Patch v1.801

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Patch v1.801

This topic contains 31 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Lightform 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

SikBok
    Keymaster

Hi everyone,

In between the work on our Super Secret Project – that we’ll announce on PDX Con – we managed to find some time to do a few AoW3 updates. We’ve rolled those into a new patch that has just gone live.

Patch notes are:
    Age of Wonder III, Version 1.801

Tactical Combat

• Fixed an issue with the Oyster Reef Tactical Map where units were not positioned correctly on their hex due to them being placed too high relative to the water plane.

Balance

• Fixed necromantic circles spawning too close to other spawners, causing roaming unit hotspots.

Stability

• Fixed a rare crash that crashed the game when selling items.
    • Fixed a crash that occured when opening a diplomatic proposal which included a structure – e.g. a fortress – that has been razed. The offer is now automatically declined and the razed structure is removed from the proposal.
    • Fixed a rare crash in campaign when finishing a map with an active quest which had concealed units.
    • Oyster reefs no longer appear in lava lakes in the underground.

Exploits

• When selecting ‘Give me a different hero’ on a ‘Hero Join’ event it was possible to kill the declined hero to gain XP and Items. This has been fixed by despawning the hero when requesting a new hero.

Linux

• Fixed an issue where keyboard shortcuts did not work in some Linux distributions.

UI

• Added support for cursor scaling on all resolutions. Should help people see the cursor when playing on high resolutions.

Modding
    Added a workaround to allow people with high end PCs to run heavy mods.
    Especially mods that increase the number of figures – characters – on screen, such as the ‘Regiments’ mods.

1. Create a text file called ‘Game.cfg’ in the user ‘Config/’ folder of the game’s user directory. E.g. ‘/Documents/My Games/AoW3/Config/Game.cfg’ on Windows.
    2. Using a text editor – e.g. notepad – add a line saying ‘SHADER_SIZE=2’. This doubles the render call limit.

Please note that this is a workaround and not an officially supported feature. I.e. the game could become unstable and the workaround might still not resolve issues with many figures on screen.

GLHF!

Refineus

It’s great you still provide support for game.

Perhaps a small addition for heroes and leaders would be in place.

Units have screen description displaying small stories or background. The option is possible to add for leaders and heroes also. But, does not show up in-game when adding localization notes to leaders screen description. Perhaps something that could be added in for later support.

Anyway, good work!

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  Refineus.

Hiliadan

Thanks for the update! 🙂 Some nice surprises (e.g. Necromantic Circle spawn).
    But it means these two are not in then? http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/games-crashes-when-accessing-custom-leaders/ and http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/crash-when-generating-a-map-after-deactivating-a-mod-adding-a-new-layer/

The AoW3 Wiki, including a video library!
    Improve AoW3 with the balance mod (presentation video)
    The Battlefield.com/AoW3 the community website for AoW3

SikBok
    Keymaster

It’s great you still provide support for game.

Perhaps a small addition for heroes and leaders would be in place.

Units have screen description displaying small stories or background. The option is possible to add for leaders and heroes also. But, does not show up in-game when adding localization notes to leaders screen description. Perhaps something that could be added in for later support.

Anyway, good work!

Thanks!

Afraid leader & heroes have support for that because they inherit the properties from the units they are based on. However, in the UI the space used for unit descriptions is filled by inventory for heroes and leaders. Which makes this a bit more than we plan to do for a patch.

Thanks for the update! 🙂 Some nice surprises (e.g. Necromantic Circle spawn).
    But it means these two are not in then? http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/games-crashes-when-accessing-custom-leaders/ and http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/crash-when-generating-a-map-after-deactivating-a-mod-adding-a-new-layer/

Oh, sorry for the miscommunication.
    When you send those links to me I thought I said that we already had a build ready for release and we’d not be making updates to that. And that I’d book tickets for those issues, but we’d try to tackle those issues in a future – i.e. the next, not this – patch.

Hiliadan

And that I’d book tickets for those issues, but we’d try to tackle those issues in a future – i.e. the next, not this – patch.

Ok I had understood next, i.e. this, patch. 😛

Thanks for the continued support in any case and looking forward to the announcement of the next game in May!
    We’ll have a big tournament for AoW3 around June/July to help everyone waiting for the new game, stay tuned! 😀

Hiliadan

The Package manager (mod tool) does not seem to work any more. After clicking on “Package Manager”, the .exe launches (can be seen in the Task Manager) but then it stops running without giving any error message.
    I’m on Windows 7.

smeagolheart

Thanks this game is still good to play. I hope the new game that will be announced in May will be another tactical fantasy warfare game.

Jolly Joker

The Package manager (mod tool) does not seem to work any more. After clicking on “Package Manager”, the .exe launches (can be seen in the Task Manager) but then it stops running without giving any error message.
    I’m on Windows 7.

Corect. Package Manager doesn’t work anymore.

Please fix this!

Jolly Joker

Interestingly enough, restoring the system to an earlier version doesn’t help with the package manager – it just says it misses something in some dll.

Game runs, though. Still, pretty desastrous patch.

Fluks

Hooray for your continuing support of the game!!!
    But I also have the package manager problem (on windows 10)…

Zaskow

Thanks for patch!

