Transparent Menus, Graphics and 'Home' Menu Page

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Mac Specific Transparent Menus, Graphics and 'Home' Menu Page

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  larsrc 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

drjmcmillan

I see this problem has been noted by other mac users. I am getting problems with in game menus being transparent. It is a little inconsistent in when it appears. however the most consistent time is during a battle when pulling up the Hero’s unit screen. When the hero’s inventory graphic is displayed the whole menu is transparent. Interestingly if you switch from the inventory panel to the hero upgrade panel then the issue resolves and the whole menu immediately ceases to be transparent. If you switch back it is transparent again.

Also during one battle the ‘frame’ of graphics (i.e. the banner at the top of the screen and graphics in the corners) were flicking in and out of transparency (very annoying)!

Initially when I start the game then the ‘Home’ menu screen was fine. However once I had been having these in game transparency issues and I exited to the main home screen then that too was looking pale and transparent.

I am using an iMac 27 inch late 2009. Processor 2.66GHz Intel Core i5. Memory 12GB 1067 MHz DDR3. Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB.

Thanks

drjmcmillan

Also I’ve noticed that another consistent transparency is the leader overlay that comes up when you load the game up for the first time. Again it seems to be the animation of the leader in the framed menu that seems to be doing it

Lascha

We’re looking into this. So far it always seems to happen with macs that use ATI/AMD graphics card. We still need to get our hands on one of those.

wouterm

Yep, same here and indeed I’ve got a ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro card. I know I’ve got an old mac, but it runs AOW3 fine so I’m happy.

Lascha

What OS version do you guys have?

drjmcmillan

Yosemite 10.10.3

I have recently updated the OS. However the problem was happening with the previous version as well.

Cheers!

Lascha

Do you have a save-file and a step-by-step explanation on how to reproduce the bug from those? I’ve been playtesting for hours and can’t get it to happen. On other forums it’s been reported that specific situations triggers this bug. So if we can recreate that situation from save-file then that would help a lot.

drjmcmillan

Not sure how to access a save file. i only keep one file.

However the bug always happens in certain circumstances. Most notably when I first load up a game from the main menu and the avatar is displayed it is transparent.

Every time.

Also when I quit a game, the icons on the main menu screen are transparent. It isn’t transparent when I first load up Age Of Wonders but it always is after I quit a game.

At other times it’s variable but it does seem that any menu with the animated avatar of my hero is a problem.

Also I’ve noted that the water effects around shallows are very ‘blinky’ at times.

If you need more info then please ask.

sweman

Any updates on this? I’ve got the same problem frequently making the game difficult to play since reading any text is near impossible sometimes. Got the same setup as drjmcmillan.

Lirkaz

This seems to be happening still. Any other update on this topic?

larsrc

I had this problem for a long time, to the point where my battles were mostly guesswork. Updating MocOS seems to have fixed it.

drjmcmillan

I’m still having a problem. What Mac OS are you using larsrc?

larsrc

I was using 10.9.something. After upgrading to 10.12.1, the transparency issue disappeared. There are other issues, but that one is gone.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.