How long will it take me to finish the previous AoW games?

Home Forums Age of Wonders Classics Discussions How long will it take me to finish the previous AoW games?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  quo 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Ice Age

I’ve never played the old AoW games and im considering now to do so untill AoW3 is released.
    So my question is: How long will it take me to finish the 3 previous games camaigns with aproximatly daily 2-4 houers of play time?

thanks ahead for the answers.

oasis

I’ve only played Shadow Magic, so I can’t answer your question. However, I did want to relate to you what I feel is one of the best things about Shadow Magic, and that’s the Random Map Generator (I don’t believe the two previous games have one). It makes the game hugely replayable. You can choose how big the map is, how many other wizards there are, and a bunch of other stuff.

If you want to play the previous games specifically to play through all of the campaigns, then the above may not matter to you. Just thought I’d let you know, cause you don’t even have to play through the campaigns in Shadow Magic to enjoy the game.

Ice Age

Thank you for the answer!
    I indeed want to play through the story, but im afraid i wont be able to finish it befor AoW3 is released, thus the above question.

Thariorn

IF you want to play through all 3 games at ~3 hours per day hmmmm…..

For the frist one you would need about 2 weeks or more depending on whether you’ll play both sides of the cmpaing and if you want to play every branch of the campaign (At some points you can choose to travel to area A but doing so makes traveling to area B impossible).

The second and third one are a lot longer,so you would have to plan about 4 weeks each,depdening on how good a player you are ;P

So,let us just summ that up to 12 weeks cuz you wanna play AoW 1 all the way and you have it.

You can do it till the release of AoW 3.

No Mod, but I try to help - Bane of Cockatrice, a Star and an Onion.

Edelfred

IF you want to play through all 3 games at ~3 hours per day hmmmm…..

For the frist one you would need about 2 weeks or more depending on whether you’ll play both sides of the cmpaing and if you want to play every branch of the campaign (At some points you can choose to travel to area A but doing so makes traveling to area B impossible).

The second and third one are a lot longer,so you would have to plan about 4 weeks each,depdening on how good a player you are ;P

So,let us just summ that up to 12 weeks cuz you wanna play AoW 1 all the way and you have it.

You can do it till the release of AoW 3.

I am trying out AoW 1now for first now – you can’t reasearch
    skills as in AoW2 , no hexagonal grids ,missile units are very powerful,compare to
    AoW2, Aow2 example:
    Archer 1 shoots – missed
    shoots – missed
    shoots – missed etc
    in AoW1 darters and slingers kill for real – :O

Torinn

I played the AoW 2 Wiz. Thr. 6 to 10 years ago and it will take a while if you are not familiar with the game at all. On the campaign Earth mastery faze spider leader is tough. I will say it will take you about 4 to 6 months at 3 to 5 hours a day.
    I took my time enjoyed the game and played the other scenarios that came with game also.

Doomy

Aow2 -> campaign… about two weeks if you take it on a moderate pace.
    Aow2SM -> campaign… about a week if you take it on a moderate pace.
    More if you’re absolutely rubbish at the game.
    I suggest that before you go campaigning

AoW2SM gameplay potential -> huge considering it has mods too.

AoW1 -> I know a lot of people like AoW1 more than AoW2 but I beg to differ. I like AoW2 more. Than again, I played AoW2 before aow1 so… yeah. I personally wouldn’t bother with AOW1 because AOW2 is sufficient enough for a good story. Sure, you’ll be scratching your head the moment you start the Merlin campaign but it’s no different than any other games you don’t play the first one. The best comparison I can find is gothic, you don’t need to play gothic 1 to enjoy gothic 2… it’s all good and thinks won’t be super murky and unclear.

quo

I never beat Shadow Magic actually. As I recall, I made it as far as the Fire Sphere map and the final guy had Phoenixes that kept rezzing during the battle. I massively outnumbered him but couldn’t keep the Phoenixes dead… maybe I missed something though. This happened about 12 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.