But I have very serious complain.
    You did change an UI of content editor and it’s awful.
    Look at this:

You place all packs in 1 string and suggest to click on button trying to find needed. This is VERY uncomfortable. Earlier I could just enlarge by mouse area with listed packs and see all of them AT ONCE. PLEASE RETURN OLD VERSION OF UI. PRETTY PLEASE!!!

p.s Editor is working, just alt-tab and find.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  Zaskow.

Bob5

Thanks for patch!

But I have very serious complain.
    You did change an UI of content editor and it’s awful.
    Look at this:

You place all packs in 1 string and suggest to click on button trying to find needed. This is VERY uncomfortable. Earlier I could just enlarge by mouse area with listed packs and see all of them AT ONCE. PLEASE RETURN OLD VERSION OF UI. PRETTY PLEASE!!!

I have this problem too, only for me the software also crashes a few seconds after booting up.

Zaskow

Maybe it’s gog issue? Did you use gog or steam? I used steam and my editor works and starts normally.

Bob5

Steam, Windows 10

freeflubber

I use steam and windows 7.

v1.801 was auto-updated and seems to work fine, just tried package manager and imported “live mp competitive mod” by DreadReapr which worked fine. Incidentally no games were red to me this time so everyone must be using that mod.

also tried running the level editor even though i have no idea how to mod yet and it loaded up fine.

A guy on our discord server tho using gog version says hes stuck on v1.800 and cant join games, and we also tried joining his, no luck.
    did search for “aow3 v1.801” and there was a link to a free download patch apparently for the cracked version, but not for gog version?
    I mean, not advocating anyone to use cracked software, but could someone that paid for a gog key use the cracked version to attain compatibility with online lobbies or is there a patch for gog users out there somewhere?

~Bubba

discord server https://discord.gg/YuyUKRV

xlnt

Thank you Triumph!

SikBok
    Keymaster

For people having issues with the package manager, please post here.

gladis

Thanks for the patch 🙂
    Could you please think about adding another change for the next update?
    A lot of players have experienced of declaring war on independent cities/dwellings.
    This happens because the negotiation menu of the independetns can be opened very easily by accident. Then the button of “Prepare to be destroyed”(?) is right in the middle of the screen. So a double-click can result in a declaration of war.
    Maybe you could add a check “Do you really want to declare war?” or place the problematic option on a Corner of the screen?

I´m looking forward to the new game also and I´m sure players dignify the ongoing support 😉

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  gladis.

mck88

The game won’t launch after this update on Ubuntu 16.04 + Steam, as reported in another thread. I thought I would also drop it here. Is there a chance for a hot-fix?

Lightform

I use steam and windows 7.

A guy on our discord server tho using gog version says hes stuck on v1.800 and cant join games, and we also tried joining his, no luck.
    did search for “aow3 v1.801” and there was a link to a free download patch apparently for the cracked version, but not for gog version?
    I mean, not advocating anyone to use cracked software, but could someone that paid for a gog key use the cracked version to attain compatibility with online lobbies or is there a patch for gog users out there somewhere?

~Bubba

discord server https://discord.gg/YuyUKRV

The guy on discord was me. Yeah that gog patch that should update my game from 1.800 to 1.801 says that my game is the wrong version for patching… I can’t join any games of others who have been auto updated right now, which basically means I can’t play the game because I only play it online. Any help on this would be great. Thanks.

marcuspers1

Since the patch 1.801 was released I can’t play in debug mode anymore.

I get the following error:
    [ERROR]Assertion failed: “false”
    /Volumes/Triumph/SourceSteam/Creator/EK/Source/EDateTime.cpp(484)

I use steam and Macbook, if that has any significance.

Jolly Joker

You should find help here.

marcuspers1

I suppose you mean the open beta?
    I tried that before posting here 🙂

MartyD81

I can confirm that the package manager has stopped working:-(. I am getting some access violation error. Devs please, fix this as soon as you can, I would like to continue modding the game.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  MartyD81.

Hiliadan

I can confirm that the package manager has stopped working:-(. I am getting some access violation error. Devs please, fix this as soon as you can, I would like to continue modding the game.

If you have AoW3 on Steam (and not GoG), use the open beta as described here http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/patch-makes-package-manager-inaccessible-and-modding-impossible/ and it will solve your issue.
    For GoG users (like me), we need to wait a few days before it’s released officially.

MartyD81

@hiliadan
    Thanks for the tip!

You are still patching this game, after all those years?

Best. Company. Ever.

Beren V

Yes, Triumph is the best company ever!

Unfortunately, the patch seems to have broken my game (Mac version, on Steam). Using a guest account causes assertion failures, and using my TS account causes the game to just quit. Oddly, it still works on PlayOnMac (Windows, but uses WINE), but sadly that version doesn’t have all my custom leaders attached to it!

I put a post in the Help & Support forum.

Edit: using OpenBeta does not help. Nor does deleting the .apd and .aps files (that prevents the assertion failures, but causes it to exit out immediately upon launching)

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Beren V.

Gilafron

When selecting ‘Give me a different hero’ on a ‘Hero Join’ event it was possible to kill the declined hero to gain XP and Items. This has been fixed by despawning the hero when requesting a new hero.

Yes! Thanks.

Arnout
    Keymaster

We’ve just uploaded a new build in the open_beta branch on Steam fixing the Linux & Mac problems.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.