Shadow Realm – alpha tests

Home Forums Modding and Map Making Shadow Realm – alpha tests

This topic contains 159 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Hiliadan 12 hours, 47 minutes ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 160 total)
  • Author

Refineus

I found out a new crash related to the “Larvae Pool”. It crashed our old “test grounds” map I created for Hiliadan before.

[03:38:03][WORLD_ACTIVATE]HUD for (null) shown!

I put a log here with above problem
    \Dropbox (AOW III content)\AoW3-Shadow-Realm-expansion\debug\Refineus

Name of the log “The crash log for Larvae pool bug latest SR update”

Otherwise, I created a new test map without the “Larvae Pool” named “Hiliadan’s Testing Realm” in the “Exported Mod Files” folder.

Bob5

For the Infused, is it supposed to be tier 1 or tier 2? The wiki says tier 2 but the upkeep and medal upgrades suggest tier 1. I’m assuming tier 1, the power also seems to be closer to a tier 1 unit.

Aside from that, if it crashes on Shadow Demon Larva pools I imagine it could be that the models for most of the Shadow Demons aren’t linked properly yet, it might crash if it tries to place units on the map without proper figures or models.

– The medal bonuses of Infused are not correct in terms of melee damage, cf. http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Shadow_Elf_Infused Should be +1 damage at each medal, not +2

– the description and name of the Lightning Prayer Bolts of the Shrine of Storms are swapped

Fixed these two

Hiliadan

For the Infused, is it supposed to be tier 1 or tier 2? The wiki says tier 2 but the upkeep and medal upgrades suggest tier 1. I’m assuming tier 1, the power also seems to be closer to a tier 1 unit.

Mmh, should be T2. I add this to the “to design”.

Found three more issues:
    – the Mithril Mine is still Gold Mine? Or what structure is the white mine we can find on the SR layer with this icon?
    – the icon of the structure described above has not an appropriate alpha layer so a black square surrounds it
    – Shadow Weed is still called Haste Berries with the description of the Haste Berries. I see many patches of it on the SR and they don’t regen MP but instead give Shadow Weed Decoction.

Updated the summary: http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/shadow-realm-alpha-tests/#post-258272

The AoW3 Wiki, including a video library!
    Improve AoW3 with the balance mod (presentation video)
    The Battlefield.com/AoW3 the community website for AoW3

Bob5

– Shadow Weed is still called Haste Berries with the description of the Haste Berries. I see many patches of it on the SR and they don’t regen MP but instead give Shadow Weed Decoction.

Fixed this one. Shadow Weeds are now called Shadow Weeds and they give a new ability called “Shadow Weeds’ Blessing” which gives a +1 to defences and base damage on the Shadow Layer. Shadow Walking units are not affected by Shadow Weeds.

– the Mithril Mine is still Gold Mine? Or what structure is the white mine we can find on the SR layer with this icon?
    – the icon of the structure described above has not an appropriate alpha layer so a black square surrounds it

I honestly have no idea, the only thing I can think of is that actual Gold mines from the base game are spawning in the SR layer, maybe Gloweye could take a look at this.

Hiliadan

I found out the issue with the Mines, thanks to the map made by Refineus: Hiliadan’s Testing Realm.sam map in the Exported Mod Files folder to check out.

– Cristal Mines from Decodence have been added to the SR layer instead of Gemstone Mines

– the icon of the Gemstone Mine, Mithril Mine Flame of Gauth, Sword of the Ashen Rose have not an appropriate alpha layer so a black square surrounds it

Also a new one:
    – Gemstone Mines http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Gemstone_Mine are not properly described, they appear as Gold Mine, with a Gold Mine description

Bob5

– Gemstone Mines http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Gemstone_Mine are not properly described, they appear as Gold Mine, with a Gold Mine description

I’ve spent a couple of hours trying to figure this out as the XML string is linked correctly. I’m still clueless as to what’s actually the problem though. I’ve done some diagnosis tests and the Gemstone Mine in the testing map which the game calls Gold Mine is the actual Gemstone Mine structure from the Structures.rpk. If I change income the income in the game also changes, if I change the adventure sets the defenders also change, so there’s not a duplicate somewhere else that’s actually used. It’s just the name that doesn’t follow. I’ve tried linking different names and descriptions but it continues to think it’s a Gold Mine, regardless of which name and description I link up with it. I even tried completely omitting a screen name and a description, which does not lead to errors in the debug log at all. It’s the weirdest bug I’ve ever seen modding so far, there’s absolutely nothing in the entire Gemstone Mine structure that has anything to do with Gold Mines, yet it still continues to think it’s a Gold Mine. It just flat-out ignores its own Screen Name and description.

gladis

Recent fixes (available on the 27 April update), need to be checked
    – Lightning Cannon needs to replace Cannon, cf. stats on the Wiki
    Has Shadow Walker ability. The abities through Experience Ranks are fine.

– when a game is loaded (even AFTER it has being generated, so on normal loads even on turn 2), the following errors are displayed:
    Not detected.

