Shadow Realm – alpha tests

Home Forums Modding and Map Making Shadow Realm – alpha tests

This topic contains 106 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Refineus 1 day, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 107 total)
  • Author

Hiliadan

1 more critical bug (but not sure we can fix it…):
    – if you created a custom Shadow Elf hero with the mods activated and you try to go to the “Custom” tab during Leader selection without the mods activated, it crashes AoW3 (was tested for a live MP game but I guess that applies to any game)

The AoW3 Wiki, including a video library!
    Improve AoW3 with the balance mod (presentation video)
    The Battlefield.com/AoW3 the community website for AoW3

Gloweye

– if you created a custom Shadow Elf hero with the mods activated and you try to go to the “Custom” tab during Leader selection without the mods activated, it crashes AoW3 (was tested for a live MP game but I guess that applies to any game)

Creating a random map without pressing “default settings” first will also crash the game after uninstalling the RMG mod.

I don’t think there’s anything we can do about that.

Hiliadan

Small thing to check (I think there is no bug but would be good to be sure about it):
    – Weavers do not use Invoke Darkness on auto? (maybe because the damage output is too low so it might be normal) – to investigate

Hiliadan

– Weavers do not use Invoke Darkness on auto? (maybe because the damage output is too low so it might be normal) – to investigate

I confirm they do use Invoke Darkness on auto, everything is fine. I updated the full list: http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/shadow-realm-alpha-tests/#post-258272

Refineus

– Draconians seems vulnerable to shadow sickness. At least they have this trait on them.
    – Gemstone mine is named “Chrystal mine” in the editor. Maybe not just in the editor.

Hiliadan

– (living) Archon Dwellings spawn outside the Shadow Realm (surface)

I update that: they also spawn UG.

Marcus also reported elsewhere that he saw a Merfolk Dwelling on land on the Shadow Realm layer, guarded by landlocked units.

Refineus

– A crash occurred on my turn 14 when some bandits captured my throne city. I was not able to reproduce it when I tried my turn again.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Refineus.

Hiliadan

That’s weird! You’re not playing with debug mode, right?
    You’re Shadow Elf on the Shadow Realm? When you reloaded the Scoundrels took the throne again but it worked?

Refineus

That’s weird! You’re not playing with debug mode, right?
    You’re Shadow Elf on the Shadow Realm? When you reloaded the Scoundrels took the throne again but it worked?

I’m a Shadow Elf, Archdruid on the surface level. Yeah, they indeed took the throne once more and it did not occur again. Did not play in debug mode.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Refineus.

Hiliadan

Fixed by Bob today (thanks a lot!!) – all needs to be double-checked to be sure they work:
    – Fixed RG 4 for the Umbral Weaver.
    – Shadow Realm Concealment for the Scoundrel was the right ability, but the ability still had the Cave Concealment name as a placeholder. Fixed that.
    – Added Inflict Marked By Shadows at veteran level as well for the Scoundrel
    – Fixed description of Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness, added Shadow Walker to Draconians and Dragons
    – Updated description for the Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness ability
    – Updated Shadow Elf Irregular evolution
    – Updated Shadow Demon Slayer description

Could not be fixed:
    – SE Military RG2: “they use 5 Movement Points on the tactical combat map on the Shadow Realm” not displayed on the description. Not sure it’s implemented? (could not test)

Hiliadan

I updated the list with the recent fixes (that I checked) from Bob.

Also:
    – there is a zoom issue in the SR. The zoom is weird by default but if you zoom in, it goes below the floor of the map, see screenshot:

– Projectile Resistance from Wrapped in Shadows is displayed in red instead of blue; it affects enemy units (should only affect friendly units)
    – missing the defensive building of the SE (can’t be built)

EDIT 13/01:
    – Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness from Shadow Artifact bugged: directly gives -1/-1/-1 instead of giving it only on the SR layer

Bob fixed the ToW’s crashes.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Hiliadan.

