Age of Wonders 1 Campaign

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making Age of Wonders 1 Campaign

This topic contains 80 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  BLOODYBATTLEBRAIN 5 years ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • Author

Gloweye

Gloweye changed a few classes so basically we need you to answer:

Does it feel like AoW1?

A note to this: Does it feel like AoW minus the sphere’s of magic? Cause those are WIP.

@BBB: Could you download the set from the nexus and see if you can reproduce the problem(campaign showing up multiple times)? Cause I’m having that exact set of mods here, and I can’t reproduce it. I’m afraid the game’s unpacking the .taf files.

Should be able to do so tonight.

Charlatan

I got a delivery for you.

Now the question remains: how can we get Blender to work with this, or will someone else finalize the models for you?

Here’s the detailed problem:

=> Blender gets the Armature wrong when exporting to Collada, among other possible problems, the Bones have the wrong names and don’t fit the ingame Rig.

=> The models ARE Weight-Painted, and the paint should be okay, need a small improvement at most. I merely cannot export it.

=> I would prefer if we found a solution to the Blender Export problem so I can do it myself, but I can send you the models anytime in .obj or .fbx format so some non-blender user can re-export them for you.

Ballista

Gloweye

Looks great man.

And the modelling…is sadly all Chinese to me. Is there a 3D-noob friendly way you can tell me to get that into the content editor, or does it basically mean:

We got a nice model, but you’re still screwed.

*sacrifices a pure bred white Calf*

Summons Tibbles?

Maybe I should just free it instead?

Charlatan

Getting a new model into the content editor is extremely simple, a matter of seconds. But it will not work ingame, yet.

Importing CLB

After this, On the top window we would then have to set a Rig from the Battering Ram similar to how we took the Material from the Battering Ram earlier. But that won’t work. The skeleton as seen in the lower window near the end is all labeled “skeleton” something, instead of the original names the bones should use

Hm, seems I forgot to set capture mouse cursor.

So this means:

We got two nice models awaiting a solution that will definitely be found, but takes time.

Medic-Tank

I gotta say Charlatan you are a magician at reusing and getting the best of existing models and textures i was stunned by both your airship and ballista. Modding in general is going at an extremely impressive pace.

Charlatan

I gotta say Charlatan you are a magician at reusing and getting the best of existing models and textures i was stunned by both your airship and ballista. Modding in general is going at an extremely impressive pace.

Thanks, it was kinda fun to make them too.

But all the more reason to find someone who can re-export properly. This is Gloweye’s and BBB’s project and topic after all, I don’t seek to intrude 😉

iceboy

Another assertion error:

Attachments:

Gloweye

Another assertion error:

Thanks for reporting, but I’m a bit at a loss about how that happened…since in the version I backed up when I published, it claims to have a different ID, as well as a different name.

You had that message in the map editor?

EDIT: Attached screenshot

iceboy

Another assertion error:

Thanks for reporting, but I’m a bit at a loss about how that happened…since in the version I backed up when I published, it claims to have a different ID, as well as a different name.

You had that message in the map editor?

EDIT: Attached screenshot

No idea? I get the message when I load up the game not the editor. Could it be a conflict with another mod?

iceboy

Using your steam mods btw

Gloweye

Always good to mention.

It can’t really be a conflict with another mod and mine, though it could be just another mod – most likely one that somehow adds the kobold to the orc race, and a modder forget to copy twice+ delete first copy.

I can’t load up the steam version of the mod, but neither can I remember ever fixing this bug, so it’s a bit weird. I’ll re-upload my mod. If the issue persists, I think it’s inside another mod.

Dr_K

Has anyone managed to play the campaign yet?

Currently playing through it. I did have a bunch of duplicate campaigns show up upon installation, but the top one works for me.

Does it feel like AoW1?

You mean in the sense that I will over extend or scout too far with too few units and then meet stacks of enemies from nowhere to put me back in my place? Then yes.

I think I might need more time to adjust to it since I only recently started. It currently feels more like AoW3, probably due to the fact that is the art style. I’ll keep you posted.

iceboy

Always good to mention.

It can’t really be a conflict with another mod and mine, though it could be just another mod – most likely one that somehow adds the kobold to the orc race, and a modder forget to copy twice+ delete first copy.

I can’t load up the steam version of the mod, but neither can I remember ever fixing this bug, so it’s a bit weird. I’ll re-upload my mod. If the issue persists, I think it’s inside another mod.

I checked out the other unit mods I use and none of them add the Kobold so it is your mod. Ill see if the reupload fixes it.

iceboy

Ok the reupload seems to have fixed it!

iceboy

Oh nevermind it did not pop up on launching game but it popped back up on loading my game.