– Forgotten Thrones are called “Forgotten Wizard Throne”, should be just called “Forgotten Throne”
    This is fixed fixed

– Holow Grove’s reward is not implemented: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Hollow_Grove
    Not sure what you mean. Got a Dire Bear and 219 Gold as reward.

My Umbral Weaver still lead to the Info of „Shadow Sichkness“ at the defending Horned God, but no deteriorating of his stats.

– SE Military RG2: “they use 5 Movement Points on the tactical combat map on the Shadow Realm” not displayed on the description. Cannot be implemented because the tactical map does not check for overlay or climate. Need to design a replacement.
    Seems to be changed already: „Shadow Elf Exterminators now spend 1 MP less per hex in the Shadow Realm on the strategic map.“

– Shadow Elf cities give High Elves instead of Shadow Elves as rewards
    Free Tribute was always a SE unit.
    Reward from quest of my Vassalls could not be teste das I didn´t get a Quest so far.

– SE’s cities do not have the “Like Dense Vegetation”
    This is fixed.

– searching the ToW crashes due to a missing description for Tame Shadow Demon Ability
    Still crashes (searched for „Shadow“)

– the range of the Summon Lightning Sprite should be one hex
    This is fixed, but there should be those blue circles that show whre you can perform the ability.

– the Lightning Sprite lacks most of its abilities: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Lightning_Sprite like Die after 3 turns, Haste, Static Discharge, 6 shock melee damage, Forestry, 100% Shock protection, 40% Blight weakness, Inflict Shocking, Fey, Wetland Walking, HP, def, res are also incorrect
    All fixed, but the abilities of the Experience Ranks do not confirm to the Wiki:

Should get a counter like (de)buff abilities. So you kmow, how long the units lasts.
    Maybe state that Static Discharge is a Touch attack – right now the logo is very misleading.

– Summon Lightning Sprite is Once per Battle instead of being Cooldown 1 http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Shadow_Elf_Storm_Priest
    ? In the Wiki, it is not stated whether it has a cooldown or once per battle. Still have a Cooldown in my test game.

– Ground Magic does not work as intended: it can be used on a unit without ANY buff/debuff (it should not) and it causes 1-2 shock damage to its user (it should give it damage bonus)
    Ground Magic doesn´t work on stunned or shocked Units (probably doesn´t work at all)

– Archon Paladin (Cavalry) has a threatened area of 5 hexes instead of his 3 front hexes. He can perform Attacks of opportunity to every hex except behind him.
    This is fixed.

– Crador Ulora Leader starts with abilities: Emergency Repair, Tunneling, Vision Range UPgrade. I’m concerned this is true for all custom Shadow Elf leaders. I’m not sure where this come from. I assume it’s because the abilities have been added to their Leader version instead of adding them to their hero version.
    Not tested.

– Crador Ulora does 7 physical, 3 shock melee damage instead of full physical
    Totally physical melee damage in my game I started several weeks ago and now updated the mod.

– Kundra Martical does 12/1/2/1/1/1 physical, blight, frost, fire, spirit, shock, has Break Control, Blood Honor and Blight Protection 20%
    Not tested.

– Arcane Archers’ medals are not correct, they give +2 ranged damage at each level, need to correct according to the Wikia
    Give one damage (physical, shock, physical, shock) like in the Wikia.

– the Will Breaker lacks: Chaos, Inflict Break Body and Soul, Strong Will Slayer and does not lose HP each combat turn.
    Has Chaos, but description isn´t the same as in the Wiki. Please check whether the two checks work as intended:

Has Inflict Break Body and Soul, but the description should contain the description of „Broken“.
    Has no Strong Will Slayer.
    Looses 8 HP per combat round.

– the description of the builder hall says it will create a high-elf setller/builder
    This is fixed.

– war hall says it will allow Gryphon Spire
    This is fixed.

– Hollow Grove’s Ritual Circle does not display the bonus given to units properly (cf. https://imgur.com/a/XLDN0) and maybe the MCU actually gives no bonus
    If you just go with the mouse to the Support unit in the city´s Production, there is only written „Shadow Step“ as new ability. If you right-click at the unit to open it´s description, both abilities are listed. And so is after the unit is produced.

Other Bugs:
    the Site “Forgotton Throne” doesn´t have a info about the spell before you enter combat.
    There is only a grey circle instead of Mass Curse etc. I clicked on the Circle and the game crashed
    Description of the Archon Garrison contains a typing error: It unlocks Archon Footsoldier, not Foorsoldier.

/gladis

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  gladis.

Bob5

From what I understood all Machines should have Shadow Walker inherently so I added that in for them, the Lightning Cannon should also be affected by that.

My Umbral Weaver still lead to the Info of „Shadow Sichkness“ at the defending Horned God, but no deteriorating of his stats.

Was this on the Shadow Layer or on another layer (surface or underground)? If it was on the Shadow Layer, note that Shadow Artifact does not stack with “Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness”. The Shadow Sickness from the Shadow Artifact will still show up in the unit panel, but it won’t affect the stats on that layer. I noticed there was also a ‘Shadow Weed Decoction’ there, I’m assuming from a Shadow Weeds effect. If it was in the Shadow Layer, that effect effectively cancels out the ‘Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness’ effect on that layer.

