Were has this game been hiding

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Were has this game been hiding

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  BLOODYBATTLEBRAIN 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

taylo1939

Just found this game on steam and decided to give it try and I have to say that I am having a great time playing it. Can beileve it was released in 2014 and I have never heard of it.

Haven’t tried any MP yet but I have played through all of the campaigns (except necromancer, just starting this one) and several random map games. I find the game play very fun with all of the hero types feeling very unique to play, and if you really micro thing the number of strategies you can use seem endless.

So far my favorite heros are Dreadnought (massed muskets, cannons and tanks. Yes please), and Theocrat (I find the unite types and spell choices to be very fun to play with).

My only issue is that the AI turns can take forever to finish, is there a work around for this or maybe a mod that helps.

Thanks in advance and happy gaming

Leon Feargus

My only issue is that the AI turns can take forever to finish, is there a work around for this or maybe a mod that helps.

Play in simultaneous mode. (instead of classic turn by turn)

Draxynnic

Play in simultaneous mode. (instead of classic turn by turn)

Alternatively, if you haven’t already, go to options and turn off the ‘Play movement animation’ option under Gameplay. This essentially makes armies teleport around, which can save a lot of time if there are a lot of armies within your vision. It does mean you have to pay a bit more attention to where enemy armies are at the start of your turn, though!

taylo1939

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try them out on my next game.

IIRC you can press O to turn on/off observer mode, which will cut down on resources needed as your screen doesn’t swivel to observed enemies.

www.grababrew.weebly.com/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.