1 week hype

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions 1 week hype

This topic contains 45 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Low_K 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author

EXECNOIR

One more week to go, guys!
    This will be the longest week in this year surely.
    So, let’s discuss how are we going to stay alive a whole week. How do you guys sleep or eat with this much excitement? What techniques you use to avoid heart failure?
    I wasn’t this excited since…uhm…AoW III release I guess?
    I just want to time travel to the next week or else I feel my hea-hhnnnnnnnnnnnngggg

Attachments:

Smaug3

I’m going to stay alive by using my base necromancer powers to go into a death-like sleep, then, when necromancer is released, I am going to come back as an archlich. It’s a foolproof plan.

Sedghammer

I’m trying to do other things that are more creative before I binge on the expansion – sculpt, illustrate, play guitar. Because once this baby launches, I imagine Eternal Lords will eat my braaaaains.

I won’t be able to afford it for two more days after its release so I’ll also have to endure two days of gazing at it longingly on Steam. But I’ll be keeping myself preoccupied by the usual blogging. I’ll probably play the game as it is right up until I can obtain the expansion. Three months ago someone told me that they weren’t playing Age of Wonders 3 until the release of the expansion because of the number of balance changes that it would bring. I can’t stop playing this game for any reason.

null
    “Hype is the mind-killer. Hype is the little-death that brings wallet obliteration. I will face my hype. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see the release date. Where the hype has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Mythabril

“Hype is the mind-killer.”

Truer words have never been spoken.

Arlow

making sure i have clean pajamas and snacks ready.
    drawing maps i want to make with the editor in a notebook.
    bit of spring cleaning.
    watching any new footage i can find on youtube.

Tibbles

Tibbles. 😛

Ferrin

That is just.. The best. Thank you Sir Tibbles. *bows*

Thariorn

Sir Tibbles

Heh 😛

https://i.imgur.com/KjOMP6T.gif

Almost
    got
    it
    !
    Just
    a
    tiny
    bit
    closer

Low_K

It’s Lady Tibbles actually.

I look at Steam every day. Just to see if they didn’t secretly rel;eased it early. I refresh the avrious Youtube channels with preview footage to see new movies.

I contacted my good friend Cornelius Row, who will come by my house after release to do the Let’s Play for me. He will arrive soon so that I can prepare my mancave to house the camera’s, recording software and rig to play Eternal Lords on. Discussing stuff with him helps a bit.

Still have 3 PBEM games going, but it gets hard as the cravings get stronger….

Kind regards,

Low

Zaskow

My job helps me.

EXECNOIR

I look at Steam every day. Just to see if they didn’t secretly rel;eased it early. I refresh the avrious Youtube channels with preview footage to see new movies.

I do this too. Like, 50 times a day.
    Also, I started a new vanilla campaign, I’m on the last map of CW bad ending actually, but it’s going reeeally slow. I play 2 turns and I’m like …sigh, whats the point, let’s just stare at the eternal lords store page a little, that sounds fun…

Wintersend

Lol, great turtle video. Didn’t know they did that.

Anyway, I’m eager for the expansion. Been playing Dungeon Keeper and doing skeleton rushes to get me into the proper evil overlord mindset for playing a Necromancer.

Although in one of my games of AOW I already use some ghoul units in combat since I got the secret spell that raises fallen units as ghouls every combat round. Nothing sweeter than than ghouling an Eldricth Horror to turn against its fellow units.

This is in addition to about 6 other secret spells I’ve gotten that game from raiding Wizard Towers. It’s sweet taking one of them early and getting Summon Obsidian Dragon letting you rapidly clear more >:)

Ferrin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ferrin wrote:</div>

*snipped*

Kind regards,

Low

Ah, did not know that!

Dame* Tibbles is the correct equivalent of what I meant. ^^

Ah, I can’t wait to scour the world of the living in a 2v6 AI map with my friend.

Ravenholme

I am amazing people with my encyclopedic knowledge of exactly how long it is from any given moment to the release of Eternal Lords* in hours and days.

I think they may have chosen the wrong time to release if they were looking for press, as they’re sharing that particular day with two big name titles, one of which is pretty much guaranteed to steal all the press attention not from 4X and Indie focused news sites, which generally have a lower profile.

*According to Steam.

Merkraad

Both my jobs are hyped all over me, so the week will pass really fast :)))))

Its fun wheen things are busy and you actually see time fly by! Wooohhooo!!

