Age of Wonders 1 Campaign

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making Age of Wonders 1 Campaign

This topic contains 80 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  BLOODYBATTLEBRAIN 5 years ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 81 total)
  • Author

Gloweye

First Release!

Get it here on Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/ageofwonders3/mods/2/?

Since it’s 3:30 AM here, I’m uploading to steam most likely tomorrow.

I’ve prepared some forums over there for all of you to leave feedback when you got it. Of course, I’ll be reading this thread as well as the steam forums once I got it uploaded there.

Be sure to read installation and known issues notes.

Happy Campaigning Everyone!

quo

Congrats! It may be a little while before I get a chance to check it out. Thanks for your hard work on this.

@ Gloweye, you forget to mention Humans were modded too.

Also, I uploaded aow1 machines mod which has Dwarf specific machines such as the Bombard, and also brings back the Air Galley. That should be attached as well.

Caveat- you need to use your imagination as we lack models for most machines.

Gloweye

@ Gloweye, you forget to mention Humans were modded too.

They were? Well, they aren’t in the campaign maps anywhere, so I guess I’ll just update the description.

iceboy

Tried the campaign and I see multiple campaigns? I get this error?

Attachments:

Charlatan

Gloweye

That assertion is harmless, as noted on the Nexus page. You can just click OK and play it.

Multiple campaigns…that wasn’t part of the plan. Should be only 1 .acd file in there. It should be just the Cult of Storms, black background with x2 cult logo, and four lines describing their goals. That’s the only campaign file in there, unless something went horribly wrong.

@charlatan: your pics don’t seem to be working for me? Anyway, maybe ask BBB – he was working on the humans.

I also can’t see the pictures.

In any case, the model from SM looks better imho, single bag as opposed to the double bag of AoW1.

I’m assuming you were asking about models…?

iceboy

That assertion is harmless, as noted on the Nexus page. You can just click OK and play it.

Multiple campaigns…that wasn’t part of the plan. Should be only 1 .acd file in there. It should be just the Cult of Storms, black background with x2 cult logo, and four lines describing their goals. That’s the only campaign file in there, unless something went horribly wrong.

@charlatan: your pics don’t seem to be working for me? Anyway, maybe ask BBB – he was working on the humans.

Ok thanks! Here is what I am seeing:

Attachments:

Gloweye

Well, that’s…weird. Looks like something went wrong with unpacking. I assume you downloaded just the all-in-one?

I’d suggest you have a look in the files. In Age of Wonders 1 Campaign/Campaigns, there should be a single file titled Cult of Storms.acd, sized around 4397 bytes. If there’s more than that one, delete every copy, starting with those having the wrong size.

iceboy

Well, that’s…weird. Looks like something went wrong with unpacking. I assume you downloaded just the all-in-one?

I’d suggest you have a look in the files. In Age of Wonders 1 Campaign/Campaigns, there should be a single file titled Cult of Storms.acd, sized around 4397 bytes. If there’s more than that one, delete every copy, starting with those having the wrong size.

Well that is what is weird because that I only have that single file in there. I re-download off nexus and see if that fixes it…Have you uploaded to steam yet?

iceboy

Hmmm I re-downloaded and still get the same thing. Very strange…

Maybe the steam version will not do that…

Gloweye

Steam’s coming soon, just waiting for the descriptions for Goblin/Halfling/Human/Dwarf races.

You removed the other version before you reinstalled? Checked whether you maybe checked a duplicate in the launcher?

I loaded it like a hundred times and never had it.

I’ll upload the updated version to Steam this weekend.

Charlatan

I also can’t see the pictures.

In any case, the model from SM looks better imho, single bag as opposed to the double bag of AoW1.

I’m assuming you were asking about models…?

Odd, the pics were normal gifs from AOW Heaven. And yes, I was asking because of the model.

I corrected the pics and may have a model for you in some time.

