Balance based on hard data from the PBEM tournament (continued)

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Balance Suggestions Balance based on hard data from the PBEM tournament (continued)

This topic contains 216 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Hiliadan 2 days, 15 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 211 through 217 (of 217 total)
  • Author

devolution

What about nerfing twisting roots like I described in the steam forum ?
    (Huge thanks for the PBEM mod btw!)

Hiliadan

Thanks for the good words! 🙂

As I said on Steam:
    “Twisting Roots was indeed spotted in the radar but nobody really complained about it up to now so we did not try tackling it. But I keep that in mind, and you’re probably right that a 3 turns duration would be a good solution. We already have a kind of congestion in the pipe of proposed changes for v1.23 but if a change to Twisting Root doesn’t make it for v1.23, it should make it in v1.24.”

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  Hiliadan.

Check out the Wiki for a lot of very good data about AoW3!
    What you really need to improve your AoW3 experience: the balance mod and its presentation video
    Last but not least, check out the Battlefield.com/AoW3 the community website for AoW3

Zaskow

(Huge thanks for the PBEM mod btw!)

This spell would be nerfed in 1.23.
    Biggest problems it has, because: a) it can appear as starting spell; b) it’s pretty powerful spell if used correctly.

“Twisting Roots was indeed spotted in the radar but nobody really complained about it up to now so we did not try tackling it. But I keep that in mind, and you’re probably right that a 3 turns duration would be a good solution. We already have a kind of congestion in the pipe of proposed changes for v1.23 but if a change to Twisting Root doesn’t make it for v1.23, it should make it in v1.24.”

I was aware about power of this spell even on live MP matches with friends. On manual battles vs. dull AI it could be pretty devastating.
    3 turns limit is too huge. First nerf would be deleting possibility for this spell to be in spellbook from start of game and to limit its appearing after first 5-7 turns only.

devolution

@zaskow: Thanks for making this change a priority, I totally agree that it should not be among the possible starting spells!

Hiliadan

New priority changes:
    Ne15a
    Undeads that attack a unit with Necromantic Aura get “Mind Control Immunity” if the Aura fails its 7 spirit attack check on them (units with “Mind Control Immunity” cannot be affected by Necromantic Aura).

Dr19a
    The Dreadnought ability Fireproofing gives +60% Fire Protection and Lava Walking. It requires Forge Aprons. (was called “Lava Walking”, was giving +100 % Fire Protection and did not require Forge Aprons)

GC35 also becomes Priority change.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  Hiliadan.
    • This reply was modified 6 days, 21 hours ago by  Hiliadan.

What you really need to improve your AoW3 experience: the balance mod and its presentation video
    Last but not least, check out the Battlefield.com/AoW3 the community website for AoW3

Hiliadan

New priority changes:
    Dr21b
    Inject Mana Fuel is Once per battle and cannot be dispelled.

Dr21c
    Inject Mana Fuel is Once per battle and can be dispelled.
    (lorewise, it is an injection of Mana or something similar so it is magic and things that dispel magic should work on it)

• This reply was modified 6 days, 15 hours ago by  Hiliadan.

Hiliadan

First change confirmed for v1.24:
    GC46
    Domains of XXX spells can be researched by Necromancer (were not displayed in the research book of Necromancer) and their non-morale bonus apply to Undead, Elementals and units of Magical Origin (these three types of units still do not start to “Like” the climate due to the spell) (was Undead, Elementals and units of Magical Origin do not benefit from the stat boost

Viewing 7 posts - 211 through 217 (of 217 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.