Age of Wonders III V1.5 + Mac/Linux now Live

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Age of Wonders III V1.5 + Mac/Linux now Live

This topic contains 51 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by  Tudhalyas 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Lennart Sas
    Keymaster

News Post: http://ageofwonders.com/age-of-wonders-iii-free-update-v1-5-is-live/

Thanks everybody for your help! AoW3 is more polished than any of the previous games were and it wouldn’t have been possible your feedback!

Downloading right now. Great job everyone!

PS. First, finally 🙂

terrahero

Good thing i have all day off tommorrow. As a GOG users it looks like this one is going to run late, obviously these extra 2hours mean i will have to stay up longer.

SolarisHan

“They’re keeping me in a basement, I’m not sure where. There’s a small window, I can see a windmill!”
    xD

GeorgiSR

I have a question regarding this part:

•Exalted that have evolved from Martyrs now have the Absorb Pain ability.

Yesterday I evolved a martyr with the “Mercenary” Perk and Along “Absorb Pain” The Exalted retained “Mercenary” just like Absorb Pain. Is this by design or should I report it properly in the support section?

Yesterday I evolved a martyr with the “Mercenary” Perk and Along “Absorb Pain” The Exalted retained “Mercenary” just like Absorb Pain. Is this by design or should I report it properly in the support section?

Working as intended.

esvath

Waiting for the GOG edition….

GeorgiSR

Working as intended.

This is great 🙂 Thanks

bensku

Waiting for the GOG edition….

Same me. Saw that post and instantly checked GoG. Oops, have to wait still…

But one question: is the 2 hours from now (when Eternal Lords releases) or 2 hours AFTER DLC Steam release?

I can’t buy it yet!!, says i have to wait 2 hours whyyyyyyy!!!

GeorgiSR

I can’t buy it yet!!, says i have to wait 2 hours whyyyyyyy!!!

The free update is “Live” the DLC has ETA 2 hours 🙂

MC_MiCHaeL_

Thanks for all the work in this version, it looks like a great patch!

Socratatus

Same. Waiting for GOG release.

Ravenzadow

GOG is going to get it just in time for me to play it for a few minutes, go to work, and be sad I didn’t have more time to play it. =P

ariga

*If anyone can read this, please send help!

What does this mean in the Theocrat change list?

They put a minion in the dark and made him write out the patch notes with a quill and his own blood.

He is asking for your help in escaping.

But it’s too late now, we ate him.

Darkeus

Looks like I may need to fire this up again. Might pick up the expansion too depending on how much it is going to be.

lord_peter

Yes this is an impressive change list, something to read in minute detail in the next 2 hours until release 🙂

Mirastor

Free the Patchnote-writer!

If anyone can read this, please send help!
    They’ve had me trapped down here for weeks, forcing me to write patch notes for them.
    I’ve been surviving on a diet of cheese and tulip bulbs
    They’re keeping me in a basement, I’m not sure where. There’s a small window, I can see a windmill!
    Th-th-th-that’s all folks!

But I still don’t get the “All Dwarfs are now called Urist Mc by the Dev team.”

hilfazer

Musketeers and Cannons must now reload between shots. Reloading takes one action point, and ends the unit’s turn. Engineer’s rapid reload will also reload a unit

Is that supposed to be something new?

Haven’t played AoW3 since ages but i’d be surprised if they removed reload at some point and now rollbacked it.

Mythabril

Musketeers and Cannons must now reload between shots. Reloading takes one action point, and ends the unit’s turn. Engineer’s rapid reload will also reload a unit

Haven’t played AoW3 since ages but i’d be surprised if they removed reload at some point and now rollbacked it.

They changed it to a activated ability instead of a automated cooldown. So you can’t just go into defending stance and wait it out reinforced.

llfoso

Reloading is now an action they have to take, it used to happen passively. So if you want to reload you can’t melee or guard anymore.

NEHZ

It used to be on a 1 turn cooldown instead of an active reload ability. This means that now when you reload, you can’t attack or guard that turn.

Edit: and this is why I need to refresh before posting. 2 answers before mine 🙂

Yarovit

Your basic bug isn’t too smart, but you can blow off a limb… [shoots an bug’s limb off] and it’s still 86 percent combat effective. Here’s a tip: Aim for the nerve stem, and put it down for good.

Starship Troopers!

kmf

Well Linux and Mac support is pretty huge, I would’ve included that in the Changelog

BB Shockwave

Kraken now has Swallow Whole. Om nom nom nom

OOOOH I learned to hate that sound, despite how hilarious it is, when it started feasting on my heroes. Luckily, killing them still returns the unit to life.

It’s now possible to select an enemy stack on the world map, and see how far it can move given it’s current move point totals. Trust me, you want to know.

Only noticed yesterday! Awesome, and was just about to make a thread asking for it. 🙂 Was useful when checking how far those pirate ships can go.

Diair

Dragon slayer costs less and at the same times grant Draconian slayer? My poor Draconians D: Why are Draconians the only race to be singled out like that?

70mb away from playing Eternal Lords yay!

LordCameron

But I still don’t get the “All Dwarfs are now called Urist Mc by the Dev team.”

It’s a dwarf fortress reference if I recall correctly.

Also, super excited for this release! Any minute now…

kwibus

Thank you for the game Triumph.

Sure it’s a commercial product and you earn your money with it, but you guys really dedicate yourself to this game and I appreciate that a lot.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.