Theocrats, priests, and mindless creatures

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Balance Suggestions Theocrats, priests, and mindless creatures

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Zaskow 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Rodmar18

Balance considerations put aside, and for sake of game “realism” and diversity (e.g. as regarded to Archdruid class), I think that Animals and some other mindless creatures could be immune to some Theocrat’s abilities, as well as some morale damaging abilities.

I mean that you can’t convert, give faith or strong will to mindless creatures. There are druidic abilities to do so. And what about martyrdom and Absorb Pain, when the recipient of your act of faith doesn’t now nothing about your faith? Can you even curse a snake? All of this is open to discussion I think.

Granted, there are some cases of animal charming in irl religions, but let’s say that they are display of “druidic”/taming skills.

gladis

Yeah it´s a possibility to devide the classes further.
    For now I would be happy if it wouln´t be possible to seduce animals, but your other ideas could be discussed as well.
    Not being affected by Curse goes a bit too far though for me.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  gladis.

Rodmar18

… unless there are illness-like curses (can be resisted and cured) and more psyche-induced curses (can only be dispelled). Animals (and non-intelligent beings, if possible) could fall to the first ones only.

What about the Heretic/Devout matter? Couldn’t mindless beings be considered like machines? (not being robotic, though)

Zaskow

I mean that you can’t convert, give faith or strong will to mindless creatures. There are druidic abilities to do so.

Agreed.

And what about martyrdom and Absorb Pain, when the recipient of your act of faith doesn’t now nothing about your faith?

This is act of faith going from martyr directly. Recipient may not know about it at all.

Can you even curse a snake?

Ingame curse is simple ‘damage’ based spell which doesn’t need a ‘mind’, imao.

… unless there are illness-like curses (can be resisted and cured) and more psyche-induced curses (can only be dispelled). Animals (and non-intelligent beings, if possible) could fall to the first ones only.

That’s it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.