[Solved] Steam User Already Assigned

Home Forums Help & Support Installation and Registration Issues [Solved] Steam User Already Assigned

This topic contains 34 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Arnout 1 week ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Erathil

I’ve been playing AoW III exclusively offline since I bought it because of this error.

I bought the game off Steam. Whenever I try to log on, it tells me I can register or play off-line. Whenever I try to register, it tells me “could not connect to steam account: user already assigned”. If I try to use the button that links steam and Triumph registry it tells me “steam account already assigned”.

The only other Triumph games I’ve ever purchased were the previous Age of Wonders, when there was a steam bundle a couple years back, and I’m certain they didn’t ask for any account information. I can still log on and play off-line.

I have no idea what to do to resolve this. When I search the forums for these key-words, the only solution I ever find is ‘suddenly things worked. probably because of magic’.

Arnout
    Keymaster

Hi Erathil, your steam account is linked to the following Triumph Account: Erathvael

Do you remember this account? It was registered at the release of the game 31-3-2014.

Hope this answers your questions!

Erathil

Okay, I feel dumb now. Turns out I’ve been playing with the wrong account this whole time. Logged on with Erathvael and everything is properly connected.

Thanks!

Agnelio01

Hello there,

I am having the same problem as erathil did. I do not recall using another account other than this one. Is there any way I can find out in which account i linked the game too?

Thanks.

Arnout
    Keymaster

Yes same problem. 🙂

Your old account was created 2014-04-19 with username: Agnelio
    And registered under Agnelio_XXXXXX@hotmail.com (for privacy reasons not fully copy/pasted)

If you don’t know the password anymore, use the Age of Wonders III Launcher to recover it (the website won’t work)

If you don’t have access to the email account anymore I can either change it or delete the account (you need to send an email to AoW3Support@triumphstudios.com for this)

Hope this helps!

zhaeron

i am having trouble getting online to work. i remember my username it is vagrant, but i can’t remember which email it uses.

zhaeron

figured it out nm 🙂

Arnout
    Keymaster

OK HF 🙂

I am having the same problem. But i think the email i have connected to my other triumph account was the email i disconnected. (That email would be “striker09james@xxxxxxxx.xxx)

Arnout
    Keymaster

@goldbullet7599 see the reply in the email 🙂

Surtur13

Same problem…dont remember if i linked AoW3 with steam before, so i created new AoW3 account and get the problem with linking =\

Sry for necroposting.

Surtur13

UPD: it seems that linked Triumph login is ‘Lizo’. Ofc i forgot my pwd, so i clicked ‘reset password’. So there is another problem: i dont remember e-mail for Triumph login ‘Lizo’…

Surtur13

UPD: started AoW3 offline (or as a guest). And noticed, that my autosaved game filenames contain Triumph login. After resetting pwd i got email to one of my oldest emails. So the problem is solved thx for autosaves =)

Grimwish

Hi i recently got the game as a gift from my brothers steam acc, and i think there might have been a mix up with the accounts so now when i go and login it says steam account already assigned… Is there any way to fix this for me?

So i am pretty sure i only ever made 1 triumpph account but it says t is already assigned. Can you help

xnightangel

Hi this the only email adress i have ever used to play Age of wonders 3 and i was playing fine before but seemingly since i bought a new computer my game refuses to link to my steam account it keeps telling me the user is already assigned but i dont understand why because i was registered before and i still have the game and both dlcs purchased through steam.

Arnout
    Keymaster

Sorry Count Succula, didn’t subscribe to this topic and missed your reply. Hopefully you contacted us a AoW3Support@triumphstudios.com.

@xnightangel previously your Steam account was linked to the following Triumph Account: Ascentt (created under a gmail account )

Does this ring a bell?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by  Arnout.

Gearwrath

Hi can you help me with the same issue as the first poster had?

Arnout
    Keymaster

The Steam link is removed, you should now be able to link it again to a new Triumph account

Andre12

Hey ho, ive got the same issue as the first Poster.

Arnout
    Keymaster

Hi Andre12, sorry missed this old topic. Your old account (with a link to your Steam account) is Andre_500 . Do you still have access to this account?

Same problem here cant connect AOW3 to my steam account. is already bound or something like that.

Arnout
    Keymaster

Hi you previously created the following Triumph account username and linked to Steam to it: Klabuschderbär

Do you still have access to this account? If not I can removed the Steamlink from it so you can link it to your new triumph account

I am having the same problem. Could you reset whichever thing you need to so I can link in?

Arnout
    Keymaster

Hi! I’ve removed the Steam Link from your old account GruyereEmmentaler. You should now be able to link it to your new Triumph account.

same problem. Please delete any previous account I may have had. My current name is Five Steel Fox Tail.
    cheers

Arnout
    Keymaster

Hi Five Steel Fox Tail, I’ve removed the Steam link from your old account so you now should be able to link it to your new account.

ima666

i got the prob can link my account to steam pls help me !!

Arnout
    Keymaster

You previously created the following Triumph Account: Altalas Devir

Does this ring a bell? It was created under a gmail email. Let me know if you still have access to this account. If not I could remove the steam account from this old triumph account!

Ding !!!! Thank alot all work !!! oh is Ima666 hehe

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.