Correcting incorrect or imprecise descriptions of abilities, spells, etc.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Correcting incorrect or imprecise descriptions of abilities, spells, etc.

This topic contains 41 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Hiliadan 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Hiliadan

I answer you in the post about that: http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/divine-justicar-cancelled-if-hero-dies-working-as-intended/

The fact that it follows the logic of other game mechanics does not mean it’s normal nor that it’s clear.

The AoW3 Wiki, including a video library!
    Improve AoW3 with the balance mod (presentation video)
    The Battlefield.com/AoW3 the community website for AoW3

Hiliadan

I’m not sure if it is true or not: Resurgence does not work if the corpse disappears, for instance because of Raise Cadaver used on it or Healing Essence.

Similarly, Whispers of the Fallen do not give XP if the corpse is destroyed.

Another stuff that could be precised, but it might be going too far, is what happens when some effects are cancelled, or what can cancel them.
    For instance when a mind-control is broken, I believe the unit has full MP. Conversely, when a Taunt or Panick is cancelled, the unit has no AP at all.

I think it wasn’t listed before: Slip Away leaves the unit with only 1 AP and no MP.

marcuspers1

Yes, I forgot to report this here in the forum!
    My Exalted was sacrificed at a haunted boneyard (Combat Spell: Chant of Unlife), and even though the unit have resurgence, that effect was cancelled when it was ghouled.
    The same would happened if I would have turned the corpse into a cadaver, I believe.

I’ve also made a mistake once to put ghoul curse (Ghoul Strike) on a unit, then turn the corpse into a cadaver, then the ghoulification is cancelled, and you end up with a poor cadaver instead!

Hiliadan

A hero seems to be misnamed: Arbak Kingslayer is Draconian and has Dragon Slayer, so I guess the correct name would be Arbak Kinslayer.

El_Lobo1986

The description of courtisan ambassadors says that the research provides 300 happiness bonus to independant cities and dwellings. I just bought peace with an independant city and it says the happiness bonus is only 150.

gladis

For me the description of “Healing Essence” (Grey Guard Master) is imprecise.

In the wiki, there was already some discussion on it:
    http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Grey_Guard

User AoW Bob wrote: It also affects Machines and Undead yes. I’ll add it to the description

Could you please check about Necro, Machines, Elementals etc. and add this Information in the game as well?

Leon Feargus

The thread about golems reminded me that the description for the shadowborn city spell specifically states that it does not give life stealing to machines (iirc). But it does. Which is great for golems.

gladis

The Human RG3 Military is still incorrect.
    “Human Cavalry gets +2 Physical melee damage” would mean that only the T2 cavalry would get the Bonus. Not Knights or Manticores – but they get it, I checked.
    Heroes and Leader should get it too, but didn´t check this.

So the correct description would be: “Human cavalry gets +2 Physical melee damage.”

RG2 Military is correct, because “Human Cavalry gains Quick Learner” only refers to the T2 unit.

PS I checked Healing Essence: It affects also Undead and machines, so every unit it seems. So the description is correct.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  gladis.

Hiliadan

Two things to check (reported by SlickDragon on the Wiki: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Rogue#comm-7460):
    – Courtesan Ambassadors is a +150 bonus, not 300 as listed.
    – Corpse Looting does NOT grant 3x the unit’s tier in gold as stated. It grants 3 gold for tier 1, 6 gold for tier 2, 12 gold for tier 3, 24 gold for tier 4, and 50 gold for Heroes or Leaders

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  Hiliadan.

gladis

The description for Floating lacks the Information for UG:
    As far as I know every hex costs 3 MP. Water, Lava, Streets, Dense Vegetation etc.

Not sure what happens if the Units gains Cave Crawling (Shrine to the Earthen Mother) etc.
    Is it “stackable” and therefore only 2 MP?

Hiliadan

The description for Floating lacks the Information for UG:
    As far as I know every hex costs 3 MP. Water, Lava, Streets, Dense Vegetation etc.

Not sure what happens if the Units gains Cave Crawling (Shrine to the Earthen Mother) etc.
    Is it “stackable” and therefore only 2 MP?

I think it gives them a hidden Cave Crawling so it’s not stackable. And it doesn’t work on Lava. For Water, it’s just their usual “swimming-equivalent” ability, like on the surface.

Hiliadan

Condemn Killing’s description is not coherent between the ToW’s display and the display during battle (reported by gladis):

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.