the army of the forum

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions the army of the forum

This topic contains 108 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  overlorddarkslash 2 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 91 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • Author

Isabella?

nah she dies when I meet her Lord Gloweye, I think the rogue is one of the many characters I have in my leader list, my leader list is pretty big because I allow every friend to have a “ambassador” in there, giving them a small presence in any game I play.

To bad for the kobolds though. Can’t you combine them with some Martyrs to help them survive? These little buggers needs all the help they can get.

giving them martyr support is a good start, I also am trying to find the “summon kobold” spell to give me a stead flow of those green bastards, when you can summon them in masses there should be one able to survive long enough to become champion (now if I can find a wizard tower and put a city next to it I can increase their stats and make them super charged, granting me an army of suicide kobolds! all dying in promise of a good afterlife full of garbage, dirt, mushrooms or whatever those things like.)

Narvek
    Keymaster

I.. didn’t know it would be that difficult, but I am sure you won’t shy away from the challenge 🙂

Thing is, on Gold they get Taunt and that just seems so fun to me (used gold kobolds in private games a few times with their taunt – fun!).

Good luck!

I.. didn’t know it would be that difficult, but I am sure you won’t shy away from the challenge

Well I always play with allot of independent roamers, and I also have to tend to the safety of the other conscripts, while I hold a sufficient army to keep away the 7 other AI players.

combine that with the fact that I always play the game on “ironman” (no reloading or restarting), what well… end up in allot of death kobolds. but I am convinced that I will find the summon kobold spell to make it a bit more easy. if not then I have to crawl every deep cavern and maybe build a chicken chamber and a lair, open the dungeon portal and wait until the voice announce that a kobold has entered my dungeon.

Thing is, on Gold they get Taunt and that just seems so fun to me (used gold kobolds in private games a few times with their taunt – fun!).

Taunt is awesome, it is one of the reasons I build the Swashbucklers in AOW 2, and believe me the Gold kobold will be a thing.

Good luck!

I will send this to the family of the fallen kobolds to help them trough their hard time.

Lords and rulers,

As promised an more detailed rundown on the units that joined so far.

the conscripts around an frontier town

First picture are a few of the units that are conscripted gathered around one of the frontier towns to allow them to get some more combat experience, note the palace where the feather serpent has been build from.

Yeti

His face is hidden by his morals but this is the yeti that has been recruited in the name of Lord Seamus the Bold, I got him after the leader with his knights saved his sorry ass from a group of dungeon guards, after that he teamed up with the sole crusader survivor and fought together with the leaders knight army to drive of the pirates that killed some kobolds. after some days at the capitol he traveled to this frontier town.

The sole crusaders

The crusaders for Lord SaintTodd are combat proven warriors that proven themselves in the battles for the minor quests. the only survivors of an army of 6 they fought wave after wave of undead revenants to help the local vassals to get rid from their undead problems, soon thereafter they joined forces with the yeti of Lord Seamus the Bold and the legendary knights of justice to fight off an local band of pirates, now they are situated with the other conscripts on the frontier town waiting for the full army to be formed.

Feathered serpent

After an successful assault on the lost palace a city was constructed to make use of the remains, this city later known as the frontier city had the sole purpose of summoning this legendary being intro this world for the sake of the Army of the forum, guarded by an handful of goblin and a human priest this city isn’t well guarded and is relying on protection of the Army of the Forum to keep his head above the water.

the Feathered serpent of Lord Ifoso is the prove that this city has been successful in his purpose and this magical being is ready to support the city and the army in any way it is able.

Firstborn mercenaries

The Firstborn recruited for Lord Azktor Warsgen where a band of misfit mercenaries before they got confined to follow the right path by an emissary of the Army of the forum, while they took a rest between missions in a local inn an strange human appeared, battered and full of scars he asked the leader of those firstborn if they where interested to fight for the greater good, this off course was accepted by those stout dwarf after an certain amount of gold had exchanged hands. the first mission they got in service of the magnificent emperor was to guard a city called the frontier and wait until the other allies arrives.