Also looks like someone else above is also experiencing the multiple campaign issue…

Attachments:

iceboy

I also get this assertion bug when I move around on the map but have no idea what is causing it?

Attachments:

Tonight I’ll upload everything I have.

Gloweye

I also get this assertion bug when I move around on the map but have no idea what is causing it?

First time a Northern Glow is selected. After that, impossible to reproduce, and does not interrupt gameplay. I’m looking into it.

Ok uploading stuff my end.

Go to my workshop and download the stuff there by myself and Gloweye.

Keep the campaign.acp and my aow1mod. acp separate. I have no idea why but when they were in the same folder, no mods would load whatsoever.

When I separated them, things worked perfectly.

I blame code Gremlins.

I particularly recommend you guys abuse the Orc Glutton and Shaman combo before we nerf it. It’s beautiful ;).

Dr_K

I particularly recommend you guys abuse the Orc Glutton and Shaman combo before we nerf it. It’s beautiful ;).

Note to self. 🙂

What was your expected turn completion of the first map? I finished it in 12 turns. I don’t remember finishing any AoW mission that fast, except maybe the tutorial.

You might need to change something with the AI level or unit priority in the first mission. She charged two of my stacks (no leader) on a bridge map and lost. It’s very easy to assassinate someone when they walk right into a battle in your favor.

Gloweye

Note to self. :)

What was your expected turn completion of the first map? I finished it in 12 turns. I don’t remember finishing any AoW mission that fast, except maybe the tutorial.

You might need to change something with the AI level or unit priority in the first mission. She charged two of my stacks (no leader) on a bridge map and lost. It’s very easy to assassinate someone when they walk right into a battle in your favor.

Not much we can tell the AI to prioritize. However, AI is aware of losing Elwyn = Death.(since Throne Cities are disabled). Elwyn also got at least 3 times your starting army, but a bit more spread out.

As for turn completion, the only reliable way to do it in AOW 1 was to rush her. At least, that’s what I always did. I suppose you can get up there and start fighting a slow, bloody war, but hey, it’s an assassination, not a siege.

Oh man…now I want to see these into the oficial game – the Balista and Air Baloon – maybe Balista as extra non-class T2/T3 unit, and air baloon as a non-recruitable unit that can be gained by quests/rewards only.

Btw, amazing job, are these in the campaign? Because that alone is enough reason to play the campaign for me! xD

Dr_K

Not much we can tell the AI to prioritize. However, AI is aware of losing Elwyn = Death.(since Throne Cities are disabled). Elwyn also got at least 3 times your starting army, but a bit more spread out.

It seemed like that was the case. I wasn’t sure if there was any scripting that could be done to tell the AI to keep unit X at hex/area Y. So that you actually had to go assassinate instead of waiting for the AI to gather her forces and come find you.

As for turn completion, the only reliable way to do it in AOW 1 was to rush her. At least, that’s what I always did. I suppose you can get up there and start fighting a slow, bloody war, but hey, it’s an assassination, not a siege.

I figured the rush would be the way to play it, but I dawdled a little bit while exploring the map and trying to avoid her forces on my way there. Then out of nowhere she attacks and loses. Fun, but sort of anticlimactic.

Gloweye

I wasn’t sure if there was any scripting that could be done to tell the AI to keep unit X at hex/area Y. So that you actually had to go assassinate instead of waiting for the AI to gather her forces and come find you.

There’s AI blockers. But I don’t want to use them to much, and it kind of decreases replay value – I think it’s more fun if you can find her at a completely different place in your next attempt.

iceboy

Ok uploading stuff my end.

Go to my workshop and download the stuff there by myself and Gloweye.

Keep the campaign.acp and my aow1mod. acp separate. I have no idea why but when they were in the same folder, no mods would load whatsoever.

When I separated them, things worked perfectly.

I blame code Gremlins.

Will not load because of duplicates?

Not sure I understand the question iceboy?

In the original campaign I finished mission one in under 10 turns once I believe.

I’ll load it up again but when I made this map originally, I made it quite difficult, accounting for AoW3 mechanics where everything can hurt you and as Goblins, on this map, you have no healing and no economy.

Things may have been changed since then.

iceboy

Not sure I understand the question iceboy?

In the original campaign I finished mission one in under 10 turns once I believe.

I’ll load it up again but when I made this map originally, I made it quite difficult, accounting for AoW3 mechanics where everything can hurt you and as Goblins, on this map, you have no healing and no economy.

Things may have been changed since then.

Sorry let me rephrase. I subscribed to all of the steam mods you uploaded but when I press play the game will not load because its says there are duplicates…

iceboy

First time a Northern Glow is selected. After that, impossible to reproduce, and does not interrupt gameplay. I’m looking into it.

I don’t get it from selecting a Northern Glow but just by scrolling the map…

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.