That’s wonderful news!

iceboy

Steam’s coming soon, just waiting for the descriptions for Goblin/Halfling/Human/Dwarf races.

You removed the other version before you reinstalled? Checked whether you maybe checked a duplicate in the launcher?

I loaded it like a hundred times and never had it.

Yes removed the other version. No duplicates. Hopefully the steam version will fix this…

Charlatan

I made this (twice due to a software error just when it was finished the first time ._.)

The problem is, Blender Import/Export still causes trouble with the Rigs, and I didn’t get around to check that yet.

I either need someone to find out what is wrong there, or someone who can correctly export this in another program.

That…was fast.

That’s beautiful.

Small requests: Either the balloon bit to be bigger, or the cabin (ship) bit to be smaller.

Reduce the size of those spikey bits…

Can you also test what it would look like to have the cabin directly join the balloon?

Gloweye

wow….that looks awesome.

Don’t know how occupied you are with your own projects…but do you have time for a ballista? It’s the oldest mod made by a non-dev, and it’s still lacking a decent model…

Charlatan

That…was fast.

That’s beautiful.

Small requests: Either the balloon bit to be bigger, or the cabin (ship) bit to be smaller.

Reduce the size of those spikey bits…

Can you also test what it would look like to have the cabin directly join the balloon?

It’s just the normal ship spiced up 😉

I will apply those changes, though the spikes were meant to be a kind of landing frame or chassis.

wow….that looks awesome.

Don’t know how occupied you are with your own projects…but do you have time for a ballista? It’s the oldest mod made by a non-dev, and it’s still lacking a decent model…

I did realize I drifted away from my own projects to make this Airship and the Haunted Inn first today, and wanted to dedicate some more time, but a ballista should be fine ^^

Since we cannot edit the skeletons (rigs) it would not have an actual animation when shooting though.

Charlatan

PS: The Baloon and it’s rings SHOULD be Player-Colored ingame since it uses the warship texture.

Charlatan

Balloon 30% bigger
    Spikes 30% smaller

Directly Connected

LordCameron

I’m not a part of this, but I just wanted to jump in and say that balloon looks absolutely amazing.

Dr_K

I made this (twice due to a software error just when it was finished the first time ._.)

That is fantastic! I’m always impressed at how fast people get at 3D modelling.

The problem is, Blender Import/Export still causes trouble with the Rigs, and I didn’t get around to check that yet.

I either need someone to find out what is wrong there, or someone who can correctly export this in another program.

Ryukra was working on it a bit ago, and I think the result was that none of the Blender exports work correctly due to something that it does to the skeleton. So, you will have to find someone else who has a version of maya that can export it correctly. I believe Tibbles said she had success of attaching the rig to the skeleton with a maya (2012?) export.

Charlatan

I appreciate that people enjoy the model, but It should be clarified that my actual creation in this is roughly 33% only.

As everyone surely can see, this is basically the normal ingame Warship, but modified: reshaped, remade half the hull to fit in 5 spikes, some bits removed, baloon created.

Gloweye

@iceboy

I had an idea what it might could have been. Can you make a screenshot from your AoW1 campaign map in the User Content folder?

I’m afraid your launcher is unpacking the .taf files again and again…

Thariorn

I appreciate that people enjoy the model, but It should be clarified that my actual creation in this is roughly 33% only.

As everyone surely can see, this is basically the normal ingame Warship, but modified: reshaped, remade half the hull to fit in 5 spikes, some bits removed, baloon created.

33% is still more than zero though 😀

@ Charlatan, it’s 100% as far as I’m concerned.

I like both of these.

I prefer the latter but the gf says the former is better…

Sorry to hear ppl have had issues. Has anyone managed to play the campaign yet?

We’re dying for feedback on how the maps feel, how the races feel and also how the altered classes feel.

Gloweye changed a few classes so basically we need you to answer:

Does it feel like AoW1?

Is it fun?

Where’s the imba?

And yes please to a ballista model!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.