A little question

Home Forums Age of Wonders Classics Discussions A little question

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Kranford 2 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Kranford

I’ve been working on the same map in the editor for the past four years or so. Technically two, since I finished it on a previous computer, but lost it when said computer died. Fortunately, I had emailed a not-yet-finished copy to myself, and was able to get it almost complete up until now.

Anyways, to the question I alluded to. What’s the longest time you’ve ever taken with making a map, what was the reason, and will it ever see the world beyond your computer if finished?

My map AoW map, the Borderlands, has been like this for so long due to me obsessively tweaking details, custom items, item placement, ruin guards, heroes, cities, and other little things. Not sure if I’ll publish it or not. I’ve never really seen what the rest of the AoW community produces, and I want to make sure every little detail is just right.

Kranford

Well, a shameless bump on my part, but the map is finished, at long last. The most difficult part was making the Maze. I soon decided against a sprawling labyrinth of tunnels in favor of a teleporter maze, and then decided to make it four rooms, each with an item required to progress past a point in the central room. By the time you get out of there, you’ll have a nice pile of gold, items, XP, and some level 4 spells. Naturally, if somebody beat you to that section, you can always get out of there with a little help from warp party or town gate.

EDIT- Sorry, but I love gushing about little flavor bits of my maps. For me, flavor is very important to a map being fun and entertaining.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.