This games normal diff seems like beyond hard diff.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions This games normal diff seems like beyond hard diff.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Gloweye 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

terrek41

Enemy AI computer armys, almost never misses a special, like entangle, or some form of stun on you the player. roughly 90% of their attacks never fumble when they have -600 morale or worse. Yet the player does if it’s around -150. Junk the star blades spell. its completely worthless. The damage increase is laughable on normal diff. The chance to stun them for 2 round duration never happens. I’ve used it on every map i’ve played, whenever i could research it. Not once have i ever seen it shock anything. Not once.

I think maybe they flubbed it up when they were putting in the difficulty, hard probably got switched for normal.

Then there’s the broken disjunction / greater disjunction. Lets talk about greater disjunction, why doesn’t it INCREASE your percentage chance of getting rid of said spell cast by enemy player, or such. It doesn’t do crap, more often than not it fails a hell of a lot! Much more often than the initial free one you start with. I don’t train it anymore simply because of the bug with it. Like come on.. Last night i had a map where i was trying to greater disjunct one guys spell, it said 95%. First 8x i tried greater disjunct. Guess what. It failed!

8x in a row. 95%…. R E A L L Y??????????

You folks wanna fix that crap sometime this decade?

Then there’s enemy monsters, on the strategic map, that run around my army.. when their right in their face, directly in front of them. They don’t get hit at all, but i get flanked by em. Whats up with that? Shouldn’t my army, the one thats in their face, be getting free hits on them when they run around the one to flank it, since they were in melee range? The computer ai, hits ya every bloody time. Unless you change their facing. But when my army stack, is looking right at em and they don’t sprint but just walk around and flank em for that extra damage. Where’s the free hit? Oh right, triumph says your stack in that army’s stupid. It was looking at the sky when the monster moved around your stack and stabbed it in the @$$.

You folks made a good game yes, and its quite challenging. But the rules you applied to the players, are sadly lacking compared to the ones you applied to the AI. Even things up some. Normal difficulty should not be “Impossible without hundreds of restarts” difficulty. I also love it when i see.. fog of war, ok. I click end turn, 6 full armys come at me all clustered together, and with tier 3-4 full stacks of 6. Nice. Love getting swarmed. Then again, that’s the modern day method for challenging players in mmo’s, isn’t it. If you can’t beat em fairly, swarm em with numbers and eventually they’ll die.

Btw, i get that the game’s supposed to be difficult, and challenging. But maybe you should start out the ai, with the same difficulty / level of gear / no arti’s, as the player does. Just give their hero’s slightly better bonus’s, and their towns, based on the difficulty. I shouldn’t see a hero who has 3, yes. Count them THREE 50 defense assassins in the 8th turn, on the enemy AI side. Going around smoking my towns with ease. SO much for normal difficulty.

Ps, by the time i finally managed to get a charm/seduce out on one of those assassins. Guess what happened. Its defense dropped from 50, to 11. The other ones however, stayed at 50. I spent over 3 hrs of reload game at autosave, to repeat the fight to see if i could do it. Turns out i could. Its measly 10 resist finally broke, vs a 13 seduce. However it took about 100 reloads to get one to finally work. Nice mechanics eh? 13 strength seduce, vs 10 resist and only 1 out of over a hundred attempts, worked. Thats normal difficulty for you. Gotta love loaded dice.

terrek41

And oh yes, Lets talk lesser/greater reanimation. Why doesn’t it work on anything, in the first necro campaign? Tried using it on my tier 1-2 army stacks that died fighting, says invalid target when i mouse over em. But when i use the basic, create worthless army of bones one, that one works fine. Its the 2 trained ones for skill points via levelling, that don’t work at all. I don’t even see the little grey icons that tell you which can be reanimated. The greater doesn’t work on my armys dead corpses, tier 1, 2, or anything above 2. The lesser doesn’t work on tier 1 or 2, for my army corpses. The basic one works on all the corpses, but a cadaver is really a waste without the bone collector.

Neither of them work on enemy corpses either.

So do us all a favor, and remove those 2 skills from the necro campaign in the first map. They don’t work, their a waste of skill points in thinking they will. If you can’t fix it, stop fiddling with it. Your just gonna break it some more, and cause more outrage from the people who just purchased the game, and all the dlc’s with it, like myself.

I’m getting really tired of buying unfinished products online. May end up quitting the online gaming, simply because i’m tired of having to endure online game companys model for making $. Namely. We sell unfinished products, then string the playerbase along for a good number of years, as we slowly fix whatever issues we think we can. We’ll break some stuff along the way, just so we can re-patch it later on. After all, if the players are thinking we’re still working on this, and we show them that we are, they’ll keep playing right. So why not, maybe they’ll tell their friends to buy the game, even though its not finished, and still has a lot of bugs in it. Doesn’t matter to us, we’re just milking em for $ because we can’t get anything right the first time. Or the 2nd time, or the 50th time. Can’t make a omlet without breaking some eggs. Well. Can’t make a game, without breaking the code, either.

Jolly Joker

Consider the possibility that you are playing suboptimal.

Hiliadan

What do you mean by “Normal” and “Hard” difficulty? Defender strengths set in the settings at a game launch? That affects ONLY the value (i.e. tier and number) of defenders in sites on the strategic map, not the chances of success of spells, abilities, etc.
    Or the difficulty of the AI? Read here what it does: age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/AI Similarly, it doesn’t affect the chances of success of spells, abilities, etc.