Refineus

– This zoom bug in the shadow realm layer causes a crash to the game. Especially in a high graphics setting. It crashes and then corrupts the PBEM game, in debug mode I could play my turn again from the same game.

Hiliadan

entering a Destruction Mana Node fight UG, vs a Troll, a Lesser Blight Elemental, a Skewer and a Jester.

I tried entering that Node again on another turn and it didn’t crash. Not sure what was the difference.
    This is the log this time:
    [21:20:12]Turnmanager waiting for (request) player: 1
    [21:20:14]AI 0 assigned to HUMAN 1.
    [21:20:19]Turnmanager waiting for (request) player: 1
    [21:20:19][STATE -] SYSTEM: GAME_PLAY
    [21:20:19][STATE +] SYSTEM: COMBAT_OPEN
    [21:20:19][ERROR]Ignoring tactical appearance entity record Appearance: GC_Slab_Prop_03 – Subterranean – Theme! Resource is invalid!
    [21:20:24][ERROR]Ignoring tactical appearance entity record Appearance: GC_Slab_Prop_02 – Subterranean – Theme! Resource is invalid!
    [21:20:24][ERROR]Ignoring tactical appearance entity record Appearance: GC_Slab_Prop_01 – Subterranean – Theme! Resource is invalid!
    [21:20:24][ERROR]Ignoring tactical appearance entity record Appearance: GC_Slab_Prop_00 – Subterranean – Theme! Resource is invalid!
    [21:20:24][ERROR]Ignoring tactical appearance entity record Appearance: Rock_Small_01 – Subterranean – Theme! Resource is invalid!
    [21:20:24][ERROR]Ignoring tactical appearance entity record Appearance: Rock_Small_00 – Subterranean – Theme! Resource is invalid!
    [21:20:24][WORLD_ACTIVATE]BACKGROUND SLOT: Inner North East = Fertile Plains
    [21:20:25][WORLD_ACTIVATE]BACKGROUND SLOT: Inner South West = Fertile Plains
    [21:20:25][WORLD_ACTIVATE]BACKGROUND SLOT: Outer North = Cavern Walls
    [21:20:25][WORLD_ACTIVATE]BACKGROUND SLOT: Outer South = Fertile Plains
    [21:20:25][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Searching for an environment record! Material: ‘Fertile Plains’ Layer: ‘Underground Layer’ Theme: ‘Subterranean – Theme’ Race: ‘None’
    [21:20:25][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Using environment record: Sub_Destruct_Node
    [21:20:25][WORLD_ACTIVATE][TC-Map Appearance] Reverb settings: Underground_Generic
    [21:20:25][WORLD_ACTIVATE]ENVIRONMENT: Using environment set AOW_TC_SUBTERRANEAN_VOLCANIC
    [21:20:25][WORLD_ACTIVATE]ENVIRONMENT: Using sky dome Sub_Skydome
    [21:20:25][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Setting up tactical world with seed: 0x6FE16D28
    [21:20:25][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Searching for an environment record! Material: ‘Fertile Plains’ Layer: ‘Underground Layer’ Theme: ‘Subterranean – Theme’ Race: ‘None’
    [21:20:27][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Using environment record: Sub_Destruct_Node
    [21:20:27][WORLD_ACTIVATE]ENVIRONMENT: Using environment set AOW_TC_SUBTERRANEAN_VOLCANIC
    [21:20:27][WORLD_ACTIVATE]ENVIRONMENT: Using sky dome Sub_Skydome
    [21:20:27][WORLD_ACTIVATE]HUD for (null) shown!
    [21:20:28][STATE -] SYSTEM: COMBAT_OPEN
    [21:20:28][STATE +] SYSTEM: (null)
    [21:20:28]HUD for Hiliadan hidden!
    [21:20:28][ERROR][HUD_CityEnchantments][HUD_CityEnchantments]SETWINDOWVAREIC failed! Can’t find named window!
    [21:20:28][ERROR][HUD_CityEnchantments][HUD_CityEnchantments]SETWINDOWVAREIC failed! Can’t find named window!
    [21:20:28][ERROR][HUD_ResearchScreen][HUD_ResearchScreen]SETWINDOWVAREIC failed! Can’t find named window!
    [21:20:28][ERROR][HUD_ResearchScreen][HUD_ResearchScreen]SETWINDOWVAREIC failed! Can’t find named window!
    [21:20:28][ERROR][HUD_EventScreen][HUD_EventScreen]SETWINDOWVAREIC failed! Can’t find named window!
    [21:20:28][ERROR][HUD_EventScreen][HUD_EventScreen]SETWINDOWVAREIC failed! Can’t find named window!
    [21:20:28]HUD for (null) shown!
    [21:20:29][STATE -] SYSTEM: (null)
    [21:20:29][STATE +] SYSTEM: COMBAT_PLAY
    [21:20:29]Simulation Speed changed to: 4.000