The knights of the order of Cameron

knights are not in a short supply in the empire of the collector, his personal honor guard exclusively exist of those brave man, and most assault and search parties got an knight to make sure the emissaries are safe, still the knights that joined in name of Lord Cameron are a bit different, they have been send by one of the local vassals of the emperor after the crusaders defeated yet another wave of undead scum, those knights of the order of Cameron joined and directly was forced to protect themselves against an assault of the death, 3 lost souls and an reanimator attacked them and they only barely made it out alive. they rested in the capitol to regain health and then joined the other conscripts in the frontier town.

The gunslinger magician

the gunslinger magician recruited in the name of Lord nerdfish got equipment specially made for him in the royal forge of the capitol, this gear allows him to fire accurately on any distance. this he will use to fight for the Army and for the frontier town he is almost stationed

The elite support

The naga Matriarch recruited for Lord SiaFu is an champion of the naga, she is a veteran of many battles and helped clearing the dragons den that is working on 2 golden dragons to strengthen the Army of the Forum, she also cleared the lands around her dwelling and so recruited a few persons to join her in her quest, she will prove to be a strong ally and prove the army with an never ending supply of meatshields to sacrifice.

The dragon dwelling

this is the dragon dwelling that has been conquered by the fire rogue with an army of naga, the initial fight was against 1 frost and 1 fire dragon supported by a few wyverns, both dragons died but not before killing al naga and make the fire rogue run away in fear. later the legendary naga matriarch of Lord saifu joined force with him to take this dwelling and allow additional conscripts for the Army of the Forum.

Now it is time for a small side story that happened in the 2 turns it took to take the pictures.

A story driven by revenge, like I told last time a group of emissaries got slaughtered by a group of bone dragons, well another group of emissaries down there almost got the same fate by the hand of the same group of dragons, if not the legendary knights of justice where there to safe the day.

Do not fear, the knights of justice are here.

this fight ended in zero casualties for the knights and emissaries and justice has been served for the fallen ones. nobody harass the empire without paying the ultimate price.

next sunday I will do another few turns and give you the next report Monday.

stay strong for the army of the forum, they need all the support they can get when facing the countless enemies of the Empire, show your faith and strengthen the forums bond to strengthened the power of the army!

LordCameron

My knights survived four to one odds? They do the name Cameron proud. Onward to greater glory!

Also the Order of Cameron sends its condolences to the kobolds families; those that have died and those that are to soon to be recruited. May one of them reach champion.

My knights survived four to one odds? They do the name Cameron proud. Onward to greater glory!

They did because I got a full turn of casting points to back them up. and they killed every unit in 1 charge.

Also the Order of Cameron sends its condolences to the kobolds families; those that have died and those that are to soon to be recruited. May one of them reach champion

They will be born, the gold champion kobolds!

SaintTodd

Good stuff.
    On a related note, would anyone else like the ability to name your units? It may not seem real important,but there are times when I have the same type of unit in one stack, made from different cities with different mystical upgrades. It would be nice to see which units have Killing Momentum, for instance, by giving them a name.

On a related note, would anyone else like the ability to name your units? It may not seem real important,but there are times when I have the same type of unit in one stack, made from different cities with different mystical upgrades. It would be nice to see which units have Killing Momentum, for instance, by giving them a name.

Well Lord SaintTodd, I’m still in the unit/army naming and hero description lobby. but I think triumph need to chance to much to the original engine for only a “cosmetic” change, so I don’t think this is going to happen in the nearby future (but who knows what kind of brilliant modder is going to grant us this in the form of a mod.(

Another Monday another status report on the Army of the forum.

We got a few newlings today, so Lets get started introducing them to the crew.

Troll got Trolled

First we have the Troll for Lord Rabenschwarz, he has been recruited in the underground from a ruin and needed to run past a few bone dragons to get in the frontier town. he arrived safely and is now waiting for the other members of his division to arrive.

Here she is Lord gloweye

Next up is the frostling Deathbringer, whom actually came to me instead of I going to here, in this picture you see the army who first engaged her to Kill as many sub units as possible.

after they died valiantly I rushed an control undead item in the capitol and send it via an hero in the capitol to Lord Nerdfish gunner sorcerer. this was needed because the next turn the deathbringer actually attacked the frontier town protected by the army of the forum.

