AD Summons

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

This topic contains 163 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  ExNihil 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 151 through 164 (of 164 total)
  • Author

ExNihil

A bit yes cuz’ crows are very very mobile and have huge vision range. This doesn’t preclude introducing it though on a medal or through tech rather than at baseline.

Akinaba

A bit yes cuz’ crows are very very mobile and have huge vision range. This doesn’t preclude introducing it though on a medal or through tech rather than at baseline.

Kinda yes, not considered their visual range. Compareing to hunters it’s really HUGE advantage, ’cause for now vision range for hunters is poor as for other scouts.

NINJEW

More OP then parking a Hunter far in the forest behind the enemy lines an having a nice invisible overwatch from there?

yeah cause you’d have to spend forever maneuvering your hunter around back to do that because hunters can’t fly and you’d get less vision range on it and hunters come out later and are harder to replace in the field because they aren’t a summon

NINJEW

crows with urban concealment at gold wouldn’t ever come into play, but it would be kinda funny

urban concealment at bronze i’m a bit torn on, but i think i’d rather not see it in the game

ExNihil

I meant through Urban Cover 😃

NINJEW

abundant crows with Goldmine Concealment would be kinda OP for rogue

Loki-330

Hey, new guy here just adding his opinion.

Personally, I like the warg and boar, but I think if the evolution way is taken to make them more attractive-make the warg ‘just’ a wolf, and the wolf in turn can ‘evolve’ into a pack alpha (buff wolves in the stack, encouraging you to use them as a wolfpack?) or a dire wolf (‘just’ a bigger, nastier wolf) while the warg is bumped up to tier 2 summons and buffed with nastier abilities.

Alternatively I saw Overwhelm suggested somewhere, and that’s a nice idea. I think giving both the warg and boar some better combat abilities would make it more desirable, even if they’re locked to experience levels. The blight boar suffers the same problem I think-if it was given disgusting stentch or something to help it on level up, that too would make it more useful.

A slightly wackier idea could be simply dropping xp caps. If they could level up (and by extension, hit champion for the extra health) more easily, that too would make them more combat viable later on in the game.

NINJEW

warg already has overwhelm

xp caps are determined by tier, as are non-ability rewards. i don’t know if triumph wants to mess with that too much.

quo

crows with urban concealment at gold wouldn’t ever come into play, but it would be kinda funny

Funnily enough, Cherubs get Resurgence on Gold, which is kind of insanely awesome, just no one actually gets a Cherub that high. 🙂

Ericridge

Funnily enough, Cherubs get Resurgence on Gold, which is kind of insanely awesome, just no one actually gets a Cherub that high. :)

I once did. Then he got killed by a wandering bone dragon. ;_;

Mourioche

[Idea for AD summon]
    Instead of obtain a totally random animal with summons spell, is it possible to obtain animal adapted(*) to the land where summon spell is cast ?
    (*) adapted = who like or not dislike this land – For example:
    – If you summon animal in artic land, you can have a polar bear, mammoth, pinguin but you cannot have a tiger or a boar.
    – If you summon animal in jungle, you could have a tiger, elephant, but never a polar bear.
    This is both for a ‘roleplay’ aspect and for the game because the summoned animal will not have moral penalty (until you move it an a land it dislike… But i think a ‘true AD’ should respect animals and never order a pinguin to go in a jungle…)

Fenraellis

Don’t take this the wrong way, Mourioche but… you should probably actually read the thread. Especially considering a variation of your stated idea was actually the main topic of discussion for a good while. Although I don’t believe anybody was recommending circumstantially entirely removing certain units(at least not more than once, offhandedly, perhaps?) from the summon pool before, so that much is new. Not something I personally agree with, but fairly new.

ExNihil

It was discussed as an option. Some animals only available on x Terrain or type type.

ExNihil

Well, I gotta say Invigorate is way, way way too powerful, you can chain it indefinitely, it gotta get a round timer in the very least or be one x1 battle.

Viewing 14 posts - 151 through 164 (of 164 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.