Correcting incorrect or imprecise descriptions of abilities, spells, etc.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Correcting incorrect or imprecise descriptions of abilities, spells, etc.

This topic contains 58 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  gladis 2 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 29 posts - 31 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Hiliadan

I answer you in the post about that: http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/divine-justicar-cancelled-if-hero-dies-working-as-intended/

The fact that it follows the logic of other game mechanics does not mean it’s normal nor that it’s clear.

The AoW3 Wiki, including a video library!
    Improve AoW3 with the balance mod (presentation video)
    The Battlefield.com/AoW3 the community website for AoW3

Hiliadan

I’m not sure if it is true or not: Resurgence does not work if the corpse disappears, for instance because of Raise Cadaver used on it or Healing Essence.

Similarly, Whispers of the Fallen do not give XP if the corpse is destroyed.

Another stuff that could be precised, but it might be going too far, is what happens when some effects are cancelled, or what can cancel them.
    For instance when a mind-control is broken, I believe the unit has full MP. Conversely, when a Taunt or Panick is cancelled, the unit has no AP at all.

I think it wasn’t listed before: Slip Away leaves the unit with only 1 AP and no MP.

marcuspers1

Yes, I forgot to report this here in the forum!
    My Exalted was sacrificed at a haunted boneyard (Combat Spell: Chant of Unlife), and even though the unit have resurgence, that effect was cancelled when it was ghouled.
    The same would happened if I would have turned the corpse into a cadaver, I believe.

I’ve also made a mistake once to put ghoul curse (Ghoul Strike) on a unit, then turn the corpse into a cadaver, then the ghoulification is cancelled, and you end up with a poor cadaver instead!

Hiliadan

A hero seems to be misnamed: Arbak Kingslayer is Draconian and has Dragon Slayer, so I guess the correct name would be Arbak Kinslayer.

El_Lobo1986

The description of courtisan ambassadors says that the research provides 300 happiness bonus to independant cities and dwellings. I just bought peace with an independant city and it says the happiness bonus is only 150.

gladis

For me the description of “Healing Essence” (Grey Guard Master) is imprecise.

In the wiki, there was already some discussion on it:
    http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Grey_Guard

User AoW Bob wrote: It also affects Machines and Undead yes. I’ll add it to the description

Could you please check about Necro, Machines, Elementals etc. and add this Information in the game as well?

Leon Feargus

The thread about golems reminded me that the description for the shadowborn city spell specifically states that it does not give life stealing to machines (iirc). But it does. Which is great for golems.

gladis

The Human RG3 Military is still incorrect.
    “Human Cavalry gets +2 Physical melee damage” would mean that only the T2 cavalry would get the Bonus. Not Knights or Manticores – but they get it, I checked.
    Heroes and Leader should get it too, but didn´t check this.

So the correct description would be: “Human cavalry gets +2 Physical melee damage.”

RG2 Military is correct, because “Human Cavalry gains Quick Learner” only refers to the T2 unit.

PS I checked Healing Essence: It affects also Undead and machines, so every unit it seems. So the description is correct.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  gladis.

Hiliadan

Two things to check (reported by SlickDragon on the Wiki: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Rogue#comm-7460):
    – Courtesan Ambassadors is a +150 bonus, not 300 as listed.
    – Corpse Looting does NOT grant 3x the unit’s tier in gold as stated. It grants 3 gold for tier 1, 6 gold for tier 2, 12 gold for tier 3, 24 gold for tier 4, and 50 gold for Heroes or Leaders

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Hiliadan.

gladis

The description for Floating lacks the Information for UG:
    As far as I know every hex costs 3 MP. Water, Lava, Streets, Dense Vegetation etc.

Not sure what happens if the Units gains Cave Crawling (Shrine to the Earthen Mother) etc.
    Is it “stackable” and therefore only 2 MP?

Hiliadan

The description for Floating lacks the Information for UG:
    As far as I know every hex costs 3 MP. Water, Lava, Streets, Dense Vegetation etc.

Not sure what happens if the Units gains Cave Crawling (Shrine to the Earthen Mother) etc.
    Is it “stackable” and therefore only 2 MP?