I put in bold the place after which it crashed the first time. It looks like it searched for the “environment record” a second time, that may be the step where it crashed last time.
    I entered with my Rogue SE Leader, a Draconian Dread hero, 2 SE Scoundrels and 1 SE Touched. Last time I probably had 1 SE Executioner together with 3 SE Touched, my Leader and a Dwarf Rogue hero. Maybe that’s the Executioner which caused the crash but it looks more like a site issue than a unit issue.
    Anyway… I’ll remove that from the list since it seems it works again and we have no idea what went wrong, and it seems unrelated to the mod.

EDIT: another issue spotted on the 27/01:
    – SE’s cities do not have the “Like Dense Vegetation”

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Hiliadan.

Hiliadan

– This zoom bug in the shadow realm layer causes a crash to the game. Especially in a high graphics setting. It crashes and then corrupts the PBEM game, in debug mode I could play my turn again from the same game.

Are you sure about that? In our test game, you are on the surface layer, not the SR layer.

Hiliadan

Bob fixed that, I’ll check that it works properly later:
    – Lightning Cannon needs to replace Cannon, cf. stats on the Wiki
    – Shadow Elves have 2 hex vision range on the Shadow Realm (should be 3)
    – Projectile Resistance from Wrapped in Shadows is displayed in red instead of blue; it affects enemy units (should only affect friendly units)
    – SE Economy RG2: all “YOUR” SE hero, to precise in the .xml
    – chosing the Economic RG1 for SE (no longer Dislike UG or Artic) triggers some errors:
    [22:32:07][ERROR]Assertion failed: “pLink->Get()”
    [22:32:31]Message: Link is empty!
    [22:32:31]d:\source.aow.gog\aow\aowc\source\ageofwonders\strategicmap\turnmanager\playersupport\playerpropertymanager\StrategicPlayerPropertyManager.cpp(241): (click to open)

I also need to do that:
    – the Wiki needs to be updated to say Shadow Artifact does not affect allied units

Bug list updated: http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/shadow-realm-alpha-tests/#post-258272

Refineus

Are you sure about that? In our test game, you are on the surface layer, not the SR layer.

Yeah.

It’s not from a starting point. You can still scroll down to the shadow realm layer and zoom in almost from sideways. However, it might have seen a fix if I understand the changelog correctly.

Hiliadan

Not sure what you mean? In our game, you’re in the surface layer. So did you try to crash your AoW3 in another game? Also don’t get what you mean by starting point and sideways.
    And not clear what note in the changelog you are referring to?

Bob fixed this (to test):
    – missing the defensive building of the SE (can’t be built)

Added this:
    – check the discussion about Storm Tower: why should the central unit not be affected by Dispel Magic? And if it should, then update Wikia.

marcuspers1

Found some “floating” treasure on a dense vegetation hex.
    Maybe it’s because of the lack of water hexes in SR that the auto generated treasures are placed on a non-water hex?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hiliadan

– Shadow Artifact gives Shadow Sickness to Undeads (“Shadow Sickness” appears in their unit panel) even if in the end, they do not get affected by its effect (no -1/-1/-1)

Bob fixed this recently (to check):
    – Shadow Artifact causes friendly fire (cause Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness to adjacent allied units) (needs to be updated on the Wiki too)
    – Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness from Shadow Artifact bugged: directly gives -1/-1/-1 instead of giving it only on the SR layer

Refineus

Since the latest update.

