DLC anyone?

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions DLC anyone?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Mr.Lost 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Fonzosh

So, we have a good core game (with the 2 DLCs) and I think the whole community would gladly pay an extra 10 bucks (or, depending on the content, maybe even more). So Triumph, how about adding another DLC (there is room in the DLC-line above the starting screen 🙂 ). I know that you are working on a new game, but I think a DLC could easily generate some extra cash into your coffers (yes, Im appealing to greed).

What I would like to see is the following:
    1 extra spell/ability in the different research categories
    An expanded Partisan (come on, this skill tree is hardly ever used because, according to me, the others are so much better).
    Some official version of the “Old man and the sea” mod (maybe expanded with a water race such as Sahugins or something).
    Some spells/abilities to actually build/destroy land and mountains
    Official version of “Empire building”-mod

I dont know about other players, but I would happily pay 20 bucks for a DLC as above and maybe Triumph could talk to the mod creators and get them involved in tha DLC and give them som money for it?

Please, it is time for this great game to have another DLC!!

Definitely, but they won’t listen to you.
    I’d like Dark Elves, I always played DEs since AOWI and they really let me down with AOWIII, even though they had many requests, they just put an unfinished buggy MOD to download and they never even came back to fix the bugs me and others reported.

I also would like an improvement on the way the ship-ports system works.

Yigg

I’m very sorry to say it, but I think we’ll never get another “official” DLC for AoW3, according to official announcements. Triumph is working on something new, yet similar, according to Twitter.

Not sure what that means yet, but the fact we haven’t had another DLC since the essential Eternal Lords 2 years ago tells me we may be on the verge of AoW *4*. That may be wishful thinking on my part, but if you look at the loose plot ends left by AoW3’s campaign, it seems an obvious choice.

Lornard

Correct me if i’m wrong, but the last patch in aow:SM was almost entirely community made, wasn’t it?

With the mod making going all the rage and being there’s some clear favorites out there, i believe a more believable approach would be to allow some of these high valued mods, bundled together (with its many possible conflicting interactions treated out, of course) into to the core of the game as a “free optional DLC”. In some ways, as with OP posted when he wished for the old man and the sea and empire building mod.

Or maybe the community itself bundling it into a single “master mod”. Who knows what we can do ourselves and then having the an more official “triumph seal of approval” after it’s done.

All that said, Yeah, a official version of new content would be great. And i’d happily pay for it.

Gloweye

Triumph seal of approval also indicates that people are going to expect triumph to support it and help fix bugs.

There’s a reason that they don’t put a stamp on community work you know. Even with the best intentions, mods can still screw stuff up in weird unexplainable ways. And while they might try to help fix it, promising to make a fix (ie. giving their seal of approval) is a potential dedication of a lot of time they may not have available.

Hiliadan

An expanded Partisan (come on, this skill tree is hardly ever used because, according to me, the others are so much better).

This is planned for the very near future in the PBEM & Single Player balance mod v1.21 (to be released in the coming days on the beta branch of the mod). You can check the changes on the changelog page of the mod (at the bottom, changes from v1.2 to v1.21): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jgwAg70dwNm8i3nFJqt8hrnwpNmxudn2aSXuvDet-5w/edit All Partisan’s techs are boosted.

You have 2 current initiatives that strive to provide DLC-level quality content for the community: the PBEM & Single Player balance mod and the community-made Shadow Realm expansion.
    The first one may slowly include other mods highly valued by the community. It will for instance include the Racial Class Unit Reskin mod by Tibbles and the Racial Watchtower mod by iHunterKiller (with their permission) in the v1.21 release, to improve the visual experience of everyone. However, the mod tools do not allow easy merging of mods so that’s difficult to pull off, especially for complex mods. The Old Man & the Sea mod unfortunately did not make it to the top 5 of mods in the recent poll about best mods (https://www.the-battlefield.com/aow3/index.php?page=bf_poll&pollnumber=16) so I don’t think it will be included any time soon. + of course mods bringing content needs to be extensively tested and tweaked for balance, making their integration even harder.

Check out the Wiki for a lot of very good data about AoW3!
    The mod you really need to improve your AoW3 experience: the balance mod and the video presenting it
    And last but not least, check out the Battlefield.com/AoW3 the community website for AoW3

Thariorn

they just put an unfinished buggy MOD to download and they never even came back to fix the bugs me and others reported.

To be fair, that one was only meant to be a template in order to showcase how to create a new Race for the game.
    It even was stated that the mod is not meant to sue for play.

No Mod, but I try to help - Bane of Cockatrice, a Star and an Onion.

LordTyrael

I’d like Dark Elves, I always played DEs since AOWI and they really let me down with AOWIII, even though they had many requests,

The issue with DE is the mending, DE would not be easily implemented without lots of work(Shadow realm most likely)

Personally i think the class system of Age of wonders 3 would be less than ideal for races such as DE or Highmen/Archon(Necromancers lol) but then again combos such as Orc/Goblin Theocrats or High elf Dreadnoughts feels awkward too and already exists within the game. Hopefully the new project Triumph is working on is Age of wonders 4 and i’d love to see DE there and all the other missing races(Well except Shadow demons:S)

If the new game is AOW4 I hope they’ll ask us for suggestions before the main concepts are too far into production. Personally when they said they were going to make a new game I thought it was a TBS “SciFi 4X” game. Don’t know why I though that.

Hiliadan

The issue with DE is the mending, DE would not be easily implemented without lots of work(Shadow realm most likely)

I’m curious if you read the news the community published about the Shadow Realm expansion? http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/properly-introducing-the-shadow-elves-the-sr-community-made-expansion-new-race/

If the new game is AOW4 I hope they’ll ask us for suggestions before the main concepts are too far into production.

Did you notice Triumph launched several massive polls to ask for the opinion of the AoW3 player base on game concepts? They already asked us for suggestions more than a year ago actually.

Check out the Wiki for a lot of very good data about AoW3!
    The mod you really need to improve your AoW3 experience: the balance mod and the video presenting it
    And last but not least, check out the Battlefield.com/AoW3 the community website for AoW3

Mr.Lost

After the super secret project ,I hope devs can return to AOW3,bring us more surprise..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.