I think it gives them a hidden Cave Crawling so it’s not stackable. And it doesn’t work on Lava. For Water, it’s just their usual “swimming-equivalent” ability, like on the surface.

Hiliadan

Condemn Killing’s description is not coherent between the ToW’s display and the display during battle (reported by gladis):

Hiliadan

– Goblin Warbreeds do not get any Blight damage from Weakening Breath, probably because of Disgusting Stench (to investigate to see if it works on other units with Disgusting Stench). But it’s written nowhere that Goblin Warbreeds should not be affected by the Breath.

gladis

Inflict Daze does not worg on undeads. this should be mentioned in the tome I think. machines could be listed as well (have 100% spirit protection ofc). not sure about elementals etc. Are they immune?

gladis

After an Undying unit comes back it has all his abilities consumed (“already used in this battle”). I discovered in the Balance Mod, but it should affect the Fallen Angel as well as Lost Souls which got an ability from a shrine (e.g. Mark Blood Sacrifice). This should be mentioned in the ability “Undying”.

gladis

Can someone explain how the Mathematics regarding Constraint cities work? They often have over 90% restraint and I have no clue how this works.

Hiliadan

Can someone explain how the Mathematics regarding Constraint cities work? They often have over 90% restraint and I have no clue how this works.

Probably worth creating a specific discussion about that.

Zaskow

It’s very simple. When growth of city is blocked by another city, it gets a nerf to population growth. How big this nerf depends from how many hexes were blocked (I don’t remember an amount per hex).

gladis

But it isn´t the total amount. Because I noticed one city with 94% and another with 95% (and there weren´t 94 or 95 hexes blocked). So I would bet on a relative number of blocked hexes * factor(s). Very difficult 😛

gladis

Being blinded doesn´t prevent Units to use Pounce (Cheetah) or Odems´s (Glutton, I admit that they could attack the hex right infront of them). If this works as intended, please clarify it in the description of blinded. Otherwise fix it.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  gladis.

Hiliadan

Divine Justicars work on Undead. It doesn’t work on Combat summons and Machines.

gladis

There are some mistakes in the Tome I think.
    1. Terraforming costs 12 Mana per transformed hex, not an amount of Gold
    2. There is no Chance of disjuncted Casts or Summons when your leader gets into the Void? (see attachments)

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  gladis.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hiliadan

Swallow Whole can’t affect Machines, Boats and Incorporeals.

Hiliadan

From the Wikia: “Wild Affinity only appears to apply to Heart structurs in the domain of cities, not fortresses” (to check and then edit the description; and update the Wiki).

gladis

The description of “Cause Fear” misses the “applies Shaken if it fails etc”
    Both, in the tome and in Wiki:
    http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Cause_Fear

gladis

The Tome has some mistakes in the Global Happiness Modifiers.
    Not sure about “Living city under Necromancer Control” or “Race Happiness Rebellious”.
    But “Race Happiness Very Unhappy” doesn´t affect the Global Happiness.

And is there any Information about the City Bonus for cities “Leader is in this City”?
    Because I didn´t got the Bonus after my Leader returned from the Void?

• This reply was modified 4 days, 6 hours ago by  gladis.

Hiliadan

Not sure about “Living city under Necromancer Control” or “Race Happiness Rebellious”.
    But “Race Happiness Very Unhappy” doesn´t affect the Global Happiness.

Translated: these bonus appear in the “Empire Happiness” section but should be in the “Unit Morale” or “City Happiness” sections.

gladis

Spelljammer (DN cast) misses Major description.
    – It can be casted/built up to 8 Hexes out your Domains (cities and fortresses)
    – Leader or Heroes didn´t allow to cast it at the adjacent hexes (unlike other “Summons”)
    – Not buildable on at Dense Vegetation (maybe change this)
    – Prevents the casting of spells from all players but the owner in a 3 hex radius.

Those Infos could be added in the Spell Book and if you click on a Spelljammer on the strategic map.
    Maybe adding a visible “Domain” – but maybe the hidden one was intended.

gladis

The 1st entry “Living city under Necromancer Control” -400 Happiness has to be in tzhe wrong section as well. Maybe it is a City Happiness Modifier, but not a Base Happiness Modifier. -400 would be way too harsh.

Viewing 29 posts - 31 through 59 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.