Double Gravity spell as a city battlefield enchantment?

Home Forums Modding and Map Making Double Gravity spell as a city battlefield enchantment?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MartyD81 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

MartyD81

Is it possible to create a mystical city upgrade that uses the Double Gravity spell? I would like to use this Sorcerer spell as a city’s battlefield enchantment as another defense element when under siege. I know that some mods have mystical city upgrades working with combat spells (e.g. a meteor shower spell or something used during a siege in a certain mod) so this should be feasible.
    I have fiddled around with the editor a bit and tried creating such a structure but I do not seem to find the right property (unit, city, magic?) for this. Thanks in advance for everybody’s time.

• This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  MartyD81.

Zaskow

Try to look into ready siege enchantments and defense building. I used Sadism + Blood Pavilion as combat enchantment in Dungeon.

The Mentat

You can also look in the files of the Empire Building Mod; because there I created a Mythical City Upgrade that does exactly that (it’s called Skyguard Pylon).

Gloweye

You should try looking at the city defense structures, they’re in the GR packs IIRC.

Most important tho, it’s basically a building that has a requires-treasure-site link. Most buildings just doesn’t have it set. The city defense structures should help you show how to attach it to cities.

MartyD81

Thanks people for your tips! Will try them as soon as I have some time for modding.

MartyD81

Try to look into ready siege enchantments and defense building. I used Sadism + Blood Pavilion as combat enchantment in Dungeon.

O.K., how do I access “ready siege enchantments”? I have tried looking for this particular section but with no luck. Thanks in advance!

Gloweye

I think he meant how other siege enchantments are implemented. Like the city defense structures, or the enchanted wall spells (those are a lot more complex tho, markers and stuff like that. I once wanted a buildable thorn hedge wall for elf cities….)

MartyD81

I think he meant how other siege enchantments are implemented. Like the city defense structures, or the enchanted wall spells (those are a lot more complex tho, markers and stuff like that. I once wanted a buildable thorn hedge wall for elf cities….)

But the city defense structures are apparently based on those spells, markers and stuff, aren’t they? How am I then supposed to link the Double Gravity Spell to a city upgrade? Thanks again!

Gloweye

It’s just another spell. You copy Double Gravity to the rpk of the structures, and link it to that version of the spell. Then you create a new entry that’s probably called something like “City Property: Battlefield Enchantment” or something like that. Link it to your new spell.

Not even sure if you need the entire spell. Perhaps the effect is already enough. Not sure about that.

The markers are specific to replacing the inherent markers placed around the walls in the tactical combat map itself, which is why that’s more complicated than you need to worry about.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Gloweye.

MartyD81

Thanks Gloweye. As always, you have been most helpful!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.