Something has happened to Draconians lately. I’m receiving crashes in shadow realm layer especially with Draconians. This bug only happens when I have Archdruids and Warlords present. Dreadnought seems fine.

This is because I received crashes recently when the campaign was playable before.

When I removed warlord and archdruids in shadow realm from which happen to be our enemies in the particular scenario it works. Oddly enough when they are not discovered they can run around freely up to underground without crashes.

00020[ERROR]
    00021[WORLD_ACTIVATE]Entity link broken failed to find an entity with ID 0x40009342, class ID 0x471495

Hiliadan

I tried to generate a new random map WITHOUT the RMG mod, with only the SR mod, in order to have a map with the Shadow Elves but only with UG and surface, and not with the SR layer, but it crashed. @gloweye: any idea why and how to solve that?

Also, it looks like the game crashes if you try to generate a map with the 4 mods (Decodence x 2 + SR RMG + SR) and you do not select a layer for your Leader, keeping it to “Default”. I had about 5 crashes when the layer was not selected, and 1 success when it was selected and set to “Surface”.

Gloweye

I tried to generate a new random map WITHOUT the RMG mod, with only the SR mod, in order to have a map with the Shadow Elves but only with UG and surface, and not with the SR layer, but it crashed. @gloweye: any idea why and how to solve that?

You probably didn’t press “reset to defaults”. It remembers you last settings, including teh SR layer, but can’t find how to actually make that layer or what it means.

Also, there won’t be shadow elves spawning except for your own capitol and sattelite city.

As for the other crashes, I don’t know. I’ve seen a couple crashes myself, but can’t trace them. I’ve made sure to solve all warnings I was getting myself with the RMG mod, but there’s probalby something going on in the main mod, or the combination doesn’t play nice.

Draxynnic

Just added the updated TAF files, and the launcher crashed. Worked on the second try, however.

If they’ll be useful, I’ve put the relevant logs in a /Logs/Draxynnic folder in the Dropbox.

Hiliadan

Just added the updated TAF files, and the launcher crashed. Worked on the second try, however.

If they’ll be useful, I’ve put the relevant logs in a /Logs/Draxynnic folder in the Dropbox.

Yes, I had the same crash but I think that’s because of the update of the mods we had in the previous test phase taking more memory than a “clean install”. When the mod will work through Steam, that issue should not appear, hopefully.
    And we also need to work on 3D model optimization for the SR mod, hopefully vfxrob will be able to help with that at some point (e.g. a tutorial on how to optimize the models used for .clb).

Probably better to copy/paste logs here or add them here as attachments. Though the logs for crashes on mod update are not really useful. It will just say the game went out of memory and crashed.

Hiliadan

@gloweye: two errors I got when generating maps:

1/
    [00:02:59]Setting up Host
    [00:02:59]Generating new GameID
    [00:02:59]KeepAlive sent..
    [00:02:59]Generating random level with seed: 2608824013.
    [00:03:00]RMG Zone Settings: Land (Zones)
    [00:03:00]RMG Terrain Settings: Land (Terrain)
    [00:03:00]RMG Structure Settings: Land (Structure)
    [00:03:00]RMG Zone Settings: Shadow Realm (Zones)
    [00:03:00]RMG Terrain Settings: Shadow Realm (Terrain)
    [00:03:00]RMG Structure Settings: Shadow Realm (Structure)
    [00:03:00][ERROR]Assertion failed: “pType!=NULL”
    [00:03:35]Message: Can’t assign a NULL type!
    [00:03:35]d:\source.aow.gog\creator\gc\source\hexworld\materialworld\GCMaterialHexCellData.cpp(155): (click to open)