– the range of the Summon Lightning Sprite should be one hex
    This is fixed, but there should be those blue circles that show where you can perform the ability.

I’m not sure if that’s possible to do. Maybe I can make it move and use though, similar to other touch-range abilities where the unit automatically moves to get in range of the ability. I’ll have to test that out though, maybe it’d result in the unit trying to stand on the tile prior to the summoning attempt and subsequently failing the summoning because the caster is in the way.

– the Lightning Sprite lacks most of its abilities: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Lightning_Sprite like Die after 3 turns, Haste, Static Discharge, 6 shock melee damage, Forestry, 100% Shock protection, 40% Blight weakness, Inflict Shocking, Fey, Wetland Walking, HP, def, res are also incorrect
    All fixed, but the abilities of the Experience Ranks do not confirm to the Wiki:

Experience ranks should be fixed for the next build.

Should get a counter like (de)buff abilities. So you kmow, how long the units lasts.
    Maybe state that Static Discharge is a Touch attack – right now the logo is very misleading.

I thought this counter would show up automatically. Anyone know if combat summons from spells like Chaos Rift have turn counters showing up in their unit panels? For Static Discharge, I think the description should state it’s melee range only, the game usually adds that info automatically to descriptions. I’m not sure if we already have an icon for this ability to be honest, I think it now uses the Shock Bolts icon.

– Summon Lightning Sprite is Once per Battle instead of being Cooldown 1 http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Shadow_Elf_Storm_Priest
    ? In the Wiki, it is not stated whether it has a cooldown or once per battle. Still have a Cooldown in my test game.

The wiki says it should have a cooldown for me, so I consider this working as intended.

– Ground Magic does not work as intended: it can be used on a unit without ANY buff/debuff (it should not) and it causes 1-2 shock damage to its user (it should give it damage bonus)
    Ground Magic doesn´t work on stunned or shocked Units (probably doesn´t work at all)

I’ll take a look at this tomorrow to see what’s going on here. If I recall correctly the ability should work if the dispel targeter is valid.

– the Will Breaker lacks: Chaos, Inflict Break Body and Soul, Strong Will Slayer and does not lose HP each combat turn.
    Has Chaos, but description isn´t the same as in the Wiki. Please check whether the two checks work as intended:

Has Inflict Break Body and Soul, but the description should contain the description of „Broken“.

Took a look at this. Apparently Strong Will Slayer still has the wrong name and description, should show up as Shadow Demon Slayer in your version. I’ve fixed this for the upcoming version. If it takes 8 HP damage per combat round, the game apparently rounds the damage differently from what I expected. In your version it takes a hit of 18 physical damage each turn, which is reduced by the Will Breaker’s 60% physical resistance. I thought that the resulting 7.2 damage was rounded to 7 but apparently it’s rounded up to 8. I’ll lower the hit to 17 physical damage per turn (6.8 damage after resistance, which should get rounded to 7). I’ve expanded the description of Inflict Break Body and Soul to include the effects of Broken.
    For Chaos, the effect rolls separately for the Taunting effect and the mind controlling effect, it’s currently not possible to combine the two effects on a single resistance check.

Hiliadan

Many thanks Gladis for the double-check of the recently fixed stuff! And many thanks Bob for the follow up on some of them already. 🙂

From what I understood all Machines should have Shadow Walker inherently

Yes, that’s correct.

I’m not sure if that’s possible to do. Maybe I can make it move and use though, similar to other touch-range abilities where the unit automatically moves to get in range of the ability

Ok, so I add the issue in the “known issue” so that this solution is explored later.

I’m not sure if we already have an icon for this ability to be honest

No, we don’t have any ability’s icon yet.

I thought this counter would show up automatically. Anyone know if combat summons from spells like Chaos Rift have turn counters showing up in their unit panels?

It seems the counter is not showing up for the Sprite. And as far as I know, Chaos Rift units also have no icon, though I didn’t check that specifically.

An additional issue to consider for the Will Breaker: if he is guarding, his defense will be different, so the damage he will take too. Isn’t it possible to directly cause him damage? I guess no, so I assume we won’t have a choice. But it’s not game breaking either, should add a 1 turn variance to when it dies.

EDIT: also, for Chaos, it should Taunt the unit 100% of the time, “Attemps to […]” and “makes it Taunted”. The “attempt” is only for the first part. /EDIT

New issues:
    – Summon Lightning Sprite does not show blue hexes for valid targets (all adjacent hexes). A possible solution would be to make it move and use, similar to other touch-range abilities where the unit automatically moves to get in range of the ability
    – the Lightning Sprite’s medal bonus do not match the Wikia: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Lightning_Sprite A property showing the number of turns it has left before dying should be displayed
    – Ground Magic doesn´t work on stunned or shocked Units
    – If you just hover over Support units in the city´s Production for a city with Hollow Grove, there is only written “Shadow Step“ as new ability and not Shadow Step and Entangling Strike.
    – the Site “Forgotton Throne” doesn´t have a info about the spell before you enter combat.
    There is only a grey circle instead of Mass Curse etc. I clicked on the Circle and the game crashed
    – Description of the Archon Garrison contains a typing error: It unlocks Archon Footsoldier, not Foorsoldier.

