Age of Wonders 1 Campaign

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making Age of Wonders 1 Campaign

This topic contains 80 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  BLOODYBATTLEBRAIN 5 years ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 61 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • Author

Well, that is…strange.

I have them here and when I check them in the launcher, the game works fine.

I’m concerned by this, and starting to think maybe the only real solution is merging all of these mods into one mod?

@ Iceboy, can you do me a favour and click just one of the mods and see what effect it has.

Gloweye

I don’t get it from selecting a Northern Glow but just by scrolling the map…

That’s weird. Possible you had a Glow coming into existance on the map when you had it?

Maybe putting them into a single folder is troubling stuff, but I’ve done it more than a couple of times before, and that’s all working fine. I had a PBEM game with Thariorn where I had put the three mods inside a single folder, Thariorn hadn’t, and we could play just fine.

iceboy

BBB tried downloading just one part and still would not work. When I subscribe to all of them there are duplicates in each folder so game will not launch. One in one is probably the way to go…

iceboy

Meant all in one probably best above.

Now unsubcribing from the BBB ones and resubcribing to the Gloweye ones I am just getting this now assertion weird…

Attachments:

iceboy

iceboy

Gloweye

those assertions means that he got some..ugly copying going on. He forgot to copy twice and delete the first copy. Thanks for confirming it weren’t our mods.

Forgetting to double copy ate a mod of mine I believe.

Now I’m anal about it lol.

Easy mistake though.

@ Iceboy, does this mean you CAN actually play our mods?

I highly recommend even jut random maps, disabling non modded races, for some fun.

Having an army with 3 different T4s is quite nice, because thankfully the AI will build them.

If nothing else, just extra T4s in the game is a lot of fun.

If you can play then please, we desperately need feedback on:

New units (interracial synergy, are they fun, are they useful, are the up/op?)

New buildings (we added quite a few. Are they fun and thematic, or just taking up space? Do you feel they are useful as well?)

The campaign maps. I spent a tonne of time on those but I probably forgot 101 details. If there are any horrible errors then I need to know sooner rather than later so I can correct them.

NB Thariorn did the Flowershire map.

Is the scripting working?

Can we improve how the story is communicated?

Gloweye

And if you break it, please note how. I believe I closed all holes, so if it goes wrong I’m very interested in the method.

iceboy

Forgetting to double copy ate a mod of mine I believe.

Now I’m anal about it lol.

Easy mistake though.

@ Iceboy, does this mean you CAN actually play our mods?

I highly recommend even jut random maps, disabling non modded races, for some fun.

Having an army with 3 different T4s is quite nice, because thankfully the AI will build them.

If nothing else, just extra T4s in the game is a lot of fun.

If you can play then please, we desperately need feedback on:

New units (interracial synergy, are they fun, are they useful, are the up/op?)

New buildings (we added quite a few. Are they fun and thematic, or just taking up space? Do you feel they are useful as well?)

The campaign maps. I spent a tonne of time on those but I probably forgot 101 details. If there are any horrible errors then I need to know sooner rather than later so I can correct them.

NB Thariorn did the Flowershire map.

Can we improve how the story is communicated?

It means I can only play the all in one mad from the Nexus upload. On steam I can only play the individual mods Gloweye uploaded and your ballista mod. All of the new ones you uploaded I cannot play at all because I get the double resources error.

Gilafron

What is the double copy? Sounds like something important for modding.

@ Gilafron, most modding here, e.g. of units, is done by copy pasting an existing unit or ability, then editing it.

E.g. I copy the Human Cavalry unit, give it a Berserker Rider, and call it a Raider. Voilà ‘new’ unit.

You need to copy the ability, then copy it again, then delete the first copy, otherwise the system sometimes thinks there are multiple copies of exactly the same thing, which is not good when the system is trying to place that unit etc.

@ Iceboy, have you tried disabling the other (non AoW) mods?

I suspect that as the all in one used the aow1 mod as a base, then added the campaign maps, that the system might be confusing it with the new aow1 mod.

I think I’m probably best off just modding the all in one, gradually adding in the racial mods into it.

It’s potentially boring work, with a chance to break things, but ultimately I think having just one mod makes for a better user experience.

Gloweye

I think I’m probably best off just modding the all in one, gradually adding in the racial mods into it.

It’s potentially boring work, with a chance to break things, but ultimately I think having just one mod makes for a better user experience.

I must drop in to kindly disagree here. If we just watch what we’re doing, there’s no risk at all. Just one mod is much more prone to bugs which are going to be much harder to find.

iceboy

Getting this error now:

Attachments:

iceboy

Gloweye

I think all of that is because of that mod. We don’t have a localization file of that name.

iceboy

I think all of that is because of that mod. We don’t have a localization file of that name.

Hmm removed that mod but I still get:

One is AOW1 Mod

One is Dark Elf Mod

Attachments:

Gloweye

There’s one bad/unfilled description from whatever mod by shaitas(dark elf?), and it seems like BBB has an empty localization field in his XML.

It’s harmless though, even though it’s not really neat.

You can actually fix them yourself, by opening up the XML files and removing the specified entries, or filling them in.

iceboy

Have you guys updated this yet? Has anyone gotten the steam version to work?

Gloweye

I’m kinda screwed for time. I’ll have a look whenever I have some.

@ Iceboy, I should be doing some work on this in November.

Viewing 21 posts - 61 through 81 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.