[00:03:35]
    [00:03:35][ERROR]Assertion failed: “false”
    [00:04:29]Message: Meandor’s n

2/
    [23:56:03]RMG Structure Settings: Shadow Realm (Structure)
    [23:56:03]RMG Zone Settings: Underground (Zones)
    [23:56:03]RMG Terrain Settings: Underground (Terrain)
    [23:56:03]RMG Structure Settings: Underground (Structure)
    [23:56:03]Heap: RMG Heap – Leaking memory! (Allocations left: 491)
    [23:57:03]Report for heap RMG Heap:
    [23:57:03]max system bytes = 4128768
    [23:57:03]system bytes = 4128768
    [23:57:03]in use bytes = 2883816
    [23:57:03][STATE -] SYSTEM: GAME_LOBBY
    [23:57:04][STATE +] SYSTEM: GAME_OPEN
    [23:57:04]Opening Game Session
    [23:57:04]Game Session – Setup
    [23:57:05]Game Session – Load
    [23:57:05]Game Session – Open
    [23:57:05]===============================================================
    [23:57:05]Setting random seed 0x03be49d3
    [23:57:05]===============================================================
    [23:57:05][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Cannot randomize alignment for independent city
    [23:57:05][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Cannot randomize alignment for independent city

[23:57:05][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Assertion failed: “false”
    [23:57:06]Message: [WORLD_ACTIVATE]Meandor’s nam

Hiliadan

A few more issues:
    – got some new (or did we get them earlier actually? I think we did get something similar, will have to double check) errors at map generation:
    [00:57:49][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE][SCRIPTING ERROR] Error in line number 3. Message was:
    [00:57:49][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE] [string “”]:3: attempt to index field ‘STRUCT_GLOW’ (a nil value)

[00:57:49][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE] Callstack:
    [00:57:49][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE] – NATIVE EventCall “OnVisitStateChanged” in [((null))]

– Shadow Gates can spawn just next to starting city (I got one 2 hexes away from my Throne), that’s too close, it should be as far as Cave Entrances in the official version (also for the record, I believe Shadow Gates should not be UG but I’ll repost on that later on the main thread)
    – that’s maybe a side-effect of Decodence RMG Integration (I’m against the addition of the 2 new climates and all the new sites OUTSIDE the SR, for the record) but is there more Magma Forge? I got 2 near my Throne (surface start). It never happens in normal games.

Gloweye

[00:03:35]d:\source.aow.gog\creator\gc\source\hexworld\materialworld\GCMaterialHexCellData.cpp(155): (click to open)

I’ll check this one out.

Never seen this one before when I didn’t spawn in content from the main mod tho. I’ll try and check the SR mod to see if it could be that one’s fault.

– Shadow Gates can spawn just next to starting city (I got one 2 hexes away from my Throne), that’s too close, it should be as far as Cave Entrances in the official version (also for the record, I believe Shadow Gates should not be UG but I’ll repost on that later on the main thread)

I’ll look into it.

– that’s maybe a side-effect of Decodence RMG Integration (I’m against the addition of the 2 new climates and all the new sites OUTSIDE the SR, for the record) but is there more Magma Forge? I got 2 near my Throne (surface start). It never happens in normal games.

I didn’t touch magma forges in decodence, nor in the SR RMG. It’s just coincidence. In fact, there should be less because it has to share a number of passes with the new sites.

And yes, you mentioned about the themes before, but we decided to keep them.

Gloweye

Oh, I also want to start a new thread to post issues we walk into. It’s different versions.

I’ll also check out the main mod myself if I got some spare time sometime, to check on what could cause crashes and what not. There’s been some sloppy work in there already.

Hiliadan

No need to create a new thread I think, it’s still alpha tests and many issues from the previous game are still unsolved (and many fixes need to be double-checked). I’m updating everything here: http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/shadow-realm-alpha-tests/#post-258272 Last update was on 12th February and some stuff have been solved while others have been discovered (and need to be added), I’ll update the post very soon.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Hiliadan.

