Update v1.52 Patch Notes – Updated 9/6/2015

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Update v1.52 Patch Notes – Updated 9/6/2015

Tagged: 

This topic contains 346 replies, has 83 voices, and was last updated by  o8livion 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 241 through 270 (of 347 total)
  • Author

Jolly Joker

What about allowing more sites in the vicinity of starting towns?

There’s should already always be at least one extra expansion site in near the player city.

Great, thanks.

gelat

Is there an ETA on the fix for Tigran city quests?

llfoso

There’s a typo after you send a message in PBEM, it should say “message sent” instead of “message send”

Akinaba

On underground terrain:

It would probably go a long way if the terrain were not so much brown in brown but more colourful and exotic. The shroom stalks in dense vegetation goes the right way (and should be the default terrain created by terraforming). Wetlands could glow with bioluminescence, fertile plains have moss patches, mushrooms and molds in vivid colours, barren are blank rock and boulder fields.

At cave entrances, the climate/terrain from above ground could spill over, giving some hints on what to expect and create even more variety in underground features.

And bats flyiing over wetland and/or dense foilage instead of butterflies/birds on the ground.

Tombles
    Keymaster

there an ETA on the fix for Tigran city quests?

Next update! Believe it or not, they were not set up at all, we’ve had to put a ton of things together from scratch which is why it’s taking a little longer.

Zaskow

@tombles

Any new racial skills planned for class units?
    We have some suggestions here. Maybe, you could consider about some of them at least?

Tombles
    Keymaster

28th May 2015, version 1.562

• Fixed an issue where you could cast Inspect Plague on another player’s city without triggering a war declaration
    • Independent heroes will now sometimes cast spells in battle
    • Tigran Cities now give quests.
    • Added support for the strategic AI to not cast city growth spells on metropolises
    • Fixed issues where various damage bonuses weren’t affecting damage to obstacles, like walls and gates
    • Fixed an issue where picking up a cartographers tent underground would reveal cities above ground, when below ground cities were closer
    • Fixed an issue where creating a cadaver on a wall wouldn’t apply the wallclimbing penalty
    • Spells/abilities that do not work in water battles, now do not work in lava battles either
    • Stopped enemies in AI Raid and Brigand behavior targeting concealed units (should prevent roaming units sniping concealed scouts. Really this time!)
    • Increased amount of global pick ups from 20 to 25 on Medium Size Default Settings, for larger maps this scales up accordingly.
    • Increased the difference between ‘few’ and ‘many’ for the amount of resource sites being generated.
    • Fixed a crash that occured when accepting the surrender of an AI player
    • Exalted reverted to have Inflict Daze on Bronze
    • Exalted now get Righteous Zeal on Gold instead of Stunning Touch (+3 fire/shock damage versus heretics)
    • Evangelists now get the “Denounce Heretic” ability on Silver medal (a single target ranged ability that marks a unit in tactical combat as a Heretic)
    • Fixed an issue where a concealed unit wouldn’t be properly revealed on the world map when the terrain it was stood in changed
    • Draconian deity Economic for Necromancers now gives +20 production to cities with Great Temples instead of 200 Happiness.
    • Tigran patron Military now gives 7 HP to Tigran Sun Guards and Sabretooth Chariots instead of Fast Healing.
    • Fixed an issue where relationship bonuses for completing quests would disappear incorrectly

Tombles
    Keymaster

@tombles

Any new racial skills planned for class units?
    We have some suggestions here. Maybe, you could consider about some of them at least?

I can have a quick look, but I don’t think there’s much I can do much. We’re right at the end of the patching process now, there’s very very little time left.

Zaskow

We’re right at the end of the patching process now, there’s very very little time left.

Sadly to hear that. Anyway, good luck with your new projects!

elinahuisman

We have finally moved the Tutorial Campaign to Open Beta!

The tutorial focuses on new players, explaining a bunch of stuff from moving your army to how to cast spells or how retaliation works. Note that we do not intent to explain the entire game, just the basic mechanics. We want to give new players the tools to learn the game without overwhelming them with the full complexity of the game.

At this moment the Campaign is still in an early stage, but we would like to receive your feedback on it so we can incorporate it before it is all set in stone.
    STARTING THE TUTORIAL: The Tutorial Campaign is started through the Elven Court Campaign. After the introduction and the first story page of the Elven Court you will get the choice to start the Tutorial. If you chose Yes you will be redirected to Aldor, the legendary isle so pivotal in the history of Elves.

We would be grateful if you can test the tutorial and give feedback!

Here is a list of known issues and other messages/events that still have to be removed or implemented:
    • Text is not final and still has to be localized
    • Ekko currently has no alignment but he should be evil
    • Modified Strategic and Tactical Tutorial Messages according to previous feedback
    • Will place the High Elf Swordsman to another Hex to prevent the Goblins to move to the High Elf Swordsman in the Gold Mine Gold Mine Battle
    • Strategic Tutorial Icons for the messages are still temporary, we would like to have feedback on how these could clearly portrait the information given

What we really want to know is it possible to break anything in the tutorial map? We haven’t done a lot of intensive testing, feel free to break anything!

ArcaneSeraph

Good changes overall.

Only minor issue: the bug with the frostlings starting with flame tanks instead of frost tanks is still present. Perhaps it was just missed for this update though.

Tombles
    Keymaster

We did fix that AS! I just forgot to put it in the patchnotes… We fixed a similat thing for halflings and party robots.

ArcaneSeraph

Hmm… it’s still present in my game though. I just started a new settler game with battle settings to test. See screenshot.

I can test the party robot thing quickly and check that too.

