*Official* Patch v1.2 now available via Steam and GoG

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions *Official* Patch v1.2 now available via Steam and GoG

This topic contains 367 replies, has 121 voices, and was last updated by  Socratatus 5 years ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 211 through 240 (of 368 total)
  • Author

b0rsuk

(wrong thread)

Bob5

If a unit attacks a Support unit (or static shield unit) in melee it may get stunned. If it’s stunned and you Dispel it, you get another chance to move and attack. For example I had a Stone Giant attack Apprentices. If it’s stunned an I dispel it, I can move the giant anywhere and even attack another unit in melee.

This also happens with Overload. If Overload causes a machine to get stunned after attacking, dispelling the stun with another unit also allows the machine to fire again (assuming no cooldown) in that same turn. This works both on trebs and battering rams

Shiara384

The Diplomacy still needs a bit of working. The AI gets upset if you declare war on “Anyone”, you will get the -400 “declared war on our ally” even if they don’t like that person or never met them before. Thats not supposed to happen is it?

esvath

I might be repeating this for the umpteenth time, but I don’t think the Devs have already addressed this:

Please include custom leaders in the hero pool

OR

Add a random hero generator

OR

Both.

The number of heroes is too low atm.

grumpysmurf

The Diplomacy still needs a bit of working. The AI gets upset if you declare war on “Anyone”, you will get the -400 “declared war on our ally” even if they don’t like that person or never met them before. Thats not supposed to happen is it?

I do not understand the numbers in the diplomacy window at all.

I have friendly AI A. I met him and we made peace – 100 relation.

Then I met slayer AI B – B declares war on – I get -300 Relation with A for declaring war on somebody – While A is at war with B.

Next A passes through my territory – I get -100 relation modifier. Fun

So far I do not understand the numbers. Especially I am hated with A having more than -800 relation, but he does not declare war on me – seems he still likes me.

90% of the relations seem to be determined when you first meet anybody – dwelling neutral/peace vs. war – same for any AI. 60% offer peace and once they offer peace will accept an alliance proposal.

Did you notice any changes in the beta?

Hulahn

I saw a dev post (I’ll add it if I find it again) a couple-three weeks back stating that they were working on diplomacy and empire building additions, so, I presume those will be in a separate pack (patch/DLC??). They are also wrapping up a new race addition to the game.

So, there is plenty of new content on the horizon. I think they’re just trying to get the issues addressed and out of the way.

smeagolheart

I might be repeating this for the umpteenth time, but I don’t think the Devs have already addressed this:

Please include custom leaders in the hero pool

OR

Add a random hero generator

OR

Both.

The number of heroes is too low atm.

pretty please 🙂

+1

they already have random leader maker

smeagolheart

Could we get additional sliders, like the ones you guys made triumph for the game speed slow, slower, slowest.. but for things like the dwellings and number of cities. I’m playing a medium map with “few” cities and there are at least 15 to 20 cities. That to me is not “few”. Someone said the number of cities is tied to the number of AI you face but why is that? Why I can’t have more AI but less cities?

Either way can you not tie the number of cities to the number of AI or can you add more sliders like you guys did with the game speed to make more options to enlower or add things?

Motasa

Although this thread is already bursting out at the seams, is there any word on the progression of fixing the crossbow animation of most crossbow wielding units (i.e. Dwarf Crossbowman, Scoundrels, Bards, Civic Guards, …)? In that when firing the crossbow will glitch through the unit’s body and come out of their right shoulder, looking just plain awkward.

Steelhill

Have anyone tried the Orc class units with tireless yet? because giving Tireless out to units like that seems really OP.

“I bought AoW3 on GoG so i cant test it”.

Hunter

Could we get additional sliders, like the ones you guys made triumph for the game speed slow, slower, slowest.. but for things like the dwellings and number of cities. I’m playing a medium map with “few” cities and there are at least 15 to 20 cities. That to me is not “few”. Someone said the number of cities is tied to the number of AI you face but why is that? Why I can’t have more AI but less cities?

Agree. “Few” is still too many by a long way.

You can build bridges so you can destroy them as well correct?

grumpysmurf

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>smeagolheart wrote:</div>

Agree. “Few” is still too many by a long way.

It would be great if the game listed in the tooltip – what “few” means for the map. If it is 5-10 or 4x players, …

You can build bridges so you can destroy them as well correct?

Pre-patch it is planting forests on the bridge heads, but this was a bug.

As you can prepare your invasion with bridges – destroying them could be useful as well – and risky for both sides.

@grumpysmurf

Yeah, I’m playing tame the khan, and boy I wished I could destroy the bridge! There’s like shocktroopers, phalanx and warbreeds on the other side, and don’t have much money to pump troops out!

Oh! oh! Can we have more options for decorating our leaders?

hilfazer

Have anyone tried the Orc class units with tireless yet? because giving Tireless out to units like that seems really OP.

“I bought AoW3 on GoG so i cant test it”.

Well, I didn’t, but I think Orc Assasin is going to be a demigod now (while other Assassins being only lesser demigods).

Sathra

I did build a bridge, not sure how to destroy it. No raze option.

And Orc units having tireless isn’t a huge problem. Orc Assassins are still Orcs, and that reduced res and lack of % resist is painful.

Epaminondas

Although this thread is already bursting out at the seams, is there any word on the progression of fixing the crossbow animation of most crossbow wielding units (i.e. Dwarf Crossbowman, Scoundrels, Bards, Civic Guards, …)? In that when firing the crossbow will glitch through the unit’s body and come out of their right shoulder, looking just plain awkward.

On the same vein: When playing Dreadnought, the upgrade that grants ranged damage to cavalry doesn’t seem to have any graphical effect on tactical combat.

