Who wants to make a new race?

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Who wants to make a new race?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Gilafron 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

vfxrob

Seeing a lot of chatter for people wanting still see new races, id be curious how many people would wanted a complete step by step guide to make your own race.

The only paid thing i think you will need (will see if i can find a free alt) is $excel$. You will not need to be creative, or a 3d modeller or any kind of digital painting skills, we can go through using free software a complete beginners guide covering from making custom units in the content editor, icons, prepping our names and compiling it together, I can make a basic guide race that others can follow along and once we are done you will have a standard race but you should be familiar enough then with the tools to continue to make it more custom.

If there are a handful of people who think they have a cool idea for a race but are overwhelmed on where to start, just post here if theres a handful il get started on the guide.

Nelandros

Hi vfxrob,

I would be very keen on seeing new races added to AoW3. Anything to add more replayability to this excellent game! I would have a few suggestions, however as it stands i’m a bit confused as to what races the Shadow Realm mod is going to add (eg will it or will it not be adding a Dark Elf faction?)

If you could clear up for me what races are being added then I might be able to make a few suggestions!

vfxrob

Nah this post was origionally about offering to throw up a bunch of step by step videos for people who are unfamiliar with the modding tools from start to finish to make their own race.

Strange as a lot of people are vocal they want a new race but nobody too keen to make their own how they want them.

Theres a few races on steam available now. Archons, Dark Elves and Insectoids. I can’t tell you too much about the Shadow realm I only had a small part and unsure of when it will be officially released maybe one of the team might answer.

I personally don’t have much interest making anymore unless it was a tutorial, the insectoids was just a fun personal goal, a simpler race would be pretty straight forward you could have an alt human faction ready in probably a day or two, something like the lizard men in a week. If you had one up i could then throw a few suggestions your way 🙂 but to make the guides id only do it if there were atleast half a dozen interested.There would be a far greater probability that one would follow through.

Gloweye

Strange as a lot of people are vocal they want a new race but nobody too keen to make their own how they want them.

Because it’s a lot of work. People are lazy.

Nelandros

I wouldn’t mind a step by step guide on how to do it. I’ve been tinkering in modding for a long time now so I may as well try it for real.

And @gloweye. Yes. Yes I am! 🙂

Gilafron

I’d be interested as well. I don’t know where to start when it comes to the models.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.