[NOTED] Mixed language texts in multiplayer

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Help & Support Multiplayer Issues [NOTED] Mixed language texts in multiplayer

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hiliadan 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

SpiritSeeker

Hi,

When playing multiplayer (well, PBEM at least) the GUI show various messages in mixed languages, depending on the language setting of the players. See attached example.
    I’ve seen mixes of English, Russian, French and German. Unfortunately I don’t speak all of these languages, so it takes some deducing to see what it means.
    Also, it seems that for instance Alignment Modifiers of the same type will get their own line if they are in a different language (so they don’t stack to one line).

Eric

Unfortunately we cannot fix this without a massive rewrite of our localization system which is unlikely to happen for AoW3.

Hiliadan

So I guess this will never get fixed? The issue now is more that everything is in the language of the player. So for instance if a French player is playing vs a Russian player, the alignment modifiers of the French player are displayed in French in the diplomatic menus.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.