Refineus

I have a shadow gate on the surface level. But, it spawned on the water.

This is error is pretty common through error log

[11:33:57][ERROR]Couldn’t parse decodentabilities@decodence and theme in rmg@charlatan
    [11:33:59][ERROR]Couldn’t parse decodentabilities@structures in rmg@gloweye
    [11:34:24][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Cannot find Hero Figure Media Dictionary found for: Mount: MOUNT_WYVERN, Race: Shadow Elf, Class: Necromancer, Gender: 2
    [11:34:24][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Cannot find Hero Figure Media Dictionary found for: Mount: MOUNT_WYVERN, Race: Shadow Elf, Class: Sorcerer, Gender: 1
    [11:34:24][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE][SCRIPTING ERROR] Error in line number 3. Message was:
    [11:34:25][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE] [string “”]:3: attempt to index field ‘STRUCT_GLOW’ (a nil value)
    [11:34:25][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE] Callstack:
    [11:34:25][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE] – NATIVE EventCall “OnVisitStateChanged” in [((null))]
    [11:34:25][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE][SCRIPTING ERROR] Error in line number 3. Message was:
    [11:34:25][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE] [string “”]:3: attempt to index field ‘STRUCT_GLOW’ (a nil value)
    [11:34:25][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE] Callstack:
    [11:34:25][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE] – NATIVE EventCall “OnVisitStateChanged” in [((null))]
    [11:37:04][ERROR]Cannot find Hero Figure Media Dictionary found for: Mount: MOUNT_WYVERN, Race: Shadow Elf, Class: Theocrat, Gender: 1
    [11:37:13][ERROR][HUD_CityEnchantments][HUD_CityEnchantments]SETWINDOWVAREIC failed! Can’t find named window!
    [11:37:13][ERROR][HUD_CityEnchantments][HUD_CityEnchantments]SETWINDOWVAREIC failed! Can’t find named window!
    [11:37:13][ERROR][HUD_EventScreen][HUD_EventScreen]SETWINDOWVAREIC failed! Can’t find named window!
    [11:37:13][ERROR][HUD_EventScreen][HUD_EventScreen]SETWINDOWVAREIC failed! Can’t find named window!
    [11:37:13][ERROR][HUD_ResearchScreen][HUD_ResearchScreen]SETWINDOWVAREIC failed! Can’t find named window!
    [11:37:13][ERROR][HUD_ResearchScreen][HUD_ResearchScreen]SETWINDOWVAREIC failed! Can’t find named window!
    [11:37:17][ERROR]Failed to find a good look position
    [11:37:24][ERROR]Failed to find a good look position
    [11:43:21][ERROR][HUD_CityEnchantments][HUD_CityEnchantments]SETWINDOWVAREIC failed! Can’t find named window!
    [11:43:21][ERROR][HUD_CityEnchantments][HUD_CityEnchantments]SETWINDOWVAREIC failed! Can’t find named window!
    [11:43:21][ERROR][HUD_EventScreen][HUD_EventScreen]SETWINDOWVAREIC failed! Can’t find named window!
    [11:43:21][ERROR][HUD_EventScreen][HUD_EventScreen]SETWINDOWVAREIC failed! Can’t find named window!
    [11:43:21][ERROR][HUD_ResearchScreen][HUD_ResearchScreen]SETWINDOWVAREIC failed! Can’t find named window!
    [11:43:21][ERROR][HUD_ResearchScreen][HUD_ResearchScreen]SETWINDOWVAREIC failed! Can’t find named window!
    [11:43:34][ERROR][HUD_EmptyTopBar][HUD_EmptyTopBar]SETWINDOWVAREIC failed! Can’t find named window!
    [11:43:34][ERROR][HUD_EmptyTopBar][HUD_EmptyTopBar]SETWINDOWVAREIC failed! Can’t find named window!

If someone wants the log. No problem.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Refineus.
Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.