AOW3 Ladder !

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions AOW3 Ladder !

This topic contains 28 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  bf_markymark 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

DreadReapr

Hello
    i have created a new league for age of wonders live community, now you can finally play competitive matches. its open to play league that means you can play vs anyone, anytime and report match result.

join league here: http://bracketcloud.com/tournament/103237
    also join our discord channel to find players for a ranked or friendly match: https://discord.gg/YuyUKRV

Hiliadan

… I don’t know what to say.

Check out the Wiki for a lot of very good data about AoW3!
    What you really need to improve your AoW3 experience: the balance mod and its presentation video
    Last but not least, check out the Battlefield.com/AoW3 the community website for AoW3

Fluks

Whats the difference to the-battlefield?

DreadReapr

the diffrence is battlefield is full of pbem players only. we live players use discord now to setup games

Hiliadan

The Battlefield has:
    – a specific ranking for live MP which Techno is leading: https://www.the-battlefield.com/aow3/index.php?page=rankingstats&rankingflag=Live-Multiplayer
    – specific stats for live MP: https://www.the-battlefield.com/aow3/index.php?page=ladderstats&kindreport=Live-Multiplayer
    – 2 live MP tournaments in the last few months (including 1 ongoing): https://www.the-battlefield.com/aow3/index.php?page=tourneymain&tourneyid=7 and https://www.the-battlefield.com/aow3/index.php?page=tourneymain&tourneyid=8
    – live MP Player Pools with 34 and 41 players inside them (regular and tournament respectively): https://www.the-battlefield.com/aow3/index.php?page=bfmgames&listid=41 and https://www.the-battlefield.com/aow3/index.php?page=bfmgames&listid=65

If you want a more active live MP competitive scene, just bring the players to the BF. Reporting a game on the BF is very straightforward and takes maximum 2 minutes. If you want improvements, ask for them and discuss them.
    You already created another league 1 year or so ago and it failed completely. I don’t understand why you want to divide our already small community. Just build on what already exists!

Is it because you’re not 1st of the current ranking that you want to create a new site to be 1st? >_<

What you really need to improve your AoW3 experience: the balance mod and its presentation video
    Last but not least, check out the Battlefield.com/AoW3 the community website for AoW3

DreadReapr

Yes you do have live mp rankings and stats etc but is it really active??? Lets be honest here… Live players are not intrested in battlefield site and you’d be spreading lies if you say they are bcz i always check bf and i can only see seer report a live game evry month or 2 and im sure he’s drunk.

You ask me why i dnt try to bring more plyrs to bf instead of creating new ladder, well beleive it or not i did contact evry live player i know in the past but guess what, they werent and still not intrested and to be honest they said bad things about bf even after the new look. Personally i have no prob with bf after the new theme and i still use it mostly for pbem and chatroom.

So finally im a competitive player and i want an active league for this game, what should i do then? Begging plyrs to reconsider bf site? Ofc ill try anything to have an active ladder. To be honest we made a real progress with discord activity and i hope that will happen to this new ladder too.

By the way, no i didnt make all efforts bcz im not ranked nb1 at bf stats, thats none sense…

Hiliadan

Yeah, that was a joke for you not ranked #1.

Well, if live MP players are not interested by the BF, I seriously doubt they will be interested by another league. The issue is not with the site, it’s with how live MP guys play.
    If they have issues with the BF, let’s discuss precisely what issues and let’s solve them, but I don’t think the issues are with the site.

I’m not saying live MP is very active on the BF but you cannot deny there has been 1 tournament with 16 players recently and another with 8 is active now. There could be tournaments all the time if some people (you?) tried to organize them.

Refineus

Yes you do have live mp rankings and stats etc but is it really active??? Lets be honest here… Live players are not intrested in battlefield site and you’d be spreading lies if you say they are bcz i always check bf and i can only see seer report a live game evry month or 2 and im sure he’s drunk.

You should approach people with more respect. Consider this, treat community and players with honesty and a different approach.

I do not consider aggressivity to be the correct path to attract players. It’s stupid to promote something when you fail to do so by immediately lower yourself to the lowest level.