And the ones already fixed for next build:
    – Strong Will Slayer is called Shadow Demon Slayer
    – Inflict Break Body and Soul does not describe “Broken”.
    – the Will Breaker loses 8 HP per round instead of 7 HP

I updated the summary of known issues: http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/shadow-realm-alpha-tests/#post-258272

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  Hiliadan.

gladis

From what I understood all Machines should have Shadow Walker inherently so I added that in for them, the Lightning Cannon should also be affected by that.

Then please at a “(Machine)” at the end of the description of Shadow Walker in the unit Panel.

Was this on the Shadow Layer or on another layer (surface or underground)? If it was on the Shadow Layer, note that Shadow Artifact does not stack with “Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness”. The Shadow Sickness from the Shadow Artifact will still show up in the unit panel, but it won’t affect the stats on that layer. I noticed there was also a ‘Shadow Weed Decoction’ there, I’m assuming from a Shadow Weeds effect. If it was in the Shadow Layer, that effect effectively cancels out the ‘Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness’ effect on that layer.

It was on the Shadow Layer. For me it shouldn´t be listed if it doesn´t affect the stats. I have to admit I find this all Shadow Sickness stuff very complicated. I would bet a lot of Players getting confused. Try to describe it as good as possible in each referring description.

I’ll take a look at this tomorrow to see what’s going on here. If I recall correctly the ability should work if the dispel targeter is valid.

Immolated or forstbitten Units can´t be targeted as well. I think the ability is broken atm. One other question: Can Units which got affected by Ground Magic and got the +1-2 Shock Damage be targeted another time? Would make no sense ofc, but you would get some XP for the Ground Magic Units.

Took a look at this. Apparently Strong Will Slayer still has the wrong name and description, should show up as Shadow Demon Slayer in your version. I’ve fixed this for the upcoming version. If it takes 8 HP damage per combat round, the game apparently rounds the damage differently from what I expected. In your version it takes a hit of 18 physical damage each turn, which is reduced by the Will Breaker’s 60% physical resistance. I thought that the resulting 7.2 damage was rounded to 7 but apparently it’s rounded up to 8. I’ll lower the hit to 17 physical damage per turn (6.8 damage after resistance, which should get rounded to 7). I’ve expanded the description of Inflict Break Body and Soul to include the effects of Broken.
    For Chaos, the effect rolls separately for the Taunting effect and the mind controlling effect, it’s currently not possible to combine the two effects on a single resistance check.

Yes, AFAIK, all caculation are brought up to a round figure (Production, Defence, income)

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  gladis.

Bob5

Then please at a “(Machine)” at the end of the description of Shadow Walker in the unit Panel.

This is not a priority for me at the moment. Shadow Walking, Shadow Sickness, and related properties are already quite complicated on the modding side of things right now. It shows up as inherent because the property originates from the Requisite, and it gets the Requisite because it’s a Machine, it’s just how the game does it naturally. I think Devout also does this for Cavalry and Infantry units after researching Order of Templar Knights.

It was on the Shadow Layer. For me it shouldn´t be listed if it doesn´t affect the stats. I have to admit I find this all Shadow Sickness stuff very complicated. I would bet a lot of Players getting confused. Try to describe it as good as possible in each referring description.

Maybe Hiliadan can think a bit about better descriptions. Perhaps we should also add a Game Concepts page on it to the Tome of Wonders, I think that’s possible. There’s feasibly more space there to elaborate things than in a property description. I think Shadow Artifact mentions it not stacking with native Shadow Sickness on the Shadow Layer. The problem is that we can’t let the unit properties appear or disappear depending on the layer the unit is on, the game doesn’t check for that when displaying the list on the unit panel, we’re limited by what the mod tools can give us. To give a comparison, Night Vision always appears in a unit panel too but only changes something when the unit is on the underground layer. It’s the same with these Shadow Sickness modifiers.

Immolated or forstbitten Units can´t be targeted as well. I think the ability is broken atm. One other question: Can Units which got affected by Ground Magic and got the +1-2 Shock Damage be targeted another time? Would make no sense ofc, but you would get some XP for the Ground Magic Units.

I found a problem in that it only affected units whose effects were applied by enemies of the Ground Magic user and not by allies of the Ground Magic user or the Ground Magic user itself. It should be able to dispel every magical effect that Dispel also affects in the next build (if on enemy units). It should still only target units that have status conditions to dispel, and only then can it grant a damage boost. The damage boost itself counts as a Shock Buff and can therefore be dispelled by Dispel or Ground Magic (or stolen with Steal Enchantment). However, only enemy units can remove the damage buff with Ground Magic as the dispelling effect only targets enemy units, not friendly or own units. So you can’t chain up multiple Ground Magic users for xp farming that way.

– Description of the Archon Garrison contains a typing error: It unlocks Archon Footsoldier, not Foorsoldier.

This one is fixed.

