Age of Wonders Retrospective

Home Forums Age of Wonders Classics Discussions Age of Wonders Retrospective

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Yigg 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Edi

There is an excellent article on the original Age of Wonders at zero1gaming and how the game looks now, 15 years after its original release.

Age of Wonders Retrospective

I highly recommend reading that.

Rodor

What in AoW 1 reminded Age of Empires to this guy is a riddle to me…
    And the main thing – he looks at the series from now to the past (he played AoWSM before AoW1 which was “languishing in his library”).
    I prefer to hear the voice of people who grows TOGETHER with games, following their history from the first installments. It’s because such people would have a kind of TWO viewing perspectives and TWO feelings – how they felt about some game THEN and how they feel about that game NOW. So their POV seems reacher and more precise IMO.

Thariorn

Well,can’t really exspect modern reviewers (attention,I’ll be generalizing and butchering something now!) to actually do their job in a reasonble way.

But I actually like this retrospective,albeit I’d also love to read a loockback from someone,who played the games chronological (Especially because AoW 2 apparently was recieved very bad.).

No Mod, but I try to help - Bane of Cockatrice, a Star and an Onion.
    Check out the (not so) official List of Map-Projects aswell as the List of Mod-Projects

Blackmane

That’s because AOW2 (the first one) erm… WAS pretty heavily panned, especially by fans 😉 😛

Shadow Magic fixed that though 😛

Lol, read the OP, found he had done a follow up article on AoW3.

www.grababrew.weebly.com/

Unknown250

I’ve actually been thinking of doing some sort of retrospective, as I started with the AoW 1 Demo back in 98 and have played it pretty much non-stop since. Man, I remember those days. In 98 I probably put more hours into the AoW 1 demo and the HoMM 3 demo than I have into most full games.

I’ve actually been thinking of doing some sort of retrospective, as I started with the AoW 1 Demo back in 98 and have played it pretty much non-stop since. Man, I remember those days. In 98 I probably put more hours into the AoW 1 demo and the HoMM 3 demo than I have into most full games.

yeah I knew First Conflict inside and out. It got to the point where I actually had the costs of every unit there memorised, and the location of every city.

www.grababrew.weebly.com/

Yigg

You must Rock at that demo by now. You’ve been playing it non-stop since ’98? In a few years you should get around to playing the actual game, it’s fun too.

🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.