Sartarius

Really no point in spreading not so big AOW community into more different leagues\sites\etc. There is a steam group NQ, BF site and why do you need another one? It will be abandoned in a few weeks.

Griffith

I appreciate what you’re trying to do here. As in trying to bring ranked games back to live MP. But I’m not so sure most of the live players actually want to play ranked. I tried asking in the early days, but people didn’t seem very enthusiastic.

I don’t think it’s the BF sites fault (although maybe it could use some polish), more like an attitude issue.

DreadReapr

Hiliadan unfortunatly you’re wrong, most live players told me clearly that they hate bf site structure and look, they didnt say they’re not intrested in playing ranked. are all of them lying? Ofc not.

Refineus, i dnt knw why claim that i am aggressive with plyrs and whatever. You dont know me… Nxt time u accuse me of this please give examples and quotes of mine.

Satarius im not splitting live community into bf and another league bcz there’s no such live activity in bf ladder.. How can i split smthing that doesnt exist?

Go ahead and promote bf ladder in live community, instead of throwing hate posts about my new idea.

And by the way sucess always come after failure.

Refineus

You should approach people with more respect. Consider this, treat community and players with honesty and a different approach.

I do not consider aggressivity to be the correct path to attract players. It’s stupid to promote something when you fail to do so by immediately lower yourself to the lowest level.

You did not read my post.

Refineus, i dnt knw why claim that i am aggressive with plyrs and whatever. You dont know me… Nxt time u accuse me of this please give examples and quotes of mine.

First of all. Dont tell people they’re drunk. Don’t be person claiming things you cant stand for, because you can’t. I only read what you wrote so far. If you use a different approach you understand how convinient it is to not corner yourself.

As far, you did not read my first post as it had a good example with a quote. Judging how you argue without actually reading through what people write is just bad manners. Potential players whom whoever will read your post will consider you as an aggressive person. Try to change your behaviour in your answers and people will treat you better. It’s up to you, no one else.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Refineus.

DreadReapr

It seems you dnt knw the diffrence between aggression and a simple straightforward sentense, i know seer and that was a joke bcz he always tell about himself grabbing beers. you ve got a brain, use it . And yes i am aggressive just now.
    Im not arguing w u anymore

Hiliadan

Hiliadan unfortunatly you’re wrong, most live players told me clearly that they hate bf site structure and look, they didnt say they’re not intrested in playing ranked. are all of them lying? Ofc not.

It may be that they don’t like the layout of the BF but as Griffith said, they just are not interested by ranked games either.

Let them say precisely what they don’t like in the “structure and look” and improve it. And instead of spending your energy in establishing a new league, try to make the current one better and bring players there. You did not even say a word or post anything in the BF to ask for improvements or changes before creating your new league, that just left me speechless.

Satonir

Honestly read only the last posts of thread, just wanted to express my opinion. In a game played regulary by about 100 ppl in whole world if you create some extra entertainment it should be as light and as understandable as possible.
    Also there must not be any things splitting community. We are little, like a family clan. I insist that player who wants to play via internet should use all existing ways to find match, for finding match is a very difficult thing so far, mostly for non-experts.
    Believe me, i spent 1/3 or even 1/2 time that was to play the game on finding opponent. It doesnot matter for me at all if the match is ranked or unranked, if it’s PBEM or LMP as long as there are no opponents up for all day.
    But. Discord made my experience A WAY better. I insist that every player should use it. We should do everything we can to tell people of it. The more players are present in discord, the more fair and more up opponents can be found, the more team v team games start every day, the better is balance and mods discussion. Discord is the thing that provides comebacks, lets sharing exp with newer players, makes game more popular and living.
    We starve, jentlemen, we should be closer to each other like penguins on Pole. If we are splitted, we are flanked and wanquished.

Hiliadan

But. Discord made my experience A WAY better. I insist that every player should use it.

I find it quite appropriate that it’s named Discord. 😀
    I mostly recognize that Discord has features other sites do not have, like audio chat. And it’s a good thing that people use it.
    However, saying everyone should be on it and it should be the main platform for discussion IS splitting the community because there are already existing places where you can discuss: the No Quitter Steam group and the Battlefield, where you have a chat which is very easy to use (you don’t even need an account).

