When starting the game we suggest you pick the Elven Court campaign as it contains a tutorial and please use the in game manual called the Tome of Wonders which contains chapters for beginning players. Here are some additional links to get you stared:
- Gameplay Tutorial Videos by iHunterKiller
- *new* Step by Step Map Making Guide
- Introduction to Level Editing Video
- Advanced Level Editing and Scripting Guide
- Sharing User Content with the Package Manager (incl Steam Workshop)
When encountering a problem, we have the following services to help you fix your issue:
As a first stop, we suggest looking in the Age of Wonders III Knowledge Base, which lists common problems and questions along with their solutions.
A quick way to get help on your issues, along with status updates from the development team and community participation. Also a place to leave feedback. When reporting a bug, please follow these guidelines. This will help us understand your problem and identify a solution faster.
2.1 Find The Right Sub Forum:
First find the correct subforum to report your issue.
- For difficulties with the launcher, or with your account use: /installation-and-registration-issues/
- For problems with hosting, joining or playing a multiplayer game use: /multiplayer-issues/
- For issues with a particular scenario, or campaign mission then use: /scenario-specific-issues/
- For all other problems, then use: /general-tech-issues/
2.2 Check If The Issue Has Already Been Reported:
Please quickly check to see if there is already a thread about the issue you are reporting. If there is, then please add your feedback to that thread rather than starting a new one. You can use the forum search to help with this: http://ageofwonders.com/forums/search/
2.3 Describe The Problem Clearly
Please try to clearly describe the problem you are having. Try and include:
- What steps you took to make the problem occur
- What happens when you follow those steps
- What you EXPECT to happen
For example, a good bug report might look like this:
- While playing the first map of the Elven Campaign, I got a quest from the City Of Eldraste to kill some units
- I attacked the units to the north of the city with my main army, and defeated them using Auto-Combat
- I expected to get a reward and for the city of Eldraste to join my empire
- Instead nothing happened after defeating the units, I still have the quest active on my HUD, but I can’t see what I should do to complete it.
2.4 Include Screen Shots and Save Games
If appropriate then include screen shots and/or save games that show the problem you are having. These can help us quickly identify what is going wrong and why.
2.4 Include Details About Your PC
Please provide as much detail as you can about the machine you are running the game on:
- Processor Type
- Graphics Card
- Amount Of RAM Installed
- Operating System
The easiest way to do this is to make a DxDiag report and attach it to your post. This video explains how to create this report:
2.6 Debug Mode, Logs and Crash Dumps
We may ask you to run the game in a special debug mode to provide us with more data to fix crashes. When running in debug mode, the game will run more slowly, but will produce logs and crash dumps which can be used to help identify where in the game’s code a crash has actually occurred.
To start the game in debug mode:
1) Start the game launcher
2) Select the Miscellaneous tab
3) Check the box by “Run in debug mode”
When you run the game in debug mode, logs and crash dumps will be created in the following folder:
C:Users<Your User Name>DocumentsMy GamesAoW3Logs
If you don’t want to post via the forums you can email your issue, please follow the guides lines above. We accept attachments up to 6mb.
For Issues regarding the platform, such as billing, account, login, troubleshooting e.g. not game specific should be addressed here.