October 12, 2016 at 07:08 #247657
Following two successful PBEM tournaments, the first one a Duel Tournament which reached its final phase and the second one a 2 vs 2 Team Tournament about to start its second round, a new PBEM Duel Tournament will open registration at the end of the week. The tournament is expected to start in 2 to 3 months.
More on the full article on the AoW3 community website, the Battlefield: http://www.the-battlefield.com/aow3/index.php?page=commnews&eingabenewsid=50October 15, 2016 at 13:05 #247720
Registrations opened as planned: http://www.the-battlefield.com/aow3/index.php?page=tourneymain&tourneyid=6
The payment system is not yet operational so players will have to choose how much they want to give to the tournament later. As described in the article, the recommended payment is 3€ (but you can give more; and you can also give less but then you won’t be able to win one of the 4 prizes described in the article).
The proposed rules are listed below. Given the high number of rounds, I think we should probably limit the duration of rounds after round 3 to 1.5 months instead of the base 2 months. Otherwise, it will take too long to finish. What do you think?
Turn timer = 1 day
Medium Map with Surface and Underground on Continents
Normal Game flow speed
Start town: Village
Starting units: Weak
Starting distance: Far
Roaming units: Average
Ressource structures: Average
Visit structure: Average
Treasure structures: Average
Water Slider at 25%
Undiggable walls and Diggable Wall Sliders down to 15%
All other sliders left untouched at standard 50 %
Ironman Mode: on
Seal Victory: off
Unifier Victory: at 2 Beacons
Tactical Combat Mode – Against AI: Always Ask
Game speed: Normal
Starting Resource: Standard
Starting Skills: Normal
All Heroes Have Resurgence: Never
Defenders Strength: Strong
Cosmic Events: Medium
Maximum Number of Heroes: 2 (1 Leader + 2 heroes)
Maximum Heroes Level: 13
Map Exploration: On
City Founding: On
Random heroes match player race: Off
Empire Quests: On
1. One round cannot exceed 2 months. If neither of the players won 2 months after the start of the round, then one should surrender and take a screenshot of the score and provide it to the judges. The team with the highest (combined) score then wins the match. If scores are very close, the judges can decide that it is a draw and ask the players to replay the game with a shorter (for instance 1 month) deadline.
2. Players can arrange whatever settings (e.g. no dwellings) they choose, but in the absence of consensus, the settings described in the “In-Game settings” above are to be considered the default. The team hosting the game is automatically and randomly chosen by the Battlefield website. If for any reason (e.g. no DLC), the designated host team cannot host the game, then the other team does. The host must take screenshots, preferably in windowed mode (showing the date and hour when the screenshots were taken), of the settings and post them publicly (so that his opponent and the judges can access them) before the match starts.
3. If one player temporarily cannot play his turns in 24 hours (e.g. because of holidays, or personal issues), and warn the host reasonably in advance, then the host should temporarily change the turn timer to accommodate him.
4. In the event of a crash (from your PC or from AoW), reloads are allowed BUT the player who crashed needs to take appropriate screenshots, pictures or videos (with a mobile phone for instance) and sends them to the judges. Reloads should be counted by all players and reported to the judges. If no proof of a justified crash or in case of repeated reloading (during one match or during the tournament as a whole), the judges have full power to disqualify the player.
5. A team can never play a class or race that it played in all its previous matches (so you can play Goblin only once in the whole tournament, you can play Sorcerer only once, etc.). BEFORE the match, you must let the Judges (but not your opponents) know what class and race you will play for your upcoming match by private message in the Battlefield website.
6. Banter and taunting is allowed, rudeness, swearing and racial (or other prejudicial) language is not. Repeatedly trolling will lead to forfeiting the match.
7. The decision of the Judges is to be respected. Players breaking the rules get a total of 3 warnings before being disqualified from the tournament entirely. Judges may disqualify a player without warnings if their behaviour is deemed to be completely out of order (e.g. racism).
8. When awaiting judges’ decision (as soon as his opponent requests arbitration), the host must remove the turn timer and may need to revert turns to come back to the situation existing prior to the issue being judged.
9. Players must play with the latest official version of the game (no beta). If the official version is updated during the tournament, players must update to it as soon as it is released both on GoG and Steam (and turn timer must be removed while waiting for the GoG release). Players must also play with the PBEM balance mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=661597466. At the beginning of the tournament, v1.2 of the mod will be used. All the games may be updated to a newer version if all the judges deem it to be stable and necessary for game balance (they may require the non-binding opinion of the players through a poll).
10. If you feel one of the rules had been broken, but you carry on playing without reporting to the judges, then you have no recourse.
11. Players should not voluntarily exploits bug or weaknesses in the game. Players should report any bug or exploit to judges or on the official forum when they discover them. Judges can decide to ban players using exploits from the tournament.
The main judge is Hiliadan.
Assistant judges are: XX and YY.
When arbitration is necessary:
1. If 1 or 2 of the judges are involved in the game which needs arbitration, the 3rd judge should name two temporary judges to replace them for this arbitration.
2. The players should both send necessary files to the judges (screenshots, videos, their latest saved game which can be found here in Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\My Games\AoW3\Profiles\[profile name]\PBEM) by email or any other means
3. The arbitration will be taken at the majority of the 3 judges and the decision taken is definitive. If one player refuses it, he is disqualified.October 25, 2016 at 17:03 #247926
There are currently 10 players registered, you can join on this page: http://www.the-battlefield.com/aow3/index.php?page=tourneymain&tourneyid=6
The settings and rules are accessible in the “Rules” tab in that page.January 12, 2017 at 08:50 #249785
We in theory got our 32 players but I expect at least 4 of them to drop out before the tournament start with a very strong probability so we would need at least 4 more players to join a reserve list who could join the tournament on round 1 when we face inactive players.
Please post here or contact me on the Battlefield.
You can check the tournament page here https://www.the-battlefield.com/aow3/index.php?page=tourneymain&tourneyid=6 and you have more information in my posts above.
The tournament is expected to start on 31 January with v1.2 of the PBEM & Single Player Balance Mod.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=661597466January 25, 2017 at 15:59 #249964
We still need more players in the reserve list! We have several new comers participating in this tournament so don’t be shy and join us! It’s a double-elimination tournament so you’ll play at least 2 rounds and learn many things! 😛February 16, 2017 at 08:59 #250482
3 matches already ended but 1 hasn’t started because 1 player seems to have disappeared after having joined his game. So if we have 1 more player interested, we can replace the missing one.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.