Retrieving Mod Data

Home Forums Modding and Map Making Retrieving Mod Data

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Hide 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hide

Hey there,

because I had to reinstall Windows on my Computer I lost my data and therefore my mods. Is there a way to retrieve the original mod data so that I can edit my mods again?

Gloweye

Just like any other file on your computer. Salvage it before you clean your disc. Or am I getting you wrong somewhere ? There’s not like automatic cloud saves or something…

Hide

Well, it’s already gone. The question is if I can get it back somehow.

Gloweye

Think you’d make more chance if you research how to recover data from a harddisk than asking the game forum. Bound to be stuff out there.

Zaskow

You should ask devs for help. They have tools to unlock steam mod files.

joekraska

For the record, it’s annoying that the Steam files are locked. One of the great virtues of a modding community is to be able to read and learn how to mod from the people that have already done it, and yet… here we are. Big mistake.

HousePet

The drive with my mods on it died!

I’m going to cry and hope I can get a full data recovery on the drive.

I may back up everything in triplicate in future.

Hide

You should ask devs for help. They have tools to unlock steam mod files.

Really? Actually that was why I created this thread but because of Gloweyes answers I abandoned all hope. 😀
    Turns out I couldn’t recover my files because they were already overwritten and I don’t even have an old file of the mods so …

devs please?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.