She got convinced to join our cause

Of course they got slaughtered by the army and the gunsman sorcerer got lucky and took control over her (with 44% chance). so Lord Gloweye your frostling Deathbringer is represented in the army now.

Found an nice item

Oh the sorcerer gunman of Lord Nerdfish got an nice shield to increase his ranged strength.

Bonus

And as bonus an picture of an part of the Army of the forum in action.

the naga matriarch almost has an full army now, screenshot will come soon.

also coming soon.

a frost wyvern.
    two Golden dragons.

More information will follow my fellow comrades. we got 5 spots left in the last division so if someone want to join you should be able to do so. provide me with your favorite unit and ill make sure he joins up and get documented.

Hiliadan

Magnificent Overlord, where is my Blight Doctor???

SiaFu

Nice work, Overlord Darkslash.

I see you got lucky with some berries in the dragon dwelling’s domain, this could shave off a turn from Golden Dragon production.
    Good to see the Matriarch proving her usefulness. With her nearly a Champion – when you get Order of Healing it should be a cinch too keep her minions alive for the glory of the Army of the Forum.

Gloweye

My Deathbringer! I want to call her Sheila the Cold, after one of my leaders.

I have found a few goblin villages, so when I conquered those I will pump out the requested Goblins. everything on his or her time Lord Hiliadan

Nice work, Overlord Darkslash.
    I see you got lucky with some berries in the dragon dwelling’s domain, this could shave off a turn from Golden Dragon production.
    Good to see the Matriarch proving her usefulness. With her nearly a Champion – when you get Order of Healing it should be a cinch too keep her minions alive for the glory of the Army of the Forum.

Well lord SiaFu she is:

– champion 1
    – already got order of healing

My Deathbringer! I want to call her Sheila the Cold, after one of my leaders.

Then her name is Sheila the cold Lord Gloweye

the yeti that has been recruited in the name of Lord Seamus the Bold, I got him after the leader with his knights saved his sorry ass from a group of dungeon guards, after that he teamed up with the sole crusader survivor and fought together with the leaders knight army to drive of the pirates

Thanks for the rescue dear Overlord. There was a cosy chill in the dungeon but the view was pretty boring. Nice to have a bit of refreshing wind and figthing going on.

llfoso

Overlord Darkslash,
    It grieves me to see my majestic serpent floating idly by while wars wage across your empire. I would be greatly pleased for it to recieve some of the glory of battle soon, lest it be lacking in experience when the final armies are assembled.

ExNihil

didn’t you promise me krakens?

Thanks for the rescue dear Overlord. There was a cosy chill in the dungeon but the view was pretty boring. Nice to have a bit of refreshing wind and figthing going on.

He already had some combat while fighting together with the crusaders against the undead threat.

Overlord Darkslash,
    It grieves me to see my majestic serpent floating idly by while wars wage across your empire. I would be greatly pleased for it to recieve some of the glory of battle soon, lest it be lacking in experience when the final armies are assembled.

you don’t see him in the screenshot but he was actually defending the city against Sheila the cold (Lord Gloweyes Deathbringer), he health a damaged unit and killed an reinimator.

didn’t you promise me krakens?

All comes in due time, I have water adept so the kraken will come.

Hiliadan

I have found a few goblin villages, so when I conquered those I will pump out the requested Goblins. everything on his or her time Lord Hiliadan

Overlord, is the time of the great, pestilent and sick Blight Doctor coming? All Goblins in my lands are dying to see him but they have been despairing not to have any news recently.

Overlord, is the time of the great, pestilent and sick Blight Doctor coming? All Goblins in my lands are dying to see him but they have been despairing not to have any news recently.

Don’t be afraid Lord Hiliadan, the army of the form just took a break because of the release of the modding tools and after that the holy three weeks of disgaea 5.

Starting next week I am done with my 3 weeks of solitude and disgaea 5 and will awake the army again to make some real progress again. be prepared!

Viewing 19 posts - 91 through 109 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.