Enemy AI computer armys, almost never misses a special, like entangle, or some form of stun on you the player. roughly 90% of their attacks never fumble when they have -600 morale or worse. Yet the player does if it’s around -150.

This is completely false. I have played maybe 2000 hours of AoW3 and the chances of the AI and the players missing or doing criticals are the same.

Junk the star blades spell. its completely worthless. The damage increase is laughable on normal diff. The chance to stun them for 2 round duration never happens. I’ve used it on every map i’ve played, whenever i could research it. Not once have i ever seen it shock anything. Not once.

You have been very very unlucky. (by the way, Shocking is different from Stunning, Shocking = -20% Shock protection) Star Blades is one of the best combat spells with its very low cost and excellent damage channel opening which allow crazy damage on flanking.

I think maybe they flubbed it up when they were putting in the difficulty, hard probably got switched for normal.

Not really, it works perfectly normal.

Then there’s the broken disjunction / greater disjunction. Lets talk about greater disjunction, why doesn’t it INCREASE your percentage chance of getting rid of said spell cast by enemy player, or such. It doesn’t do crap, more often than not it fails a hell of a lot! Much more often than the initial free one you start with. I don’t train it anymore simply because of the bug with it. Like come on.. Last night i had a map where i was trying to greater disjunct one guys spell, it said 95%. First 8x i tried greater disjunct. Guess what. It failed!

8x in a row. 95%…. R E A L L Y??????????

You folks wanna fix that crap sometime this decade?

age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Greater_Disjunction
    If you reloaded 8 times to recast it, that’s normal it failed. The game saves the seed for debug reason so if you redo exactly the same actions, you’ll get exactly the same results.
    Greater Disjunction works normal. Its point is that you can spend more mana to increase the % of success.

Then there’s enemy monsters, on the strategic map, that run around my army.. when their right in their face, directly in front of them. They don’t get hit at all, but i get flanked by em. Whats up with that? Shouldn’t my army, the one thats in their face, be getting free hits on them when they run around the one to flank it, since they were in melee range? The computer ai, hits ya every bloody time. Unless you change their facing. But when my army stack, is looking right at em and they don’t sprint but just walk around and flank em for that extra damage. Where’s the free hit? Oh right, triumph says your stack in that army’s stupid. It was looking at the sky when the monster moved around your stack and stabbed it in the @$$.

Sorry but what you say cannot be understood. By the way, the map for combats is the tactical map, not the strategic map.
    What is you issue exactly? Please read this to understand the combat system: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Combat

the rules you applied to the players, are sadly lacking compared to the ones you applied to the AI.

This is not true, the rules are the same, except for the things described in the link I gave you earlier.

I shouldn’t see a hero who has 3, yes. Count them THREE 50 defense assassins in the 8th turn, on the enemy AI side.

What do you mean exactly by 50 defense? Defense of Assassins hardly go above 13… And what settings do you use? The AI can’t get 3 Assassins on normal settings (i.e. not Battle Start), please provide a screenshot.

Ps, by the time i finally managed to get a charm/seduce out on one of those assassins. Guess what happened. Its defense dropped from 50, to 11. The other ones however, stayed at 50. I spent over 3 hrs of reload game at autosave, to repeat the fight to see if i could do it. Turns out i could. Its measly 10 resist finally broke, vs a 13 seduce. However it took about 100 reloads to get one to finally work. Nice mechanics eh? 13 strength seduce, vs 10 resist and only 1 out of over a hundred attempts, worked.

Again, the game saves seed so don’t try to redo the exact same thing by reloading.
    Then what do you mean? Defense can’t be at 50 and defense don’t drop (except if the units lose hero buff and empire upgrade buff).
    Seduce 13 vs resistance 10 = 35% chance of success, so I doubt you reloaded 100 times and got 1 success only, please provide videos.

Lets talk lesser/greater reanimation. Why doesn’t it work on anything, in the first necro campaign? Tried using it on my tier 1-2 army stacks that died fighting, says invalid target when i mouse over em

Using any mods?

I’m getting really tired of buying unfinished products online.

All your points are based on misunderstanding of the game as I pointed out. AoW3 is perfectly finished and have been sustained and refined by the devs for about 3 years. So your claim that it is an unfinished product is completely baseless.

Check out the Wiki for a lot of very good data about AoW3!
    What you really need to improve your AoW3 experience: the balance mod and its presentation video
    Last but not least, check out the Battlefield.com/AoW3 the community website for AoW3

Leon Feargus

And oh yes, Lets talk lesser/greater reanimation. Why doesn’t it work on anything, in the first necro campaign? Tried using it on my tier 1-2 army stacks that died fighting, says invalid target when i mouse over em. But when i use the basic, create worthless army of bones one, that one works fine. Its the 2 trained ones for skill points via levelling, that don’t work at all. I don’t even see the little grey icons that tell you which can be reanimated. The greater doesn’t work on my armys dead corpses, tier 1, 2, or anything above 2. The lesser doesn’t work on tier 1 or 2, for my army corpses. The basic one works on all the corpses, but a cadaver is really a waste without the bone collector.

Neither of them work on enemy corpses either.

I have a feeling you have been trying (lesser/greater) Reanimate Undead on living units that have died. They are abilities that only work on Undead units (hence the name Reanimate Undead). Raise Cadaver (the starting skill) works on way more units.

Gloweye

Advantage of Reanimate is that you get the same units back. So if you have a T2 undead White Witch, you get her back instead of the cadaver that Raies Corpse creates.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.