About vanishing heroes…

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions About vanishing heroes…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jakjak 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

MartyD81

There is something that annoys me about the heroes wanting to join the player’s empire but getting dumped. When they are not accepted for a couple of turns, they just vanish into the void. The question is – why not let them engage in adventuring on the map like other independent units do? They are on their own, surely, but it would be better to know that they die somewhere in a creepy dungeon rather than see them disappear for no reason. For them to be able to survive longer, I would grant them the ability to make certain independent groups join them. Some day those turned-down heroes would confront me for not accepting them into my ranks back then…
    Does anybody else find this somewhat annoying? Or is this just a little detail that’s typically barely noticed? Thanks for any replies.

Harleyquin14

I’d always treated heroes I couldn’t hire as mercenaries who lost patience and upped sticks to find another master.

Always made a point to get them as soon as they arrived or latest the next day. I like heroes as army commanders.

Ericridge

Do they disappear for good or go back to recruitment pool?

Szeron

As far as I can tell, they don’t show up for anyone else either once they’ve been declined.. which is mildly annoying.

It might be interesting if neutral cities recruited a hero to lead them – likewise special heros for settlements(that could potentially be converted/quested for).

MartyD81

As far as I can tell, they don’t show up for anyone else either once they’ve been declined.. which is mildly annoying.

It might be interesting if neutral cities recruited a hero to lead them – likewise special heros for settlements(that could potentially be converted/quested for).

That’s essentially what I was thinking about. That would probably make this “kind” of heroes and neutral cities more interesting – a force to be reckoned with at all times.

And I agree with you that heroes not showing up for hire with other factions is somewhat strange. Why would they insist on joining my empire in the first place while they could try their luck somewhere else?

jakjak

I kill heros I dont want or cant afford

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.