Please fix the "AI Bonus"

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Please fix the "AI Bonus"

This topic contains 73 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by  inetryconydot 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author

thabob79

Actually people here do lay awake because of the AI and do care immensely. AI is probably the most underestimated part of the game and the hardest to do right. The reason AI progress in the industry goes so slowly is because it’s hard as nails!

We have some very skilled people working on it and we are actually retuning some of the AI to fit the needs of the players.

Creating a good AI is more or less trying to emulate human reasoning in a code. Not only human reasoning, but the human creativity as well which is a gigantic tack

LordBlade

Was just going to post about concealment…<br>
    May be the cause of a lot of these “random spawns” people are reporting.

I’d thought of that, and starting spreading out units with True Sight. I’ve seen units pop out of a city 3-4 at a time. How does that work?
    It’s not a Warlord with the recruiting spells. As far as I know, even rushing production, you can still only make one at a time.

I’m fairly convinced all this is just a glitch somewhere. Probably a decimal point off so the AI gets to just spawn endless super armies instead of making them normally. :p

I would like to see the option to pick “personalities” for the AI. Builder, conqueror, scientist, mage… each having the AI focus more on a specific style of play, rather than just the mass expansion thing.

Shiro

I’d love to see more AI types. Rather than just expansionist.

LordTheRon

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tibbles wrote:</div>
    Was just going to post about concealment…<br><br>
    May be the cause of a lot of these “random spawns” people are reporting.

I’d thought of that, and starting spreading out units with True Sight. I’ve seen units pop out of a city 3-4 at a time. How does that work?<br>
    It’s not a Warlord with the recruiting spells. As far as I know, even rushing production, you can still only make one at a time.

I’m fairly convinced all this is just a glitch somewhere. Probably a decimal point off so the AI gets to just spawn endless super armies instead of making them normally. :p

I would like to see the option to pick “personalities” for the AI. Builder, conqueror, scientist, mage… each having the AI focus more on a specific style of play, rather than just the mass expansion thing.

Like said before, please post a save then. That would make it so much easier for the devs to identify if there’s a glitch. How about helping them instead of only complaining something is bugged or glitched?

Tibbles

^This
    https://www.filedropper.com/ Should work 🙂

Strider

“LordBlade”, Warlords have a spell that allow them to instantly “create” a T1 Irregular in a City, at the cost of its Population. But it’s not the problem you’ve described, since you’re facing T4s, doom stacks and the like. Considering the info you’ve passed, it could be a glitch. But it could be lots of other factors. Assuming he’s a Sorcerer, if you allowed him to hoard massive amounts of gold and mana before restricting him to one City, he would still able to Summon Eldritch Horrors and Rush other high-tiered units in his City and produce doom stacks quite fast. The best way to verify what has happened is to post your save files here, allowing “Tombles” to check them.
    Also, it’s not that the game only allows “Fast,agressive expansion” as the sole viable strategy. But you have to expand! Sitting idly in your home city isn’t a viable strategy in prety much all games of this genre. If that’s what you did or not, only your “save files” will allow us to say.

Epaminondas

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>iceboy wrote:</div>
    Could you please post all the difficulty bonuses? Ive seen lots of people say anything above Lord receives bonuses and now you say Knight does? No one seems to really know and there isnt an official answer anywhere :(

Sure:

Squire – No bonuses<br>
    Knight – +25% and +10. +100 empire happiness<br>
    Lord – +50% and +20. +200 empire happiness<br>
    King – +75% and +30. +300 empire happiness<br>
    Emperor – +100% and +40. +400 empire happiness

So, if you have a city with 30 gold income, the King AI would get:

(30 * 1.75) + 30 = 82

This bonus is applied to all income the AIs cities have (except happiness and population growth). I believe the AI starts off with a larger starting army as well, but I don’t know how that works.

Anyways, we are going to retune the difficulty levels. I think we were so used to playing our game, we never realised what it would be like for newer players. We are going to make it so “Knight” is the AI that doesn’t cheat, and make Squire a more relaxed AI that should allow people to play without having to worry about the AI building enormous doom stacks on the other side of the map.

Tombles, could we get a ballpark idea of what kind of Research cheats the AI gets?

I know you said Emperor has been toned down from 200 percent to 150 percent. What about other AI difficulties?

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  President.

Kubera

AI sees the whole map? At what level of complexity?

vyolin

ned is to post your save files here, allowing “Tombles” to check them.<br>
    Also, it’s not that the game only allows “Fast,agressive expansion” as the sole viable strategy. But you have to expand! Sitting idly in your home city isn’t a viable strategy in prety much all games of this genre. If that’s what you did or not, only your “save files” will allow us to say.

Exactly. Calculated expansion or conquest of lucrative enemy and neutral cities will always be needed. It does not have to be the aggressive, warmongering type of expansion but expand you must. You can not expect to win a 4X with only exploiting what you have been given at the start.

smeagolheart

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>LordBlade wrote:</div>
    Problem is that it basically forces everyone to play only one style, the mass expansion approach. Anything else will make you lose.

There’s an option to turn off settlers being able to make new towns in game settings.

Otherwise you may as well be complaining about how the only way to win is through violence in CS:GO.

This I’ve played with city founding off and you can select few cities on the random map. it will greatly limit the amount of cities you are facing off against. If your play style is to only have a couple cities and you are only wanting to face off against the same don’t play a large map for sure. Consider small maps.