I insist that every player should use it. We should do everything we can to tell people of it. The more players are present in discord, the more fair and more up opponents can be found, the more team v team games start every day, the better is balance and mods discussion.

This is basically what you should be saying about the BF.

For me Discord looks like a good tool for live MP guys and it should be used IN COMPLEMENT, not in replacement of existing platforms. It helps to find games but then these games can be reported on the BF, and tournaments can still be organized there.
    PBEM players don’t need Discord.
    Mods and balance discussions (except for live MP maybe) don’t need Discord.

Satonir

Hiliadan, i see how much you LOVE your website. But many players i know say it’s complicated and player-unfriendly, and honestly I agree. Also i am not an original english-speaker, and its much harder for me to understand it.But. I am registered there and visit it sometimes.
    No Quitters? Dead now, everyone plays LMP via Discord.

I wish no offence but before I see you in Discord chat I am sure you have no idea of how popular it is. There are team games everyday, all organized via Discord. If all community joins, we ll have 3 or 4 team games a day and lots of duels.

And. I repeat. I dont mind using EVERY gathering platform. But. I think that people who try to insist that only 1 platform should be used are actually splitting the community.

Only the time is true to show which platform is the best. Till then wise one will keep 2 fingers on pulse.

P.S. See you in Discord.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Satonir.
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Satonir.

Hiliadan

But. I think that people who try to insist that only 1 platform should be used are actually splitting the community.

For me Discord looks like a good tool for live MP guys and it should be used IN COMPLEMENT, not in replacement of existing platforms.

I am not sure about who you are talking?

Hiliadan, i see how much you LOVE your website. But many players i know say it’s complicated and player-unfriendly, and honestly I agree.

It’s not about loving one site. I’m just the type of persons who believes in working with existing tools instead of wasting efforts creating multiple things. So I work for the Wikia and I don’t create my own database of AoW3 units. I work on a community balance mod, and I don’t create my own balance mods that nobody will use. I work on a Community Expansion (Shadow Realm) and not on mini mods alone. Etc.
    It’s all well and nice to say something is complicated and player-unfriendly. But if nobody can’t point out to anything concrete, we’re not going to go very far.
    Many players I know (about 30-40) find the BF simple and friendly enough and use it on a weekly basis. Whenever they report something as unclear or not working, we fix it, and the site improves.

Anyway, I think I should stop repeating things. I’ve understood some time ago that the live MP community won’t ever use a site like the BF (or the league created by DreadReapr).

Nemesis_Zero

Truth is, befor markymark asked my to join the LMP tournament there was just 4or5 players after several weeks. After i joined i asked everyone on my steam friendlist to join this tournament. In few days 8, 9 or 10 people joined the tournament.

Im all for growing this community, i was since the beginning! My first thread in this forum was “Milestone in sales but 12 lmp people online at best” and its over 1 year old but still top3 thread in the multiplayer meeting point area.
    Why did i wrote this thread ? Because i hosted games and waited for players to join… noone did.

Yes, we have NQ Group: created years ago, lots of members in it but you have to keep it real, noone is using the NQ group to get his daily game. This is simply not viable please understand this!
    1.) You cant, its just not possible to contact players directly, you first have to add them and wait till they respond.
    2.) No notification if NQ forum if used or if someone asks for a game in NQ Forum. BIG POINT!
    3.) You have to ask every single player in your friendlist if he is interested in a game, if you have many friends its not viable.
    4.) Announcement and Event are only used by the aktiv part of the NQ Group thats most of the time dread,spock,seer and crazy out of over 300 members. All 4 are ofc already on my friendlist.

Yes, we have the Forum: Again, getting daily games via forum is not viable! I hope you understand this as well.
    1.) No activity (my first thread is over 1 year old and still top3 in the multiplayer meeting point area)
    2.) No notification if someone respond to your Forumthread. Even if you get mail notification, chatting via mail is not viable.
    3.) asking every single player is not viable.
    4.) Long response time because noone gets notification game is up. This is a BIG POINT!