Metaphysically for me the expansion comes out earlier =D

they’re sharing that particular day with two big name titles

which are?

Ravenholme

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ravenholme wrote:</div>
    they’re sharing that particular day with two big name titles

which are?

GTA V and Mortal Kombat X, both of which are sure controversy bait, so expect the big news sites to focus their attention on that :/

Wintersend

I don’t that those should affect AOW very much, after all, they are both in totally different genres from AOW, and I at least am not a fan of either one.

Ravenholme

I don’t that those should affect AOW very much, after all, they are both in totally different genres from AOW, and I at least am not a fan of either one.

My point is that the mainstream (aka High Exposure) media sites (RPS, PCG, Kotaku [*shiver*], etc) will be devoting more space and time to those particular titles, so things like EL will not likely be on their front pages.

Small Indie Sites and 4X Focused ones will give EL good coverage, but those don’t reach a particularly large audience.

Low_K

GTA V and Mortal Kombat X, both of which are sure controversy bait, so expect the big news sites to focus their attention on that :/

True, so I suggest Triumph releasing it on Monday. (actually tomorrow but I think a day before release is more realistic). 😀

Kind regards,

Low

Gyor

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Low_K wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ferrin wrote:</div><br>

*snipped*

Kind regards,

Low

Ah, did not know that!

Dame* Tibbles is the correct equivalent of what I meant. ^^

Ah, I can’t wait to scour the world of the living in a 2v6 AI map with my friend.

I guess Low K decided to give Tibbles a promotion 🙂

EXECNOIR

True, so I suggest Triumph releasing it on Monday. (actually tomorrow but I think a day before release is more realistic). :D

Kind regards,

Low

Actually, right now would be a most optimal time for release. This monday was easter, most students enjoy their spring break this week. And of course, that would spare me a whole week of staring soullessly at the monitor.

I shall play Age of Wonders and keep doing the campaign over and over again until I get it down and know it like the back of my hand.

DragonWolf87

I’m in a bit of a “different” situation.

With the limited time that I have, I’m rushing to finish the Commonwealths campaign. That way I’ll at least have vanilla campaigns with both routes completed. My real problem is that I’m “dying” to play Tigrans, but I wonder if I should finish the Halflings campaign first to proceed through things chronologically…

Oh, an aside from that I’m playing Hearthstone, so my pain is not of your veteran players magnitude 😛

Jolly Joker

I may be wrong, but I think the PATCH will come first: No EL, before the patch isn’t officially greenlighted (I’ma GOGger). Relistically, I expect the last Beta-Patch version end of Friday, so that until Monday it will be clear whether the patch will be free of major issues. Official patch out on Monday evening or Tuesday morning, followed by EL at 18:00 CET. 🙂
    Those six days will be over in no time, compared with the time I’ve been already waiting to play this.

I’ve actually decided already, NOT to play everything new at the same time – so I will NOT play a Frostling Necro with Shadowborn specialization first, but instead something like a Goblin Warlord or ArchDruid with a new specialization, making sure to meet Necro, Tigrans and Frostlings as opponents, in order to check racial governance, events, different water situation, new victory condition and new locations first. 🙂

Can’t remember the last time I was so keen on spending money on a computer game addon/dlc.

By the way, I justlistened to Part 2 of Explorminate’s Lennart Sas interview, and I was really happy with the way Lennart managed that one. 🙂

Now, the one question that COULD have shed light onto future things they did NOT ask, and that’s the question, PROVIDED sales of EL will be excellent, so that another addon(s) would be possible financially – are there already solid ideas what to do next?

DragonWolf87

Well there’s plenty of ideas (just search through this forum). From what I see many people are rooting for Shadow Demons and/or (living) Archons comeback. There you have it. Though we already have a “dark/evil” race with the appearance of Necromancers, an idea for a Shadow Demons attack and Archons coming back from the Shadow Realm to fight them writes itself down… (Shadow Demons Necromancer, IF they made them a playable race :P). Syrons are also an option.

Well, there’s also a lizard race in previous games which I would be very interested in, but we already have Draconians and Naga so it has a little chance of happening.

In the subject of the races I mentioned it seems, that at least to some point, devs have incorporated some of their elements into AoE III existing races or minor factions. The only ones really lacking in this matter are Demons imo.

Btw, do we have a lock-down on every new unit in EL? Is there a chance for another dragon? Maybe Faerie Dragon? Or will they save it for yet another expansion 😀

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.