"Installation invalid" after windows being updated

Home Forums Help & Support "Installation invalid" after windows being updated

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arnout 5 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

rizzoyuen

Dear Team,

My situation is :

I can launch the game normally just an hour ago before windows update (WIN10).

Launcher shortcut with steam says “Can not Launch :Installation invalid” after windows being updated.

Proved User Name & Password is passed, my account is fine.

Can launch the game under the game folder “steamapps\common\AoW3\AoW3.exe”, it shows a similar Launcher,can do Normal login with my User name & password, inside the game interface show my account name but No User data & save, and All DLC are missing..

No different after delete .APD .APS file, or whole AOW3 profile directory.

Thank you for all your concern,
    Rizzo

Arnout
    Keymaster

Hi there

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble running the game.

Could you have a look at 2.5 “Cannot Launch: Installation Invalid” error and see if this fixes the problem ?

rizzoyuen

Dear Team,

Thanks for your concern, i accidentally found that “Onedrive” setting is being changed after the Win10 update. My system automatically make a copy of my AOW3 profile and redirect the game registry to Onedrive (It also means the whole win10 system default of “Documents” folder now all redirect to Onedrive) . The function is good, but not capable with Steam.

The problem still exist when linked with Onedrive, Unlink is back to normal.

Many Thanks,
    Rizzo

Arnout
    Keymaster

Thanks for the info and good to hear the problem is solved!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.