– the Lightning Sprite’s medal bonus do not match the Wikia: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Lightning_Sprite%5B/quote%5D

This one is also fixed.

gladis

– Crador Ulora Leader starts with abilities: Emergency Repair, Tunneling, Vision Range UPgrade. I’m concerned this is true for all custom Shadow Elf leaders. I’m not sure where this come from. I assume it’s because the abilities have been added to their Leader version instead of adding them to their hero version.
    No Emergency Repair, no Tunneling, no Vision Range Upgrade listed and 4 Vision in the SR and on Surface.

– Crador Ulora does 7 physical, 3 shock melee damage instead of full physical
    12 physical melee damage.

– Kundra Martical does 12/1/2/1/1/1 physical, blight, frost, fire, spirit, shock, has Break Control, Blood Honor and Blight Protection 20%
    Leader: 14 physical attack and none of the listed abilities.

Further testing info:
    The defence stats of Infused and Exterminator seems tob e wrong. The Night Guard´s is 12 (10 in the Wikia) and the Exterminator´s 13 (11 in the Wikia). To be honest, they are even higher in my game as I reached RG Military Deity and playing DN with Solid Engineering, but there is definitely something wrong. Muskets, Engineers and all Racial units are fine.

/gladis

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  gladis.

gladis

There was a crash the first time I tried to creating the World for Kundra Martical (and I set the map making on Default and restarted 1-2 times before that already).
    This is the info in the game:

and this the debug notes:

btw won´t be able to stick to this testing frequence 😛

/gladis

Bob5

– If you just hover over Support units in the city´s Production for a city with Hollow Grove, there is only written “Shadow Step“ as new ability and not Shadow Step and Entangling Strike.

This is just how the game does things. The mouse-over preview only shows active abilities to prevent cluttering the UI, not passive abilities like Entangling Strike. It isn’t about what abilities are new or not.

Are you running any other mods? I can’t reproduce these errors at all, and we haven’t touched any of those skills whatsoever. Hide Out, Structural Insight, Wind Ward, we haven’t touched those in the Shadow Realm mod at all.

An additional issue to consider for the Will Breaker: if he is guarding, his defense will be different, so the damage he will take too. Isn’t it possible to directly cause him damage? I guess no, so I assume we won’t have a choice. But it’s not game breaking either, should add a 1 turn variance to when it dies.

As far as I know it just deals the damage blow and doesn’t look at the defence or resistance stats of the unit, only to the protections or weaknesses of the damage channel (same with damaging status effects like Severely Poisoned and Immolated). Might be worthwhile to test just to make sure though.

gladis

Are you running any other mods? I can’t reproduce these errors at all, and we haven’t touched any of those skills whatsoever. Hide Out, Structural Insight, Wind Ward, we haven’t touched those in the Shadow Realm mod at all.

I used the Balance Mod Beta 1.17 as well. Don´t know why it is in the package, maybe Hiliadan told me? Don´t remember. But either way, most players will use newer versions of this mod.

Hiliadan

Can Units which got affected by Ground Magic and got the +1-2 Shock Damage be targeted another time? Would make no sense ofc, but you would get some XP for the Ground Magic Units.

Did you mean what Bob understood, i.e. farming XP from using Ground Magic on a unit which used Ground Magic before and had the Shock damage bonus? If yes, see Bob’s answer. 😛

It shows up as inherent because the property originates from the Requisite, and it gets the Requisite because it’s a Machine, it’s just how the game does it naturally.

Yes, it’s not a priority. But the 100% Blight Protection of Machines does appear as “(Machine)” so I assume it would be possible to display other stuff coming from the requisite “Machine” as originating from it?

Maybe Hiliadan can think a bit about better descriptions

Yes, I add this to the “to do”.

I can’t reproduce these errors at all, and we haven’t touched any of those skills whatsoever. Hide Out, Structural Insight, Wind Ward, we haven’t touched those in the Shadow Realm mod at all.

The errors on top are from the balance mod and are not critical. The error that caused the crash is the pType != Null and it’s not from the balance mod. But hard to reproduce, we’ll see if we get more of it later…

I also confirm what Gladis reported:
    – The following defence stats are not in line with the Wikia (probably because their Armored has not been taken into account when setting the defense in the mod tool): the Night Guard´s is 12 (10 in the Wikia http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Shadow_Elf_Night_Guard) and the Exterminator´s 13 (11 in the Wikia http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Shadow_Elf_Exterminator).

And I also added this one to the list (as a Minor issue):
    – for Machines, Shadow Walker’s description should display it originates from the “Machine” requisite (in the unit panel), just like the 100% Blight Protection displays “(Machine)” below its description to show it comes from being a Machine.

Bob5

The thing about displaying its source as Machine is that properties directly resulting from a Requisite always show up as Inherent. I’d have to make a separate hidden Machine property in between the two, and do that for every different group of units that gets Shadow Walking, and then change Shadow Walking to essentially create a different version of Shadow Walking for each of those groups just so that for example Elementals won’t have it showing up as (Machine) as a source (as Elementals are obviously not Machines). We currently only have one Shadow Walking Requisite for which everything checks and one Shadow Walker ability which shows up in the unit panel through it. If we have nine (Undead, Elementals, Dragons, Draconians, Machines, Living Archons, Shadow Demons, Shadow Elves, Angels) different duplicates of Shadow Walking we’re going to miss things all the time, we’d have to add all those things to the Requisite checkers everywhere (Shadow Artifact, Shadow Weeds, Inflict Shadow Sickness, and so on). It’s much more error-prone and to be quite blunt I don’t want to go down that rabbit hole.

