Best single scenario maps?

Home Forums Age of Wonders Classics Discussions Best single scenario maps?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  soulclaw 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

mjkittredge

Finally beat the campaign in AoW SM and I’m trying the extra maps. Which ones are your favorites? Did you download some player made ones?

After The Flood is fun, huge map with tons of water. Unfortunately enemy AI isn’t doing very well with it. Near complete map control in 40 turns and none of them have even gotten aggressive. After the final several campaign levels where I was challenged nearly to the max, it’s a bit of a letdown, wish I could give them some starting advantage.

Tanchiro

After the Flood in Aow1 is great but not perfect. Lizardmen and Halflings really get the short end of the stick. Even so I’ve played it so many times.

Rise of Kings (comes with 1.4 patch) on Shadow magic is also a great one.

albinscott

My favorite maps were made by players:
    – Lords of Celederion (no single-player, as it becomes too easy; gorgeous, gorgeous map!)
    – Athendore II (most difficult map I’ve ever played in AoW SM; brilliant!)
    – Valley of Turmoil (2 human players; plenty of options)
    – Hope’s End (2 human players; interesting and different map)
    – Race to Death – Walker’s Crusade (multi-player; perfect map for 6 human players)
    – Earthquake (epic map)
    – The Groll’s maps (the map maker who went further in exploring and exploiting the Editor’s resources)

You can also search for the highest rated maps.
    Everything’s here: http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/index.php

Taliesyn

I could swear that I recall a Lord of the Rings map for AoW, too, way back when.

Anyone who remembers me from when I went by Suana (Taliesyn was taken) on the old HeavenGames forums will remember how much I was into LotR, though, so I might be slightly biased. 😀

ffbj

waleeed1

. After the final several campaign levels where I was challenged nearly to the max, it’s a bit of a letdown, wish I could give them some starting advantage

waleeed1

I could swear that I recall a Lord of the Rings map for AoW, too, way back when.

Anyone who remembers me from when I went by Suana (Taliesyn was taken) on the old HeavenGames forums will remember how much I was into LotR, though, so I might be slightly biased.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  waleeed1.

Hiliadan

I really enjoyed this map in AoW2:SM: http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=663 Return of the Lizard, very hard without reload, with some scripts and a nice ambiance.
    I think it was included in AoW2:SM 1.4 (or something) patch. Really a great map!

Kranford

Let’s see… I played the original, still do from time to time, in fact.

My faves include a scenario of my own making, the Borderlands. Rocky Hollow is also a good one, along with First Conflict and Heartwood Forest.

soulclaw

Here is the collection of my maps for AoW 2/Shadow Magic over at AoW2 Heaven. There is even a complete campaign available to play.

http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/lister.php?search=alex+mars

The maps at the very bottom of the page aren’t mine, the search function pulls them up due to my name being mentioned in the documentation.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by  soulclaw.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by  soulclaw.

soulclaw
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.