Reward for easy quest too high

Home Forums Help & Support Reward for easy quest too high

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Arnout 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Lord Zytozid

hi there,

I do not have experience in reporting bugs but I hope this will suffice:
    See:
    https://gyazo.com/6f7564d263283f91fdd5a6e39b220fd6
    https://gyazo.com/82e1b68505c9fc3270b7ae6904b46858
    I am playing a game and an undead Dwelling offered me a quest. The quest is “easy”, this is why Isuspect my reward is much too high. I now could check for the enemies I need to kill an it definitely seems like my reward unit (Archon Titan) is too much for this quest. Besides the Titan, I coudl also decide to get 200 Gold, which is clearly less than the Titan is worth.
    The Dwelling doesn’t even like me that much, so it can’t be related to any extreme affection/happiness.

I play AoW 3 with the following Mod activated: PBEM & Single Player Balance Mod 1.21. It is the main mod, NOT the BETA mod. Else I do not have any mods activated.

Arnout
    Keymaster

Thanks for reporting. Could you send a save game to AoW3Support@triumphstudios.com ? We’ll investigate for a future patch!

Lord Zytozid

Bug report: savefile1

Lord Zytozid

Bug report savefile2

Lord Zytozid

bug report savefile txt

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Lord Zytozid

Savegames also sent via Email.

Arnout
    Keymaster

Thanks for the files, I’ve put it on the 2do list 🙂

Hiliadan

Hey devs! I investigated the issue and was able to reproduce it, I have a single player save with the quest being proposed on turn 16 for an Archon Dwelling.

I have tried to understand what was happening and here is my understanding – which seems to indicate there is somehow a bug somewhere -:
    – the Easy Quests of the Archon Dwelling have both a [Quest Reward Value] of 450. The [Unit Reward Multiplier] of the Easy Quest Reward Set is 0.4. So it means the base value of reward is 450*0.4 = 180.
    – we play with Strong Defenders so there is a 1.5 multiplier for defender and for rewards, so it’s 180*1.5 = 270
    – the Archon Titan costs 300 gold and 40 mana and has a Recruitment Cost of 650. 270 < 300 and 270 < 300+40 and 270 < 650, so I don’t see how you’re supposed to get an Archon Titan as a reward for an Easy Quest?

Then, I believe the [Quest Reward Value]*[Unit Reward Multiplier]*[Defender Strength Multiplier] is compared to the Production Cost (and not Recruitment Cost) of the unit, am I correct?
    Because for the Giant Dwelling, Easy Quests give rewards of 450*0.4*1.5 = 270 and you get only 1 Ogre with them, and the Ogre’s Recruitment Cost is 300 and as 270 < 300, if it was compared to Recruitment Cost, you’d get nothing. But Medium Quests have rewards of 500*0.4*1.5 = 300, and you get 2 Ogres for them, and Ogres’ production cost is 150 so that matches well: 150*2 = 300 which is less or equal to 300, the reward value.

I also noticed other issues, for instance the Big reward for the Dragon Dwelling (i.e. Dragon rewards instead of Wyvern rewards) are not linked to any Quests… not sure it’s voluntary? But anyway, we never get any Hard or Very Hard Quests… It’s late now but I’ll look for the posts by SikBok about Hard and Very Hard Quests later, it was an answer to Gloweye a long time ago.
    (+ some other inconsistencies)

Check out the Wiki for a lot of very good data about AoW3!
    The mod you really need to improve your AoW3 experience: the balance mod and the video presenting it
    And last but not least, check out the Battlefield.com/AoW3 the community website for AoW3

Arnout
    Keymaster

Thanks Hiliadan for the additional info 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.