Triumph’s New Game to be announced May 18th @ PDXCon!

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Triumph’s New Game to be announced May 18th @ PDXCon!

This topic contains 17 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Damkac 3 hours, 10 minutes ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Lennart Sas
    Keymaster

Was hoping this would happen. Can’t wait. 🙂

SikBok
    Keymaster

If memory serves me, you called it first JLP : )>

Hiliadan

What do you hope the new Triumph game will be? Vote here: https://www.the-battlefield.com/aow3/index.php?page=bf_poll&pollnumber=29

The AoW3 Wiki, including a video library!
    Improve AoW3 with the balance mod (presentation video)
    The Battlefield.com/AoW3 the community website for AoW3

Jolly Joker

I hope it will be excellent. 😉

Gloweye

Excited to hear more.

Fluks

So after ~7 months the news we get are: We’ll give you news in 3 month?
    Must say I hoped for more.
    But well not really important as long as you deliver such good games 🙂

If memory serves me, you called it first JLP : )>

I promise to only ever use my powers for good.

Taykor

Nice.
    Continue waiting for now.

Sartarius

Thats really outstanding news! 2000 hours+ AOW 3 total played and still playing from time to time. Hope your next project will keep the mark.

To go, or not to go, to Sweden?

That is the question.

www.grababrew.weebly.com/

Jolly Joker

Would have loved to, could even find the time, but since we have never been to Stockholm, we’d want to have a few days around the event, fly Thursday to Monday at least, but 4 nights plus 2 flights plus 2 tickets plus allowance would tear a big hole into our summer holiday budget – well, actually go a good way to plunder it, and with said holiday already planned I’ve reluctantly shelved the idea.

Rhaeg

Finally some news 🙂

I do hope we won’t have a year+ wait after this. We now have an announcement for the announcement of the game but I prefer a short period with regular news updates vs. feeding the fans a few crumbs every few weeks.

It’s about time for a new decent turn-based strategy though, so glad something is coming up at least 🙂

Yigg

I’m looking forward to the announcement and while I voted for AoW 4, Triumph has built enough trust with me that I’ll be happy with whatever they turn-based game they announce and will buy it on day 1 (or perhaps earlier).

TheSpeaker

I’m looking forward to the announcement and while I voted for AoW 4, Triumph has built enough trust with me that I’ll be happy with whatever they turn-based game they announce and will buy it on day 1 (or perhaps earlier).

I second this. Whatever it is, it will be great.

Damkac

I would be excited if it’s AoW 4 but I would also be excited if this is a completely new game. Honestly I would love to see AoW-style game with less generic fantasy world.

Draxynnic

I would be excited if it’s AoW 4 but I would also be excited if this is a completely new game. Honestly I would love to see AoW-style game with less generic fantasy world.

At first glance, the AoW world does seem fairly generic, but when you get deeper into the lore, the entire setting is a subversion of what is usually a core trope in generic fantasy worlds – namely, the decline of the elder races to be eclipsed by the rising star of humanity. (The broad overview of the AoW story can be summarised as “that’s what was supposed to happen, but the old races refuse to go quietly.”)

That said, if the new game is AoW4, the distinguishing factor is that the Shadow Gate is open. That allows for a lot of weirdness potential.

Damkac

It just irritates me that there is infinity of possible fantasy world yet in almost every fantasy game we see the good old elves and orcs. I know it is the safest route but really couldn’t games creators use their imagination more sometimes?
    If it is AoW4 I really hope that Shadow Realm will add lots of things that we hadn’t saw already a thousand times.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.