[Noted] Steam Product Key?

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Help & Support Installation and Registration Issues [Noted] Steam Product Key?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Gapguga 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Morseliad

Hello, I bought the Age of Wonders iii game on Steam, but I have no product key to use when registering. Where do I get a product key from?

Arnout
    Keymaster

You don’t need a key if you bought the game via Steam.

If you make a Triumph Account and then link your Steam account to it you will be registered automatically. This can be done at the ‘Register key / DLC / Account Settings’ screen.

You can verify that by checking the ‘Registered Products’ field on the same screen, which should have ‘Age of Wonders III’ listed.

With that set up you can log in with your account.

If you’ve been playing on a guest account check this link: http://ageofwonders.com/forums/topic/how-to-register-your-game-for-steam-users/

It will tell you how to move your save games, etc.

Hope that resolves your issue. 🙂

rhony2

If you make a Triumph Account and then link your Steam account to it you will be registered automatically. This can be done at the ‘Register key / DLC / Account Settings’ screen.

You can verify that by checking the ‘Registered Products’ field on the same screen, which should have ‘Age of Wonders III’ listed.

If you’ve been playing on a guest account check this link: http://ageofwonders.com/forums/topic/how-to-register-your-game-for-steam-users/

Hope that resolves your issue. :)

It’s still damn confusing. I don’t know how many hours I spent looking for the Steam Product key – they used to give you the key with the purchase invoice but no longer do. Then I find out that Steam does not have access to your CD keys. The problem with your activation process is that even after linking my steam account with my just opened Triumph account the dialog box still asks for the activation key – it looks like a box I had to fill out to continue. That stopped me from continuing for a while but after I spent hours looking for my CD product key which I could not find on your website either (other game companies that have similar sign-ons have the CD product keys listed with your account info), I decided to try it without the entering the key manually and it still worked. If your sign on dialogue box were not so confusing, I could have saved myself hours of frustration and growing anger.

Obviously you’d have needed to restart the games Launcher after linking your Steam account with your Triumph account.

Mannerheim

I cannot register my game via Steam, it says “steam user already assigned”? Wtf, I have assigned to my own goddamn account 🙂 So I cant play the game online?

I had the game installed before and it worked just fine, recently I installed new windows but still same Steam account (ofcourse). Maybe that has something to do with it?

Zak

I installed new windows but still same Steam account (ofcourse). Maybe that has something to do with it?

I have installed the game on different computers (and the same computer twice, after reinstalling Windows) and I found no problem, so I guess that’s not the problem here.

Arnout
    Keymaster

I cannot register my game via Steam, it says “steam user already assigned”? Wtf, I have assigned to my own goddamn account :) So I cant play the game online?

I had the game installed before and it worked just fine, recently I installed new windows but still same Steam account (ofcourse). Maybe that has something to do with it?

You linked your Steam Account to another Triumph Account: MustaManne

If you login to this account you can play online!

plex34

so i have the same problem only i have no other account. What should i do?
    Edit: so i try linking it and nothing happen ( no pop up saying do you want to link steam account)

Arnout
    Keymaster

@plex34 Can you provide a screenshot of what the registration steps and where it goes wrong?

You can email this to AoW3Support@triumphstudios.com
    Thanks!

Bought the game on steam, no key shows up. Registered on your site. Still no key.

Narvek
    Keymaster

Hi rabidroach999, did you see this?
    If there’s still an issue, please let us know, thank you!

Hope that resolves your issue. :)

DelphiRunner

Please help me with game registration! I bought the Age of Wonders iii game on Steam and read instruction from http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/how-to-register-your-game-for-steam-users/ :

1. Make A Triumph Account – done
    1) Start the Launcher – done
    2) Make sure the User Name and Password of your Triumph Account are correctly entered – done
    3) Click “Register Key / DLC / Account Settings” – done
    4) A window will popup to ask if you want to link your Triumph Account to your Steam Account
    5) Click “YES”

<<< WTF ??? appeared next window :

screenshot

Show me the “Yes” button I should press in accordance with the instructions above.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  DelphiRunner.

DelphiRunner

Problem solved after steam client restarted! )))

Arnout
    Keymaster

Good to hear! 🙂

Yeah sometimes Steam isn’t properly logged in and a restart or logout fixes it

Zott13

I did all of that, but it is still giving me the screen telling me to enter the register key. Myh accounts are linked, I have restarted Steam, and still getting the screen with the box waiting for me to put in a registration.

Zott13

Okay, never mind, I shut down m computer and restarted and fixed that, now I have a different problem for a different board

toutarien

So how do I use this to link a steam account?

Attachments:

Arnout
    Keymaster

@toutarien Your account is already linked to Steam! 🙂 The game and all of the game dlcs are found in the registered products list as well

Gapguga

I cant register, The button to register is grey.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Gapguga.

Gapguga

Never mind, its already linked.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Gapguga.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.