Attachments:

Tombles
    Keymaster

Doh! Thanks, we’ll check it out

ArcaneSeraph

No problem. Just happened to check as I have a strat I want to try out starting with frost tanks 🙂

The party robots are still missing too, just for reference.

Tombles
    Keymaster

Should be fixed in the next update! We actually tested it this time 🙂

Zaskow

@tombles

Did you reject planned changes for shrine completely or just have not much time to implement it in this patch?

1) We grant an anti-machine effect to Divine Vengeance, for example a chance to inflict stun for 2 turns on machines only.
    2) We do the damage channel swap, so Divine Vengeance gets spirit damage while prayer bolts get shock (could be combined with a minor shrine nerf to compensate)
    3) We do CSav10’s idea of making Smiting Prayer bolts 7 Fire, 7 Spirit, 7 Shock. In this case, each devouted unit would add 2 spirit, 1 fire and 1 shock to the attack (could be combined with a minor shrine nerf to compensate)
    4) We say that Armageddon is enough, and nothing needs to change

Tombles
    Keymaster

I honestly don’t know what I can do Zaskow 🙁 No-one in the thread could agree on what should be changed or even if anything should be changed. With the Evangelist/Exalted stuff, there was widespread agreement, with the Shrine there’s no agreement at all. If I change something, and people don’t like it, there’ll be no time to fix it for quite a while.

Akinaba

Just wanted to point out not that necessery but still existing misshap.

Ancestrial Spirits do not have the Shield trait, while their Sorc. counterparts (the Phantasm Warriors) do have this skill and their models obviously assume they do bear shields indeed.

I think it’s just a long forgotten misshap then anything that was put there on purpose.

@zaskow, this is the “quit while you are ahead and be thankful” part of the change cycle. Let’s the devs say “oh look, happy customers”, go sleep and or interact with living people (for whatever reason) and makes you seem more reasonable in the next cycle.

Anyway, I bet dwarf theocrat is going to be mighty strong now, since their shield and dwarfness make them quite tanky, and they’ll have the extra fire and shock. That also makes the keeper theocrat a bit better, as you could get extra fire from meditate.

Epaminondas

@zaskow, this is the “quit while you are ahead and be thankful” part of the change cycle. Let’s the devs say “oh look, happy customers”, go sleep and or interact with living people (for whatever reason) and makes you seem more reasonable in the next cycle.

Will there be “the next cycle”? 🙂

Anyways, I can’t update, as I keep getting “could not connect to the server” message. Are other people getting this as well?

Tombles
    Keymaster

Anyways, I can’t update, as I keep getting “could not connect to the server” message. Are other people getting this as well?

From the Steam server you mean? Updating shouldn’t affect your ability to connect to our servers…

Epaminondas

From the Steam server you mean? Updating shouldn’t affect your ability to connect to our servers…

I got it to work just now; so it’s a moot point. Thanks!

Motasa

We would be grateful if you can test the tutorial and give feedback!

Overall I like the tutorial, as it’s short, has a steady progression and is very informative. It gives much information on strategic and tactical matters. I like that the messages are popping up once something new things happen; making you aware of mechanics behind tactical battles, like flanking, retaliation, attacks of opportunity etc.

The siege on Ekko’s city is somewhat hampered by the lack of a siege unit though. Maybe Werlac could conjure up a Ram or Trebuchet to help you take Ekko down – it helps in the last battle and you could inform new players on how to use this unit-type in sieges like this.

Aside from that I find the map quite dissimilar to the Aldor map as it appeared in the first Age of Wonders game. But that’s a minor complaint. 🙂

Finally, I think the Tutorial should be a standalone campaign or scenario, as that’s easier to navigate to from the main menu. As a new player to a game I find it more convenient to be prompt with a tutorial from the main menu than from the introduction of the starter campaign.

What we really want to know is it possible to break anything in the tutorial map? We haven’t done a lot of intensive testing, feel free to break anything!

Once I gained a level with Sundren, a message popped up with “ERROR! DataObject.Header: ||“.

esvath

28th May 2015, version 1.562

Wow, I really like this patch note! Finally Theocrats get something cool! Thanks @tombles and team.

When will this patch be available for GOGers?

Tombles
    Keymaster

When will this patch be available for GOGers?

I can’t give you an exact date, but we want next week to purely look out for crashes and serious bugs to fix before the patch goes live. We don’t want something like AI spell bug getting out again. Once that’s done, the patch should be final and can be released to GoG and made into the default branch on steam.

Sorry for the wait, Esvath. I know you and many like you have been waiting patiently for a while, hopefully we can get you something worth the wait!

esvath

It’s OK, @tombles, take your time. Thanks!

iceboy

Increased the difference between ‘few’ and ‘many’ for the amount of resource sites being generated.

This is great! Could we get this for all structure and city site generation options?

gelat

I’m getting “error saving game” when using the cloud. It says this with manual saves, quick saves and autosaves, but they do save, and they do load and work fine.

elinahuisman

Thank you @motasa for your feedback 🙂

The siege on Ekko’s city is somewhat hampered by the lack of a siege unit though. Maybe Werlac could conjure up a Ram or Trebuchet to help you take Ekko down

True! Having a Trebuchet or any other Siege unit can really make a difference here. Once the player enters Ekko’s domain, a Trebuchet will join the player 🙂

Finally, I think the Tutorial should be a standalone campaign or scenario

Sadly this is not possible, since it is now already integrated into the Campaign. We hope that new players first play the tutorial and than continue with the Elven Court, since the Elven Court also teaches the player a lot.

Once I gained a level with Sundren, a message popped up with “ERROR! DataObject.Header: ||“

Fixed it! Thank you for finding it 🙂

Viewing 30 posts - 241 through 270 (of 347 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.