Is this intended or a bug?

Robilar

As an FYI, I don’t have the patch yet (Gog..) but I have noticed that when units get the pistol as a Dreadnaught upgrade, there is no sound that goes with the firing. Not sure if the new beta patch addressed it.

Either that or they get Silencers… 🙂

Jobobn

@tombles

Just wanted to say thank you and the AoW team for listening to the community’s feedback and working hard to improve the game. Triumph really is an amazing studio for being this receptive to ideas and (constructive) criticism.

Must say with the new stats line, global assault becomes quite fearsome. Orc greatsowrds actually alomost ripped apart a knight(silver)!

Tombles
    Keymaster

Hey guys!

1) There is no way to destroy bridges currently (at least, no intended way). The main problem with it is that you have to have an army on the bridge to raze it, and the moment you do they’d all drown!

2) Another minor update has been put out for the patch, this just fixes a hang/crash when a player disconnects

3) We’ve had reports of some people not being able to start the game with the latest beta, which we’re looking into now. I’m not sure but this might delay the official release of the patch, meaning we might not be able to give it out to you guys on GOG today 🙁

Lti

Firebombs may be a bit strong now, as they can hit for full damage 6 hexes away meaning infantry will never reach them before dying (which is a shame considering one of the goals of this patch was to give infantry a fighting chance).
    They can also hit trebuchets trying to destroy walls during sieges which may be a bit rough as battering rams are pretty useless against draconians.

Morty

Yeah, lack of range penalty on firebombs seems a bit excessive. It’s a one-shot ability, anyway, so range is less of a concern for them in the first place.

Kozzie

but firebombs are not that damaging really – a firebomb will also be nothing vs fire res enemies

esvath

Hey guys!

1) There is no way to destroy bridges currently (at least, no intended way). The main problem with it is that you have to have an army on the bridge to raze it, and the moment you do they’d all drown!

How about allowing Swimming/Floating/Flying units to raze bridges? This will add strategic decisions for players. Fun too, imho!

Or better, allow all units to raze bridges, with death consequence for walking units? I don’t mind to sacrifice a tier 1 unit in order to disrupt enemy logistic route.

3) We’ve had reports of some people not being able to start the game with the latest beta, which we’re looking into now. I’m not sure but this might delay the official release of the patch, meaning we might not be able to give it out to you guys on GOG today :(

Noooooooo…

Hulahn

Along those lines @esvath, here’s some text that I put out a while back (in this post: http://ageofwonders.com/forums/topic/buildraze-bridge/) for building/razing bridges:

If you’re going to have the option to build & raze bridges, then I definitely agree with Mezmorki that both embarking AND disembarking should take the whole remainder of your turn.

And, YES, I am definite in favor of building & razing bridges – it is a nice tactical maneuver to have available, and the AI should put that tactic to use, also. You would absolutely have to make it so that a bridge can NOT be razed while someone is on it – these are stone bridges (it’s not Temple of Doom, or anything), and besides, razing bridges with someone on them could be a logistical nightmare. Just make the bridges “ownable” like watchtowers, that should do the trick – then, you have to “own” the bridge to raze it (again like watchtowers, or forts).

I mentioned the ownership of bridges to match the mechanics already in place for watchtowers and fortresses. You could easily slide the bridge into that empty slot on builders, and use all of the other mechanics already present in the game.

The primary reason that I feel bridge ownership is important is that if you do not already own it, then you would have to walk over it first, to take ownership, and then you could raze it – this would help to enforce no one being on the bridge, and also it would become a bit more strategic (i.e. defensive station) like fortresses and watchtowers. It encourages exploration, and then giving the option to lure somebody into an area only to cut off one of the exits, either concealing your escape route, or trapping them somewhere while you sneak up from behind with a second force.

As a strategic option, however, it would have to be able to be razed immediately, without any kind of delay.

One idea that I’m not completely sold on, myself, would be: you could require a strategic sabotage unit (with a sort of ‘bridge concealment’ ability) capable of destroying the bridge, but he would have to stand directly on it (killing him in the process) – this would place some kind of production requirement on the action, rather than a free detonation, plus, it would give the other person an option to “see it coming” if they’ve invested in True Sight. Obviously, the bridge razing code would check whether someone without that ‘bridge concealment’ ability is located on the bridge, rather than no one at all.

(That last paragraph aside…) This all could introduce a new element to the game, long-term, with more dynamic maps that can be further altered, beyond just the current terraforming; perhaps mid- to late-game research option(s) would introduce the dynamics, to keep things fresh throughout. Examples: building wall-type structures on paths to create pinch points; raising & lowering terrain; possibly even a research option to produce a moderate- to high-cost advanced sabotage unit capable of destroying mana/production/gold nodes- this would not remove the resource availability on that spot, only require them to send out some kind of civic worker to “re-discover” the resource so that it would again contribute to their empire, but still- putting a short-term hurt on the person’s resources versus just placing troops on their node (I’m not completely sold on this last idea, either).

@tombles

Just wanted to say thank you and the AoW team for listening to the community’s feedback and working hard to improve the game. Triumph really is an amazing studio for being this receptive to ideas and (constructive) criticism.

+1
    Too bad I don’t have the time to play these days or anytime soon 🙁

smeagolheart

but firebombs are not that damaging really – a firebomb will also be nothing vs fire res enemies

My dreadnaught hero with firebomb would disagree with you. His fire bomb is very very powerful.

Exmortis

The Wild Hunt doesn’t work on newly created units, so there’s no apparent benefit of it at all after the initial cast despite the fact it costs 64 mana per turn.

Robilar

Still no patch for Gog owners?

Viewing 30 posts - 211 through 240 (of 368 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.