Yes, we have BF-Site: Even here you cant get your daily games. Its not viable. Why?
    1.) Few LMP players
    2.) Long response time
    3.) One have to creat a game (noone gets notification game is up and this is the BIG POINT).
    4.) The site is complicated to handle
    5.) OR one have to contact every single player to get to know if he is interested in a game or not (time consuming and not viable becasue you dont know who is LMP or PBEM player, to many players to ask every single on of them. Asking on chat is not viable as well because noone gets a notification. No app to get chat notification on the way)

But we have Discord: If you want to be reachabel you get online. If you want a game you write a simple “?” in the “for-fun-game” section every single player in this group gets the notification! Because everyone gets a notification response time is reduced. This is way more efficient than any of the alternatives above. I hope you readers can agree that no alternative can match this efficiency.
    You can contact every single player directly and open a seperat chatwindow.
    in one click any player can get an overview of all youtubers our community have. If someone wants his Youtube channel to be added, please YES!.

For the above reasons LMP players will not be active on NQ/BF/Forum, so it makes little sense to promote tournamets on platforms where only few LMP players are active. My very first passage made it clear i hope.

If a tournament will be successful or not is a different story though. My opinion on that is that we LMP players already know the skill level of each other because we use to balance 2v2 and 3v3 teams. There is an unwritten ranking in the LMP community.
    What should be possible is to copy the results to the BF site , so PBEM and LMP players know what is going on in the LMP as well as in the PBEM world.

What we need for this community is to bring AoW3 to the people via Youtube/twitch/other with interesting/fun/competitive content everyone can easily access.

Fluks

Don’t know how this turned into a discussion about discord. The Discord group is active, convenient and provides group and audio chat. Thanks for setting that up Dread! However I can’t really see what this new bracketcloud league would add that is not already existing on the battlefield, actually at the moment the battlefield offers more (such as statistics). I don’t see why we shouldn’t use discord like Hiliadan said:

[…]It helps to find games but then these games can be reported on the BF, and tournaments can still be organized there.[…]

But thats just my humble opinion and I’m not so much into ladder gaming anyways, but I enjoyed playing in the bf-tournaments as well as playing casual games found with discord and steam.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Fluks.
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Fluks.

DreadReapr

fluks, go ahead and ask live players to play a duel ranked game repoted on bf site… then you will understand why im trying smthing new and fresh, im not saying that my new bracketcloud ladder is genius but its worth a try to have a competitive live community bcz for the last year all i see is friendly 2v2s and 3v3s.
    i want players to be more competitive and improve
    thats really all my desire.

Nemesis_Zero

It turned into a discussion about discord because it makes a huge difference where (Discord/BF) you start what kind of tournament (PBEM/LMP).

For a LMP Tournament on BF you need LMP players but LMP players cant find LMP games on BF so they do not visit/register on this site. Thats the problem Hiliadan wants to solve by haveing the exclusive right to start LMP tournaments.
    The only thing dreads bracketcloud league would take away from the BF site is the potetial LMP playerpool that could register on the site.
    Thats what the discussion is all about.

A good solution would it if BF could host a site, simple by design like cloud league, where LMP’s can join with their BF login, and give Dread and Griff moderator rights.

DreadReapr

They can have full moderation to lmp ladder, i dnt really care about this position. All i want is an active lmp ladder that attract live players.

Hiliadan

so it makes little sense to promote tournamets on platforms where only few LMP players are active. My very first passage made it clear i hope.

Why do you think PBEM players get full with 32 players? Because there are players like me who contact everyone to get them to join. People are not going to come if nobody is calling them and sending them the info, people are lazy. So yes, obviously the LMP community is dead on the BF because nobody is promoting and leading it. Markymark does not have the capacity to do that.
    So yeah, as you said: as soon as YOU, Nemesis Zero, started contacting players, the tournament filled up. If Dread and you pushed players, I’m sure you could have tournaments all the time. But it’s not going to happen if no one is leading it.

Yes, we have BF-Site: Even here you cant get your daily games. Its not viable. Why?
    1.) Few LMP players
    2.) Long response time
    3.) One have to creat a game (noone gets notification game is up and this is the BIG POINT).
    4.) The site is complicated to handle
    5.) OR one have to contact every single player to get to know if he is interested in a game or not (time consuming and not viable becasue you dont know who is LMP or PBEM player, to many players to ask every single on of them. Asking on chat is not viable as well because noone gets a notification. No app to get chat notification on the way)

4) please say where and we’ll make it easier. All of you so far said generalities like “it’s complicated”, etc. but without saying anything precise. It’s actually very simple to use and I doubt the Bracketcloud stuff is easier, you still need to register, choose a name, and do several clicks to report a game.