The difference with the blight resistance is that blight resistance is just a property, Shadow Walking is a Requisite itself. I could move the property that’s displayed in the unit panel from the Shadow Walking Requisite to the Machine Group, Elemental Group, and so on, but that’d conflict with other mods that also change those entries and it’d be harder to track down bugs with it. Right now the Shadow Walker in the unit panel means the unit has the requisite, de-coupling the two would lead to confusion if units somehow have the unit property but not the Requisite or vice-versa.
    The unit property is what shows up in the unit panel, the Requisite is what the game checks for to see if magic and spells and other stuff affects the unit or not, and right now the Requisite automatically causes the property to show up, allowing us to see at a glance in-game whether or not a unit has Shadow Walker.

Bob5

I’ve tested my fix for Ground Magic for the upcoming build (not in the build from April 27th). It works fine now, it targets any enemy unit with dispellable effects, it removes all dispellable effects from the target enemy unit and gives the user +2 shock damage for 3 combat turns to melee and ranged attacks. It can open up a new damage channel (for instance Shadow Elf Engineers gain a shock channel on their Melee Strike, Blunderbuss, and Frost Bang). This shock damage buff shows up in the unit panel as “Absorbed Magic”, it counts as a shock buff and it can be dispelled or stolen with Steal Enchantment.

I’ve added the Disrupt Magical Form ability to Shadow Elf Musketeers and I’ve also tested it. It works fine. The description might be a bit long but I wanted it to be clear on its resistance checks as the resistance checks differs based on whether the target is Incorporeal or not.

Edit: Figured out a possible cause of the game crashing on the combat property for Forgotten Thrones. The combat property lacks a screen name, description, and icon. For now I’ll add the Storm Magic icon, I’m not sure if we already have a proper icon for this effect. I’ll call it Will Breaker Horde for now. Feel free to suggest a better name.

– The following defence stats are not in line with the Wikia (probably because their Armored has not been taken into account when setting the defense in the mod tool): the Night Guard´s is 12 (10 in the Wikia http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Shadow_Elf_Night_Guard) and the Exterminator´s 13 (11 in the Wikia http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Shadow_Elf_Exterminator).

This one is fixed for the next build.

Edit2: Added screen name, icon, and description to the Will Breaker Horde battle enchantment, but it still crashes when clicking on it. Last thing the debug log states before the crash is:

[23:20:40]Scene not ready: UnitFormationIconViewerScene_1022

I don’t really know what this means unfortunately.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Bob5.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Bob5.

Hiliadan

Ok, I understand now for the “Shadow Walker” thing. I removed the thing from the issues to fix and added a paragraph in the Wikia. @bob5: could you please check I understood correctly what you said: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Hiliadan/Shadow_Realm_Community_Expansion#Technical_considerations_about_Shadow_Walker

This shock damage buff shows up in the unit panel as “Absorbed Magic”

Ok thanks! Is it possible to just add +2 shock damage and display in the unit panel “(Ground Magic)” as the source? That would avoid then need to create an additional icon and list another ability (Absorbed Magic) in the ToW.

’ll call it Will Breaker Horde for now

The name that was proposed initially was simply “Summon Will Breaker”, cf. the battle enchantment name here: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Forgotten_Throne

A new one for Gloweye:
    RMG – Shadow Gates can spawn on water (water hex and surrounded by water hexes; they should spawn like normal Cave Entrance on land)

EDIT:
    For the ToW crash when searching “test”? [23:16:05]The name of this entry is “Welcome”
    [23:16:05]Hyperlink tag: [hyperlink,Tip-00000159000002A8]
    [23:16:05][HUD_TomeOfWonders]Unknown iggy command: OPENSTEAMKEYBOARDEIC (window:HUD_TomeOfWonders)
    Did we create a new page in gameconcept.rpk? That might be causing the crash.

For “Scene not ready: UnitFormationIconViewerScene_1022” and the battlefield enchantment of the Will Breaker, did we define the formation link in the unit figure table? Zaskow thought about that when reading the error.

EDIT2:
    Unit entities have several preview options: https://clip2net.com/s/3U5j4zq https://clip2net.com/s/3U5j6GX Preview formation link and preview position settings. Zaskow suggests we check these settings first.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  Hiliadan.

Bob5

Ok, I understand now for the “Shadow Walker” thing. I removed the thing from the issues to fix and added a paragraph in the Wikia. @bob5: could you please check I understood correctly what you said: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Hiliadan/Shadow_Realm_Community_Expansion#Technical_considerations_about_Shadow_Walker

Looks good to me.

Ok thanks! Is it possible to just add +2 shock damage and display in the unit panel “(Ground Magic)” as the source? That would avoid then need to create an additional icon and list another ability (Absorbed Magic) in the ToW.

