Unit regeneration

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Unit regeneration

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  NuMetal 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

jfpOne23

Do units regenerate hitpoints faster if IN a city than if just in domain?

ShortBear

If you build a hospital in the city then units rapidly regenerate. Also most heroes can get abilities that boost regeneration in their group. Not much other than that.

Steven Aus

Also, while all heroes start with Fast Healing, and all Draconian units have Fast Healing, the hero ability that increases regen only grants Fast Healing to all units in that army (and doesn’t stack), so in an all Draconian army (or any type of heroes and the rest Draconian non-hero units) it is not worth getting the hero ability that increases regen (unless you might be having other types of living non-hero units in your hero’s army apart from Draconian race).

Might I also note that Human Priests and Dwarf Forge Priests increase the healing per turn of living units in their army by 15 each or 10 each respectively starting with the earlier members of the army. This is different to Fast Healing and does stack with it.

With regards to the Theocrat upgrade that gives all Support units the Healing ability (which is slightly different from the inherent abilities of Human and Dwarf Priests), I’m not sure if it also stacks with the Human Priest (Bestow Iron Heart) or Dwarf Forge Priest (Guardian Flame) standard healing abilities if they are in the army.

smeagolheart

I’d actually like to see a number on the unit screen that shows how fast a unit is regenerating on a particular hex with any bonuses that may be in effect.

Why isn’t that something we can see?

jfpOne23

I also noticed that my starting cannon didn’t regen at all when parked in a city. Is there some building I need to “repair” it? Also, is there any building “tree” graphic out there in the wild so I can see what the hierarchy looks like?

Thanks!

Taykor

I also noticed that my starting cannon didn’t regen at all when parked in a city. Is there some building I need to “repair” it? Also, is there any building “tree” graphic out there in the wild so I can see what the hierarchy looks like?

Masters’ Guild.
    Builders’ Hall-> Siege Workshop -> Masters’ Guild
    I haven’t seen a complete picture of a building tree yet ( with recent additions to class buildings included).
    But this information is present in the Tome of Wonders (F1 while in the game).

b0rsuk

Unfortunately, Hospitals are expensive. And for all that you’re getting 15HP healing. If you’re a dwarf or human, you can get priests sooner.

Ships are the big problem in my opinion. You need Harbor just to build them, then you need 3 (three!) buildings for the privilege of returning your ships to the city and repairing them. If you have more than 2 damaged ships, Masters’ Guild won’t keep up with natural healing.

apopov

Ships are the big problem in my opinion. You need Harbor just to build them, then you need 3 (three!) buildings for the privilege of returning your ships to the city and repairing them. If you have more than 2 damaged ships, Masters’ Guild won’t keep up with natural healing.

This is big and currently a deal breaker when it comes to ships for me. Right now they are just way too expensive compared to land units and do not provide enough of an advantage on water to offset the fact that for first 15 turns of the game they usually can’t be repaired at all.

If one is playing a class with access to sabotage units like scoundrels or engineers, ships are rendered inferior.

NuMetal

I’d actually like to see a number on the unit screen that shows how fast a unit is regenerating on a particular hex with any bonuses that may be in effect.

I really like this idea! +1

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.