As for the other points: you actually do NOT have to create a game to find players and the chat could be used to look for games, but it’s a vicious circle: live MP players don’t believe they can find players on the BF so they don’t go there, so new players who go there don’t find players and think they can’t find players, and leave, etc.
    There is a player pool, where you can say you are looking for a game, and everybody gets a notification. The issue is that for some reasons, live MP players don’t know how to use it or don’t want to use it.
    We could set it up so that each time a new game is created, all live MP players in the pool are instantly notified, if that’s something you want.
    You can send a PM to all live MP players. You don’t need to know them, you just go to the live MP pool https://www.the-battlefield.com/aow3/index.php?page=bfmgames&listid=41 and use the “Send a private message to all players in the pool” option to contact them all. Or you don’t even need to do that and just post a comment in the pool and they’ll all get a notification.
    The long response time is not due to the design but just to a “negative network effect” where live MP players are just not there.

A good solution would it if BF could host a site, simple by design like cloud league, where LMP’s can join with their BF login, and give Dread and Griff moderator rights.

I’m not sure how the cloud league’s design is simpler, please point it out to me.
    For instance if you just want to report a game:
    1. log in on the BF
    2. go to “Games” -> “Report a finished game” in the menu
    3. select “League game” [this step could be simplified, I didn’t know it was like that, I’ll work on that]
    4. it’s live MP by default, no need to change it. Select the number of players [this could also be simplified, we’ll work on that]
    5. enter the players
    6. enter their class/race, result and team
    7. (optional) write a report
    8. click on “Next step”
    9. check and confirm

You’re done. Except steps 3 and 4, I don’t see how it can be done simpler on the cloud league.

DreadReapr

Sry but im too lazy to spam messages to live players so you can have decent lmp activity on bf site, if others can well good. What i like is to post an idea in forums or contact players one time only, if my idea is gd enough it will spread. For exp i only contacted plyrs one time about discord and it filled up on its own.

Maybe others can take this job.

DreadReapr

By the way i dnt think bf is complicated to use but not easy as well, maybe live mp plyrs are right , maybe i dnt find it hard to use bf bcz i like complicated stuff.

Hiliadan

For exp i only contacted plyrs one time about discord and it filled up on its own.

That’s not how I remember it. 😛 You posted about Discord maybe 1-2 month ago and it first didn’t work. Then you reposted about it and it worked.

I don’t really care about live MP activity on the BF, I don’t play live MP and don’t plan to. I do care about having 2 separate websites for a small AoW3 community.
    Don’t expect people to join a league, whatever league, if you don’t promote it actively.

DreadReapr

i think that first discord post doesnt count bcz i was too impatient, i closed it in less than a week. my bad

bf_markymark

do not know, my plan is normally to have a page for “all players” and “less dependencies to others portals”, make a great history/place for mostly aow players. And you shall get much statistics about AOW3, not only a ladder or tournament.

But make the page maybe complicated. But i’m sure it is better to have one page than much pages with much accounts and no really aow3 stats, and after month, the pages are forgotten, but the bf history in hall-of-fame will never forgot.

I think Bf make enough to organisate competive Live Multiplayers games, so i do not know what is real the problem?

We make LANs (for example the BF Lan on 29. September), we make duel and 2on2 tournaments, and sometimes i tried to organisate a great Live Multiplayer game with the scheduler tool (for resuming games)

The Problem is, when you want convince players to make 3-10 reports per day, you need to be very activ, no page will handle this or you needing great prices.
    Maybe when a game is new, it is easier to play much ladder games, but i think this is boring anytime: you know dreadreapr is better than markymark, why playing such games?
    Then i play a mod, or play another game.

When someone want try to make more live multiplayer games in bf (more tournaments others) i can give him an admin account. I have mormally to less time, i do not play much live multiplayer, what a problem is (the admin has to be activ, then it work)

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.