Bug with Terrain/Climate Moral Bonus/Malus

Home Forums Help & Support Bug with Terrain/Climate Moral Bonus/Malus

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jolly Joker 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jolly Joker

The screen shows a Dwarven Outpost. All 19 Hexes are in Hated Blight Climate, so this is 19×24 negative morale points.
    However, we also have 8 Mountain hexes, which should gain Liked Bonus, 8×24 points.
    Doesn’t happen, though.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hiliadan

This works like this for Units too: Hate trumps Like. Check the Wikia (bottom of the table): http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Units#Morale
    Not a bug, rather an unexplained feature.

Check out the Wiki for a lot of very good data about AoW3!
    What you really need to improve your AoW3 experience: the balance mod and its presentation video
    Last but not least, check out the Battlefield.com/AoW3 the community website for AoW3

Jolly Joker

Makes no sense, though; climate and terain are two different things (which, this case the wikia happily ignores: Blight is no TERRAIN, but a CLIMATE).

Races and units like a certain terrain and dislike/hate a climate (which is why I’d classify water as terrain). There is no obvious reason why ANYTHING (it could be the other way round as well, that Like trumps Hate) should trump the other. Actually, the fact that it’s such a strict division – like/Terrain, dislike/Climate supports the idea that towns/units should be eligible to get both happiness adjustments.

So I don’t think it’s an “unexplained feature”. It might be a limitation of the engine, though, that is, a glitch that cannot be corrected.

Hiliadan

The names I’ve seen used are climate and overlay/feature. Terrain = climate + overlay.

There is no logic in what you say. The fact that climates and overlays are different things does not mean hate and like should both be applied, or that hate should trump like. That’s independent things and it’s just a game design decision (I seriously doubt it’s a game engine limitation, but maybe the devs will prove me wrong).

Check out the Wiki for a lot of very good data about AoW3!
    What you really need to improve your AoW3 experience: the balance mod and its presentation video
    Last but not least, check out the Battlefield.com/AoW3 the community website for AoW3

Jolly Joker

Look, it’s either a bug/engine limitation OR a design decision.
    1) If it’s a bug -> fix it
    2) If it’s an engine limitation -> no fix OR MOD possible
    3) If it’s a design decision, it’s ARBITRARY. It COULD be the other way round (that like trumps hate instead of hate trumping like, as it is), and it COULD be that simply both is taken into consideration, if there are conflicting values.

In that case it should be moddable. Is it, though?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.