Error: MapView Exception during draw Age of Wonders 1

Home Forums Age of Wonders Classics Discussions Error: MapView Exception during draw Age of Wonders 1

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pest4422 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

pest4422

So I recently reinstalled AoW 1 on my windows 10 rig from Steam and I am constantly getting this error message pop up. It causes the game to freeze and it must be ctrl-alt deleted to be closed.

I’ve been struggling with this issue for about a week now and have found no solutions online that have worked so far.

I am launching the game in compatibility mode since starting it normally just causes an immediate crash. It is also in windowed mode and then maximized.

Any ideas or solutions out there?

Thariorn

Did you tick the compatibilty options
    Deactivate visual Designs
    and
    Deactivated desktopdesigns ?

Because most pre XP Games tend to struggle with those two.

Another problem could be the explorer.exe, which you could terminate while in the task-manager and after closing the game down restart it via the task-manager too.

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by  Thariorn.

No Mod, but I try to help - Bane of Cockatrice, a Star and an Onion.
    Check out the (not so) official List of Map-Projects aswell as the List of Mod-Projects

pest4422

Did you tick the compatibilty options
    Deactivate visual Designs
    and
    Deactivated desktopdesigns ?

Because most pre XP Games tend to struggle with those two.

Another problem could be the explorer.exe, which you could terminate while in the task-manager and after closing the game down restart it via the task-manager too.

Hi and thanks for responding!

So I’m not sure how to tick both “deactivate visual designs and desktop designs”. I’m looking in the aow 1 settings under configuration and not seeing them there.

I will try terminating explorer to see if that helps.

Thank you!

Thariorn

Ehh, Up to at least Windows 7 all you have to do is right-click the game’s shortcut/executable, select settings, select the “Compatibility-tab” and in there in the settings part tick both those boxes.

The following window showcases the compatibility-tab of an AoW-Shortcut on my german rig.
    The “Eigenschaften”-Part is the settings-part and the 3rd and 4th tick-boxes are the ones I’ve been trying to explain.

Check out the (not so) official List of Map-Projects aswell as the List of Mod-Projects

pest4422

This is the compatibility window I see in Windows 10:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Thariorn

Ehh, that`s odd.

I guess that means Aero is the default vor Windows 10 :S

If that’s the case I’m all out of ideas :/

pest4422

I appreciate your help in any case Thariorn!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.