The forums are in bad shape…

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions The forums are in bad shape…

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  JeanLucPicard 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Zaskow

Hi, devs! I understand that you’re too busy with upcoming game announce currently, but really… Forums are in mess by spammers every time. We always report about bot attacks, but your reaction is so slow… Do you plan to make some kind of moderator – active member who checks forums every day and can clean all this crap?
    Imagine such situation. New potential member watched the announce of your new game and tried to google some official site or forums. And what will he see? Pretty inactive forums flooded with spam. People will get pretty bad impression about that. So, please, could you do something?

Jolly Joker

Seconded.

Taykor

I have a suspicion that sooner or later Paradox will do something about it in line with their own standards. For example, close this forum and open a new one on a Paradox site.

Fluks

I have a suspicion that sooner or later Paradox will do something about it in line with their own standards. For example, close this forum and open a new one on a Paradox site.

This is my belief too. They seem to have abandoned the ship. I got frustrated by the loads of spam that seem to slowly start outweighing real posts in April and posted two lists of spam along with a short python webcrawler script I wrote to “autocheck” for spam in the forum (pretty badly written no doubt!). But it seems someone only went through the lists half heartedly and left all the spam in e.g. kyrillic untouched.
    My guess is that after the announcement paradox will open a forum for the new game on paradoxplaza or whatever their community site was called.
    This is only good i think because their forum seems to offer more functionality and you can just click on a post if you like or dislike it which is a very useful feature imho.
    Anyway I hope Triumph can give a short heads up on that matter.

Taykor

you can just click on a post if you like or dislike it which is a very useful feature imho

Does it sum up in a user’s profile as a sort of rating? Forum karma-wars are so fun! Not. =(
    On this forum I like this undocumented feature that you can edit all your posts at any time. This could be misused, but here I haven’t seen this during all these years.

posted … a short python webcrawler script I wrote to “autocheck” for spam in the forum

That’s cool!

Low_K

Yeah, Taykor nailed it I think, no doubt the Devs will close this forum and join the Paradoxian one. Still have an account from back in the day Hearts of Iron was released iirc. That was btw the best HoI of all.

Kind regards,

Low

Why is it when I turn off the laptop, after hours of playing Age of Wonders 3, the girlfriend is there waiting? I'll look up and stare at 115 pounds of pure Satan!

Sorax
    Keymaster

Feel free to report here, I will take care 🙂

Fluks

I took the freedom not to report here, but in the bot attacks sticky thread.

A long list of spam

Would be nice if you can take care of that.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Fluks.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Fluks. Reason: spelling

Bob5

Here’s one account

http://aow.triumph.net/forums/users/jimenez/

The irony here is kinda funny I gotta say.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.