A question to tombles

Weโ€™ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Balance A question to tombles

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Fenraellis 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

haloloki

So just over a week ago i made the suggestion to give bard taunt instead of dominate and after a bit of discussion you went ahead with it. There was one thing you said that if you did make the change that you thought it might be UP, what are your thoughts on it now? do they need a buff or are you happy with where they are now?

I strangely haven’t played a rogue to dark pact since this change so i have no opinion on there current strength that is why i ask

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum its sorta of a idk where to put it topic lol

NuMetal

Hi haloloki,

I think it would be best to post this question in the thread where you originally asked. This way Tombles will automatically be informed and you also don’t spam the forums with new threads.
    Also in general it’d be good to always search if something has already been brought up before starting a new topic about it. The topic http://ageofwonders.com/forums/topic/high-elf-union-guard/ for example could better have been posted in this already existing thread http://ageofwonders.com/forums/topic/give-elf-swordsmen-a-little-something/.
    The search function is on the top right of the website.

Also I don’t know if you already read this somewhere, but they have stopped implementing any new things balancewise or other because the game will be released in a few days.
    But don’t worry about your suggestion being forgotten, the devs never forget! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Kind regards

NuMetal

Tombles
    Keymaster

I see all!

Or at least, other people see all and tell me about it via IM…

I think having just Taunt is fine for now. It is one of the earliest and cheapest rogue units, so giving it something like Mark Blood Sacrifice, though funny, would probably be a bit too much. There’s always later patches if we need to come back and look at it again though!

ninninnin

i hope at some point they can change the projectile bards shoot from arrows to music notes.

Ferrin

i hope at some point they can change the projectile bards shoot from arrows to music notes.

I hope this never happens.

Fenraellis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ninninnin wrote:</div>

I’m inclined to agree with Ferrin here, within the scope of the game itself.

Syrris

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ninninnin wrote:</div>

If the bards were shown as carrying bagpipes, I’d go for it, if only as an homage to the Wizardry series. ๐Ÿ™‚

Gyor

If the bards were carrying bagpipes I’d surrender on the promise they never play them. Even the best most skilled bagpipers sound like a cat being nuetered with salt encrusted rusty butter knife in surround sound, and those with no skill are more like a disharmonious chorus of Lovecraftian Gods vomitting out sounds so abhorrent to reality, that the ear scarring sound makes the soul shearing shriek of an orgasming Banshee backed up by yowling racoons sounds like a legion of heavenly goddesses in comparesion.

PS maybe there should be a dedicated ask Tombles thread.

Ferrin

If the bards were carrying bagpipes Iโ€™d surrender on the promise they never play them. Even the best most skilled bagpipers sound like a cat being nuetered with salt encrusted rusty butter knife in surround sound, and those with no skill are more like a disharmonious chorus of Lovecraftian Gods vomitting out sounds so abhorrent to reality, that the ear scarring sound makes the soul shearing shriek of an orgasming Banshee backed up by yowling racoons sounds like a legion of heavenly goddess in comparesion.

PS maybe there should be a dedicated ask Tombles thread.

I think that’s giving bagpipes a bit to much credit!

I disagree with there being a dedicated “Ask Tombles” thread. I think it’s better if questions are asked within the community in threads dedicated to those issues. That way the devs can still answer, but they may not need to depending on the answers the people of the community give. It would also stagnate discussion in the board itself if everyone only relies on a source that doesn’t always have time for it while the questions asked could spark a discussion.

Motasa

If the bards were shown as carrying bagpipes, Iโ€™d go for it, if only as an homage to the Wizardry series.

It would be funny if every bard would carry different instruments according to their respective race. ๐Ÿ˜€

Say, for example, Humans with guitars or similar string-instrument, Elves with harps, Dwarves with bagpipes (since seeing the Hobbit-movies, I can’t see Dwarves as not being stereotypical Scottish, thanks Billy Connolly :)), Halflings with flutes, Orcs with drums, etc. etc.

Fenraellis

It would be funny if every bard would carry different instruments according to their respective race. ๐Ÿ˜€

Say, for example, Humans with guitars or similar string-instrument, Elves with harps, Dwarves with bagpipes (since seeing the Hobbit-movies, I canโ€™t see Dwarves as not being stereotypical Scottish, thanks Billy Connolly ๐Ÿ™‚ ), Halflings with flutes, Orcs with drums, etc. etc.

It would add an excellent touch of flavor. Although, I would do something more like:
    Elves with the current Harps(or fancier ones ;)), or perhaps a Lyre
    Humans with Lutes
    Dwarves with Bagpipes, sure why not. Or one of the bigger Horn instruments.
    Halflings with Panflutes, rather than basic flutes.
    Orcs with War Drums of some sort.
    Draconians with War Horns of some sort. Maybe?
    Tigrans with Sistrum or Tambourine(instruments used in Egypt).
    Frostlings with (magical)Ice Chimes.

Motasa

And Goblins with a brass instrument, full of toxic saliva ๐Ÿ˜€

Fenraellis

I felt like I was missing something….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.