Making a Strong Defenders but Normal rewards option

Home Forums Modding and Map Making Making a Strong Defenders but Normal rewards option

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jolly Joker 6 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hiliadan

Dear modding community! In the balance mod (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=661597466), we’re trying to add a new Strong Defenders but Normal rewards settings so that Defenders get +50% gold value but the rewards are the same as with Normal Defenders (and not +50% reward). The change would be: “- A new setting is available for “Defenders Strength”: “Strong with Normal rewards”: Treasure sites do not give +50% reward value any more”
    Zaskow has looked into it and has not seen any parameter allowing to separately set the gold value of Defenders and of rewards.

Anyone has any idea?

Check out the Wiki for a lot of very good data about AoW3!
    What you really need to improve your AoW3 experience: the balance mod and its presentation video
    Last but not least, check out the Battlefield.com/AoW3 the community website for AoW3

Gloweye

Ehm…you could reduce all reward values in advance, on each seperate adventure set ? Set them all to 2/3 of what they are now, and the 50% boost should bring them to the old level while you have stronger defenders.

Hiliadan

Yes I thought about that too but it would affect all the settings and we don’t want to remove the current implementation of the Normal, Strong and Very Strong settings.

If it’s impossible to mod, I hope the devs will be able to add something to help, because that’s something very important for balance in competitive games.

What you really need to improve your AoW3 experience: the balance mod and its presentation video
    Last but not least, check out the Battlefield.com/AoW3 the community website for AoW3

Jolly Joker

The rewards are set separately for each location, and they depend on the “value” the defenders have. If you want to have a certain defender strength as a given (that is, leave the defender strength as it is), the only way to go is reducing the rewards in ALL the adventure sets as, Gloweye said, adjusting the Excess Reward Scale to 2/3 of its actual value wihich is usually .25
    This would have to be a separate mod then.

At least that’s how I see this.

Hiliadan

Yes but as I said, we don’t want this. We want a new settings that keeps rewards as for normal (+0%) and increase defender gold value (+50%). So I’ll see if the devs can help with that. I don’t think having an extra mod to activate the setting would be practical.

Jolly Joker

With reward being a function of defender strength you cannot make a mod that allows the same rewards for different defender strength settings.
    That would obviously be possible only, by adding a new user setting pattern that would allow a general reward adjustment, something you could pick like defender strength.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.