Triumph’s New Game to be announced May 18th @ PDXCon!

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Triumph’s New Game to be announced May 18th @ PDXCon!

This topic contains 398 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  JonParkis 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 399 total)
  • Author

Taykor

also a guy
    /resume trolling/

And now I can’t even prevent that. :’-(
    Though…
    No, it seems, I can.
    It’s very probable that Tombles is the fourth guy, Tom.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  Taykor.

SikBok
    Keymaster

Spot on Taykor : )>

Gloweye, I arrive Thursday evening. I’ll see if I can get my number to touch via steam or something at some point.

Taykor

Spot on Taykor : )>

Yeah. Especially considering he wrote his name in his steam profile… =)

Bob5

I’m currently on my way to the airport, I should be arriving in Stockholm in a few hours if everything goes well at the airport and with my flight.

Jolly Joker

I just had an idea, what the new game could be, although it’s probably more like wishful thinking.

I always thought that Emperor of the Fading Suns was quite unique in its atmosphere and gameplay, although the game wasn’t balanced and all that – it would have needed some more time.

So – Triumph’s new game will be the spiritual succeesor of that one. Wonderous Age of Space, which will be basically Age of Wonders 4, but with a vastly expanded empire management/research part and a completely redesigned naval … sorry, SPACE part.

In all seriousness, what got me with EotFS was the idea of “Heretic Tech”, that is, Tech you MAY research (because the potential gain is high), but is forbidden by a powerful Church, and if it gets known that you actually DO research Heretic Tech (for example, everything in connection with genetic engineering), you’ll be excommunicated, with far-reaching consequences.
    Lot more interesting than just simple research. Research only legit tech, and you may just get behind in the race with your competitors (who may or may not secretly research that tech); research heretic tech, and you may end up as enemy of the church and hunted down by everyone.

I could go easy and say, just give us AoW 4 – but with me still playing AoW 3 like hell, I don’t really see the need, yet.

Taykor

I took time to actually look through PDXCon site. The thing is, there aren’t big events on 18th. Only a party, workshops and LANs (whatever these are, but they are small-groups events). An actual opening and presentation and big events are all on 19th.
    So, how the new game would be announced on the 18th? O_o
    With a special announcement on the web?

Gloweye

I’d expect the announcement on the 19th or 20th.

I think the title of this thread is to mean “new game announced on PDXCon, which starts may 18th, and the exact moment is yet to get published.”

The LAN will be developers and fans playing the game live against each other.

I expect to die very quickly.

Afaik there will be 2 games announced at some point, one of them being the super secret project.

JJ’s proposal sounds pretty badass.

Bob5

The LAN will be developers and fans playing the game live against each other.

I expect to die very quickly.

You never know. I haven’t played a lot lately, been busy with other stuff, and I’ll be there at the LAN as well.

By the way, I’m already in Stockholm now. Anyone else already there? Maybe we can hang out this evening.

Plumpbiscuit

https://www.gog.com/partner/pdxcon_2018
    I can’t help but notice all of the AoW games are listed first in this sale…

Landing in 20 minutes!

Leon Feargus

I would have liked to come but I´m in Colombia.

Lan game about to start. I’m sat next to sikbok. may post pictures later.

We’re in a place called Inferno Online.

It’s huge!

Jolly Joker

Bloody hell, I AM envious.
    What do you play? AoW 3?

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Jolly Joker.

Hiliadan

Lan game about to start. I’m sat next to sikbok. may post pictures later.

We’re in a place called Inferno Online.

It’s huge!

Go SikBok, go! Beat the hell out of BBB! 😀

Ultimatum

Heh,their announcement should be soon..

Rhaeg

So it’s the 18th of May now, the day that was announced months ago as the announcement day of the next big thing Triumph is working on and even though we have tried get some concrete info we still have no clue at what time the announcement will happen and if we can watch it somewhere on a live stream. Moreover, we do not even know if the announcement will be today, because the website of that con has 2 more logical events for it on its agenda on the 19th and 20th of May. So an announcement day was announced months in advance, but when that day finnaly arrives no one has been able to tell anyone when and where (online) we can expect the thing to happen. I think I’ll just call this “a bit silly” and leave it at that 🙂

To the peeps who are there in Sweden: have a good time!

Ultimatum

Imagine if their announcement was Shadow Magic 2…

Mr.Lost

waiting for some pics,if there is stream,that would be better…

Tibbles

Here’s the stream schedule :

(CEST times)
    So the game will most likely be announced tomorrow at the Announcement Show

Link to Streams

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Tibbles.

Ultimatum

I was told the announcement was today

getting all hyped up for nothing

Ok so out of 6 players, 3 went for Theocrat (2orc and 1 tigran), one is a tigran warlord, one was a human dread (died due to fast expansion overreach) and the last is a frosting sorcerer.

Sikbok and I are Orc Theocrats, allied.

I’m a bit worried about the Tigran warlord.

plan is to tech to exalted and use mobile sniping stacks.

photos are too large to upload. 🤔🤨

Jolly Joker

Interesting. Map size L without UG?

I think it’s large.

Bob5 is being a big bully.

He has just attacked Triumph Ajay’s throne.

And Bob is using his crusader well, tanking the few ranges options Ajay has.

Bob also has 4 mystics with him, so Ajay can’t hide behind the walls.

I don’t see Ajay winning this.

Just spoke to Sikbok. Announcement will be tomorrow during the announcement show.

Ajay’s leader just died.

Phasing Mystic + smite lol.

Taykor

Just spoke to Sikbok. Announcement will be tomorrow during the announcement show.

Sometimes it’s sad to be right. =(

Rhaeg

Glad we have someone on site to pull some simple information from devs who are apparently not incredibly interested to inform people by posting a tiny update on their own websiteor forums!

Arnout
    Keymaster

Yes soon now! According to my sources it will be announced tomorrow around 11:00 CET 🙂

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 399 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.