Question for the EXPERTS:

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Question for the EXPERTS:

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Gloweye 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Jolly Joker

Did someone check the effect of Elite Cherubs with Supercharged?

For explanation: Supercharged is the ability the Arcane Catalyst (the MCU of Wizard’s Tower) gives every in that city radius summoned unit. This ability spawns a Lesser Elemental when the Supercharged unit dies, but for the duration of combat only.

So in theory, a Supercharged Cherub that goes Elite gets Resurgence, which means, in theory, the Elite Cherub gets killed, spawns an Elemental that vanishes at the end of battle, and if that battle was won, the Cherub would come back.

Is that in fact working that way? Did someone check for that and tried it?

So in theory, a Supercharged Cherub that goes Elite gets Resurgence, which means, in theory, the Elite Cherub gets killed, spawns an Elemental that vanishes at the end of battle, and if that battle was won, the Cherub would come back.

That would be hhilarious!

www.grababrew.weebly.com/

I love to do this with lost souls! Since it works with undying presumably it would also work with resurgence.

marcuspers1

Yes, just tested it, they do come back! Just make sure you win the battle 🙂

Hiliadan

Seems a bit OP though, at least for Undying.

The AoW3 Wiki, including a video library!
    Improve AoW3 with the balance mod (presentation video)
    The Battlefield.com/AoW3 the community website for AoW3

Jolly Joker

Could you test whether they come back, when the battle is won by the spawned Elementals, which is the important thing here. That is, if you send in supercharged units, lose ALL your units in the stack, the spawns winning the battle and disappear – will Resurgence work THEN? Although this is already a good confirmation.

Jolly Joker

Seems a bit OP though, at least for Undying.

Makes Divine Justicars even better yet as well.

marcuspers1

Yes, it also worked when losing both the cherubs and the spawned elementals won the battle.

Jolly Joker

Right, thanks for that one.
    I don’t think I like it because the synergy with resurgence and undying is so massive. Divine Justicars is really a big thing, and the effect it has when having a theo guest hero is big anough without adding supercharged summons.

It’s certainly interesting, though.

marcuspers1

Yeah, but in all my games I’ve never ever seen this. Making me think its mostly a single player strategy, and its most likely rarely going to be a problem. But with that said, it’s a very strong strategy and if you can make it work, it’s likely to be game/battle changing.

Other summons with resurgence include:
    Pheonix

A Necromancer with lesser/greater reanimate dead could potentially also resurrect the body, but this need to be tested as well. Maybe this evening I can give it a go. Its a bit complicated though, as you need to have a summon (not only Banshee), ghoul it and then reanimate it (if that work).

Gloweye

I think it’s to hard to actually get immense adventage out of it. Just leave it like a fun gimmick.

The elementals are only T2. So even if you have like 6 elite cherubs/souls, which were summoned after you cleared a Wizards Tower Ruin, the advantage is probably quite moot by the time you actually get it into play

marcuspers1

Yes, apart from the Lost Souls I agree. Since they get it on the get go it can be too much. I haven’t been able to test if it works on ghouls yet.

Gloweye

even then…you get it after you clear a wizards tower. What’s a stack of T2’s pretending to be T1’s against the army you’d need for that clear ?

Jolly Joker

I don’t agree with that point.
    You need a lot of units on the bigger map sizes, and one way to get them is to build MCU-boosted mid-level units. Even T1s as filler units. Make them mobile and give them an incalculable strength and they will bind a lot more opposing forces as they are worth.

In my opinion and experience it’s more a problem of finding a Wizard Tower that is in the right position for a town to build.

I haven’t been able to test if it works on ghouls yet.

Talking about Ghouls: maybe off topic but there is a possible/intentional(?) eploit of the chant of unlife coming broth from crypt and corresponding secret spell: if units with resurgence are ghouled by the spell they will return after the battle permanently!! Works at least with exalted Ghouls as I found out repeatedly.
    It is no supercharged exploit though.

By the way has anybody tested if combat summons such as ancestral spirits summoned during city combat can also get supercharged? That would be a cool thing and actually just logical!

Jolly Joker

Indeed!
    Difficult to check, though. 🙂

Gloweye

They dont get supercharged as combat summon. You probably could add it, though.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.