The thing is that the units that get these boosts usually already have the Ground Magic ability (exceptions are Steal Enchantment users which steal the boost). Essentially Ground Magic would show up twice in the unit panel, once for the ability and once for the boost, which would be a tad confusing. Absorbed Magic doesn’t show up in the Tome of Wonders, it’s like the unit property “Beast Mastery” that animals get from the Archdruid empire upgrade, it only shows up in the unit panel, and it just uses the Ground Magic icon, I don’t think we need a separate icon for it. Absorbed Magic shows up in the unit panel with the blue ‘positive buff’ font and the time-limit of the boost next to it (the boost lasts three turns), and the description simply states “This unit has absorbed magical effects with the Ground Magic ability and gains +2 shock damage” which I think is pretty clear.

The name that was proposed initially was simply “Summon Will Breaker”, cf. the battle enchantment name here: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Forgotten_Throne%5B/quote%5D

I noticed that on the wiki, but thought that that name might imply it to only summon one Will Breaker instead of summoning them repeatedly. Other spells also use horde terminology, like Summon Beast Horde or Summon Arachnid Horde.

[quote quote=271842]For “Scene not ready: UnitFormationIconViewerScene_1022” and the battlefield enchantment of the Will Breaker, did we define the formation link in the unit figure table? Zaskow thought about that when reading the error.

EDIT2:
    Unit entities have several preview options: https://clip2net.com/s/3U5j4zq https://clip2net.com/s/3U5j6GX Preview formation link and preview position settings. Zaskow suggests we check these settings first.

Huh? We’re talking about a battlefield enchantment, not about units.

Edit: I think it’s got to do more with it trying to open up the page in the Tome of Wonders on the Summon Will Breaker/Will Breaker Horde spell, but the Tome of Wonders crashes for other reasons.

Refineus

– It seems like the icons for all the unique warlord units have a black background while the rest of the shadow elf rooster of icons so far have a transparent background.

Hiliadan

– It seems like the icons for all the unique warlord units have a black background while the rest of the shadow elf rooster of icons so far have a transparent background.

Yep, will be corrected in next build I hope. 🙂 We’ll also have new icons for AD.

I checked all the racial units, here are the issues:
    – Infused and Night Guard: we’ve got an issue with their model, it has an armor but the unit doesn’t have Armored. Not sure what we should do. Easiest would be to remove the armor maybe? Depending on how the model is done, should be do-able in the mod tool?
    – Infused lack Inflict Marked by Shadows http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Shadow_Elf_Infused
    – Night Guards cost 60 gold instead of 50 gold http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Shadow_Elf_Night_Guard
    – Shadow Priests lack Bestow Static Shield http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Shadow_Elf_Night_Guard
    – Exterminators have Armor Piercing (should not)

Updated the list of known issues: http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/shadow-realm-alpha-tests/#post-258272

Bob5

Yep, will be corrected in next build I hope. 🙂 We’ll also have new icons for AD.

I checked all the racial units, here are the issues:
    – Infused and Night Guard: we’ve got an issue with their model, it has an armor but the unit doesn’t have Armored. Not sure what we should do. Easiest would be to remove the armor maybe? Depending on how the model is done, should be do-able in the mod tool?
    – Infused lack Inflict Marked by Shadows http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Shadow_Elf_Infused
    – Night Guards cost 60 gold instead of 50 gold http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Shadow_Elf_Night_Guard
    – Shadow Priests lack Bestow Static Shield http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Shadow_Elf_Night_Guard
    – Exterminators have Armor Piercing (should not)

Updated the list of known issues: http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/shadow-realm-alpha-tests/#post-258272

I recall I already fixed some of these. Same with some racial class units that had missing/incorrect abilities. Check the change log, the details should be in there.

Hiliadan

I checked the changelog and you indeed wrote you fixed “- Exterminators have Armor Piercing (should not)” so I added it to the list of “recent fixed not yet available in the latest .taf”. I also took into account you had fixed the defense of 2 units when I did my checks but it seems the 3 other issues in your quote (excluding the model issue) have not yet been fixed.

Bob5

I checked the changelog and you indeed wrote you fixed “- Exterminators have Armor Piercing (should not)” so I added it to the list of “recent fixed not yet available in the latest .taf”. I also took into account you had fixed the defense of 2 units when I did my checks but it seems the 3 other issues in your quote (excluding the model issue) have not yet been fixed.

*looks at change log*

The Infused were also already fixed, it’s a bit further back in the change log, time-stamped April 28th.

Hiliadan

For “Scene not ready: UnitFormationIconViewerScene_1022” and the battlefield enchantment of the Will Breaker, did we define the formation link in the unit figure table? Zaskow thought about that when reading the error.

EDIT2:

Huh? We’re talking about a battlefield enchantment, not about units.

Edit: I think it’s got to do more with it trying to open up the page in the Tome of Wonders on the Summon Will Breaker/Will Breaker Horde spell, but the Tome of Wonders crashes for other reasons.