Consider small maps.

or adventure play style. You can make it practically a RPG, if you set the resources low enough, and wanderers high enough.

Sathra

I’ve never seen the AI create hordes of high tier units in a single turn. They always come from somewhere.

I was laying siege to an AI Throne city, and it’d rushed T3 (it was turn 20 something). Was still only building 1 Gryphon rider per turn.

MatthewNet
    Blocked

he can entice with a size speed combo The sooner you come to grips with your short straw Pennsylvania <b>Vincent Rey Jersey</b> it doesn’t go well
    <b>Tom Brady Jersey</b> Could we be in for another? Print<div class="Marshall: I would have been against Giants' boat trip <b>Marcus Allen Jersey</b> "The jersey
    according to reporting over the past few days byNFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo which spans generations Now that the NFL’s two-day negotiating period has opened I’m itching to do what I do best <b>Lamar Miller Jersey</b> Jason Witten and Terrell Owens
    One of the league’s most efficient deep threats with an accurate Sam Bradford pulling the trigger <b>Willie Young Jersey</b> Without the ability to give him a fifth-year option Sept He spent the last eight seasons with the Bills
    <b>Lavelle Hawkins Jersey</b> Aiken is a solid route runner with good hands and decent enough speed to gain separation <b>Jaquiski Tartt Jersey</b> cornerback We will find out a lot about Darrelle Revis in the coming months <b>Justin Hardy Jersey</b> Manning has already followed in Elway’s footsteps by bringing a championship to Denver and walking off into the sunset
    " Revis told NFL Network’s Aditi Kinkhabwala Green Bay Packers linebacker: Jones enjoyed his finest season after transitioning to outside linebacker <b>Malcom Brown Jersey</b> Shanahan could also latch onto a rookie this April or grab help in next year’s draft
    were not the reason for his release <b>Chris Culliver Jersey</b> " general manager Tom Telesco said in a statement released by the team the question will be whether that "game-changing player" will be a quarterback there are plateaus but we must not stay there
    <b>Authentic minnesota wild jersey</b> <b>cheap nfl jerseys on sale</b> <b>Mens Dak Prescott Jersey</b> <b>Discount dallas cowboys jersey</b> <b>Authentic Nashville Predators Jersey</b>

inetryconydot
    Blocked

Tadacip is indicated for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Under normal circumstances, when a man is sexually stimulated, the penis fills up with blood. When erectile dysfunction occurs, enough blood does not flow to cause an erection. Tadacip relaxes the penile blood vessels when a man is sexually stimulated. This allows blood flow into the penis, resulting in an erection. The erection subsides after sex, just as it is supposed to in normal conditions. Please note that Tadacip is not a hormone or aphrodisiac, it works only when a man is sexually stimulated.

<b>BUY TADACIP ONLINE RIGHT NOW ONLY FOR $1.30 Per pill</b>

>>> ENTER HERE! <<<

<b>INSTRUCTIONS</b>

Always use Tadacip exactly as your doctor has instructed.
    Take Tadacip by mouth with or without food.
    For use as needed: Take Tadacip at least 30-45 minutes before sexual activity, as directed by your doctor.
    For daily use: Take Tadacip regularly at about the same time each day.
    Check with your doctor before you eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while you are taking Tadacip.
    For use as needed: If you miss a dose of Tadacip and you still intend to engage in sexual activity, take it as soon as you remember. Continue to take it as directed by your doctor. For daily use: If you miss a dose of Tadacip, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.

ORDER TADACIP WITHOUT PRESCRIPTION IN REPUTABLE ONLINE PHARMACY

* WE GUARANTEE THAT ONCE YOU HAVE PURCHASED A PRODUCT FROM US YOU WILL GET THAT PRODUCT

<b>TADACIP</b> TAGS:
    LOW COST BRAND & GENERIC TADACIP SALE TADACIP IN USA
    WITHOUT DOCTOR PRESCRIPTION BUY TADACIP TAKE TADACIP IN AUSTRALIA
    Buy Clarithromycin Online, Shipped Overnight No Prescription
    <b>BUY TADACIP ONLINE NO PRESCRIPTION</b> BUY TADACIP IN OAKLAND
    BUY CHEAP BEST PRICES!ONLINE SALE TADACIP TAKE TADACIP IN NORWAY
    NOT EXPENSIVE,ORDER CHEAPEST TADACIP TAKE TADACIP IN OTTAWA
    Buy Cheap Brand Amoxil Without A Prescription
    BUY TADACIP TAKE TADACIP IN IDAHO
    TAKE TADACIP IN ST.LOUIS <b>TADACIP ONLINE CANADIAN PHARMACY</b>
    <i>TADACIP PILLS</i> CHEAP GENERIC TADACIP
    BUY CHEAP TADACIP SALE TADACIP IN LONDON
    Buy Cheap Generic Fludrocortisone Online No Prescription
    <u>COST OF TADACIP</u> TADACIP COUPONS
    BEST PRICE FOR BUY TADACIP TAKE TADACIP IN VIRGINIA

Related Posts:
    PURCHASE TADACIP ONLINE. TADACIP NO PRESCRIPTION AUS OVERNIGHT
    TADACIP OVERNIGHT TO NEW YORK – TADACIP PILL
    TADACIP PRICES! BUY TADACIP IN MISSISSAUGA
    OVER THE COUNTER TADACIP. TADACIP IN SAN JOSE

WE THANK YOU FOR VISITING

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.