I opened the ToW on the Will Breaker’s page by clicking directly on the unit without crash so it seems it’s something else.
    Yes, we’re talking about the battlefield enchantment but the error looks like a unit’s one and the spell summons units, so it might be linked?

A few things remaining to be fixed (from the list http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/shadow-realm-alpha-tests/#post-258272):
    – Syron Tomb, Syron Ruins with no defender set and no income
    – Chaos: Taunted should be 100% success, only Convert would have a check
    – (living) Archon Dwellings do not have their minor race name displayed, e.g. in the diplomacy screen, it’s displayed “(null) (Neutral)” instead of “Archon (Neutral)”
    – Lacking this part of the description of Glass Furnace:
    Fully restores the Health Text of visiting Machine Machine.
    * Replenishes in 4 Turns
    Unlocks: Glass Armory.

We would also need to add the descriptions of the SE units to the xml. The descriptions are here: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Hiliadan/Shadow_Elf_Racial_Units

• This reply was modified 4 days, 15 hours ago by  Hiliadan.

Bob5

I opened the ToW on the Will Breaker’s page by clicking directly on the unit without crash so it seems it’s something else.

I’ve tested what it should open in an unmodded game with vanilla treasure sites and it should open the ToW page of the associated spell that causes the battlefield enchantment, so essentially the Summon Will Breaker Horde Spell. Looking through the mod files again, it seems that this spell doesn’t exist yet in the mod, only the Battlefield Enchantment does. I’ll add an associated skill and spell and see if that fixes this.

Edit: Doesn’t seem to fix the issue.

– Syron Tomb, Syron Ruins with no defender set and no income

Syron Tomb seems to already have the same adventure set as regular Tombs, which means it has the same defenders, battlefield enchantment, and rewards.
    Syron Ruins used a different adventure set specific to that structure, without Battlefield enchantment and with Shadow Elves as defenders. I’ve changed it to the same adventure sets as regular Ancient ruins (so has Mass Curse battlefield enchantment, and same defenders and rewards as regular Ancient ruins).
    Added income values for Syron Tomb and Ruins, they have the same income as regular Tomb and Ancient Ruins (5 prod, 5 gold, 5 mana, 5 knowledge for Tomb, 10 knowledge for Ruins).

– Chaos: Taunted should be 100% success, only Convert would have a check

I already fixed this a while ago, should be working in the next build.

– Lacking this part of the description of Glass Furnace:
    Fully restores the Health Text of visiting Machine Machine.

Description seems to be there for me even on the published build.

• This reply was modified 4 days, 1 hour ago by  Bob5.

Hiliadan

Thanks Bob! I updated the list.

New ones:
    – The race entry for the Shadow Elves in the ToW is incorrectly named “Shadow Elf”, should be: “Race: Shadow Elf”. It is also empty. The description here: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Hiliadan/Shadow_Realm_Community_Expansion#Inherent_traits should be used (Lab cheaper + the content of http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Shadow_Elf)
    – The RG entry for the SE in the ToW is incorrectly named “Shadow Elf”, should be: “Race Governance: Shadow Elf”. Also, when clicked on, it triggers an error:
    [21:22:22][HUD_TomeOfWonders]The name of this entry is “Shadow Elf”
    [21:22:22][HUD_TomeOfWonders]Hyperlink tag: [hyperlink,GameConcept-3E363B0E00000001]
    [21:22:22][ERROR][HUD_TomeOfWonders]Assertion failed: “false”
    [21:22:22]Message: [HUD_TomeOfWonders]table ID “RACE_GOVERNANCE_BONUSES” could not be found!
    [21:22:22]d:\source.aow.gog\aow\aowc\source\player\interfacehelpers\TomeOfWondersInterfaceHelper.cpp(741): (click to open)
    [21:22:22]
    – Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness is listed as a (Avatar) skill in the ToW (like Fireball, Basic Seafaring, etc.)
    – When clicking on “Unit abilities” in the ToW, it crashes (so the ToW crashes probably comes from here) with no error message

Bob5

– Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness is listed as a (Avatar) skill in the ToW (like Fireball, Basic Seafaring, etc.)

This one should still get a proper name and description, it’s the empire upgrade that gives everything (except Shadow Walkers) Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness. Unfortunately we can’t hide Empire Upgrades from the researched skills or Tome of Wonders. Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness is merely a placeholder name to keep it valid for now.

Hiliadan

This one should still get a proper name and description, it’s the empire upgrade that gives everything (except Shadow Walkers) Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness. Unfortunately we can’t hide Empire Upgrades from the researched skills or Tome of Wonders. Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness is merely a placeholder name to keep it valid for now.

Ok, I note that in the “to do” section then.

I finished checking the Warlord units (had done the racial units earlier):
    – (all race, not just SE) Monster Hunters lack Shadow Demon Slayer: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Hiliadan/Shadow_Realm_Community_Expansion#Units SE Monster Hunter should have 2 copies of it (stacks)
    – Manticore Rider http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Manticore_Rider has Wrapped in Shadows and Inflict Shadow Sickness, should not (was under discussion but in the end we went for Life Steal and Inflict Marked by Shadows, at least for now)

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 160 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.