Age of Wonders 3 Database/Online Tome of Wonders for Units!

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Age of Wonders 3 Database/Online Tome of Wonders for Units!

This topic contains 76 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by  Tibbles 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author

Arlow

happy birthday!
    this is great of you, and i will be thinking of you from the toilet

lucidorf

Great work… and considering it is was(?) your birthday, I feel almost bad pointing out things that are missing… like:
    1) Tame Trolls (available for Goblins)
    2) The physical resistance icon for Water Elementals

SiaFu

Great job!

I must compliment the layout and design – everything is very handy and intuitive. Especially how you’ve got orange background for racial traits, purple for special abilities etc. so it’s very easy to compare the same type of unit across races.

A lot of work has gone into this – and it shows.

AwesomeLion

Amazing work Tibbles as always. Enjoy the birthday party =)

Dagoth Ur

Great work Tibbles! Happy birthday apparently!

Yigg

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Buczer wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Zaskow wrote:</div><br>
    Suggestion: add prices on all units.

+1

its important.

Yeah, already said i was going to add this, I agree. Going to add stuff like “unlocks from barracks” too

This will be really helpful when planning cities. The database is great!

I don’t know how complicated this would be, but eventually I’d like to be able to look up effects special locations can have on production options in cities, and on their produced units. For example, having a Crystal Tree in your domain allows production of Enchanted Armory, which gives armored units +2 defense +1 resistance. Maybe that could even be listed under each armored unit as a potential upgrade…

Thanks so much, this is just what AoW 3 needed. Happy Birthday!

lavexis

hi Tibbles ..great work btw
    Is it possible for you to add some kind of strategy for each class/race/specialization ? i know that will be a ton of work, but i think it will be worth it.

Also is it possible for me to add you on steam if you have steam account ?
    my steam is Lavexis ( US )

esvath

Another visual bug: you wrote “Draconian Sorcerer” in High Elf page. It should be “High Elf Sorcerer”. The link is fine, though.

hilfazer

Descriptions of Charge and Devastating Charge are swapped.

Nymphs are T3 instead of T2.

Tibbles

I don’t know how complicated this would be, but eventually I’d like to be able to look up effects special locations can have on production options in cities, and on their produced units. For example, having a Crystal Tree in your domain allows production of Enchanted Armory, which gives armored units +2 defense +1 resistance. Maybe that could even be listed under each armored unit as a potential upgrade…

I’d like to add some info on locations, I’ll have to see how to best add it 🙂

hi Tibbles ..great work btw<br>
    Is it possible for you to add some kind of strategy for each class/race/specialization ? i know that will be a ton of work, but i think it will be worth it.

Also is it possible for me to add you on steam if you have steam account ?<br>

I think the Wikia has some info on strategy, I’ll add links to it, I think Gloweye is fine with that 🙂

I’m Minionslayer(Tibbles) on steam, same avatar!

Another visual bug: you wrote “Draconian Sorcerer” in High Elf page. It should be “High Elf Sorcerer”. The link is fine, though.

Fixing these ASAP, thanks for reporting

Also thanks for all the birthday wishes <3

Dr_K

lavexis wrote:

hi Tibbles ..great work btw<br>

Also is it possible for me to add you on steam if you have steam account ?<br>

I think the Wikia has some info on strategy, I’ll add links to it, I think Gloweye is fine with that 🙂

I don’t think anyone has managed to get strategy for everything because there are >25000 combinations taking into account race, class, and specializations. I’m not sure what kind of write-ups you are looking for.

For specializations this is by far the best strategy/overview of them I have seen
    http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=247323957

For Races, there are writeups on each of their pages on the wiki (maybe excluding the new races) that give a summary and good class pairings. Not very specific on what to do but a decent overview.
    Ex: Orcs–http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Orcs

For classes, I haven’t seen anything particularly helpful that tries to cover all classes, but there was a nice writeup by Garresh on tons of rogue strategies
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mo-JmPYwoXIPgLOzNdz79Lxr2_oKjHNbWG0Od1mlBvs/edit

We transferred a few to wiki, maybe I’ll get around to transferring the rest eventually.
    http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Qwaeb
    http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Gloweye/Bard_Spam_-_by_Garresh

There was a bunch of info dumped in the meta thread that garresh’s tome came out of, but no one actually tried to compile all of it. Also, I don’t think they ever finished what they started to do in that thread.
    http://ageofwonders.com/forums/topic/the-meta-w-i-p/

I also have not read through all of them, but there are numerous guides that may or may not need updating over on Steam.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/226840/guides/

Also, more guide links while I’m compiling:
    Gloweye was working on campaign walkthrough
    http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:MilesBeyond250/Campaign_101

Also Unknown’s beginner’s campaign guide
    http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:MilesBeyond250/Campaign_101

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>hilfazer wrote:</div>

Fixing these ASAP, thanks for reporting

Also thanks for all the birthday wishes <3

Nymphs are still T2, I’m not sure where you found them to be T3.

Charlatan

Damn nice, Minionslayer! As far as I have seen, a lot of people have been waiting for this.

Jaduggar

awesome… just awesome 😀

BTW, will this work on my phone?

EDIT: WOW WOW WOW WOWOWOW! The color coding on this makes it SO easy to compare racial class units, I love it! 😀

(Belated) Happy Birthday!

NuMetal

Another belated Happy Birthday from me to my favorite Pirate Cat! 🙂

I can’t imagine how much work you must have put into this and I just wanted to say that I really really appreciate it!

Another very minor thing I noticed after browing your DB for some time is that the gifs are all taken when you had “force fast tactical combat” enabled. Therefore they are moving around way faster than their original animation.
    I guess it’d be a shitload of work to change this so better just leave it as is^^

However I would like for the devs to change it so that in the game even with fast tactical combat the animations stay normal and don’t become hyperactive. At least when you look at the stats and abilities of the unit…

Tibbles

Another very minor thing I noticed after browing your DB for some time is that the gifs are all taken when you had “force fast tactical combat” enabled. Therefore they are moving around way faster than their original animation.
    I guess it’d be a shitload of work to change this so better just leave it as is^^

All gifs are taken on the Strategic map, so that option doesn’t apply.

I had to do it this way for gif optimisation, recording the animations wasn’t very smooth, so it was a choice between a bit faster, or like watching a slideshow, I choose the former 😛
    I could’ve done long slow animations but that would’ve slowed down everyones browsers, or result in extremely pixelated, 16 colour gifs 🙁

NuMetal

All gifs are taken on the Strategic map, so that option doesn’t apply.

I had to do it this way for gif optimisation, recording the animations wasn’t very smooth, so it was a choice between a bit faster, or like watching a slideshow, I choose the former
    I could’ve done long slow animations but that would’ve slowed down everyones browsers, or result in extremely pixelated, 16 colour gifs

In that case you chose the optimal setting and I am even more impressed than before! 😀

SiaFu

Regarding GIFs, there are file format settings to adjust the framerate without bloating file size – you can specify delay between frames in seconds when you create the GIF, but risk losing fluidity of animation.
    The framerate can also be influenced by the viewer. In my photo viewer, they’re always at max speed.

I like them as they are – they even show racial units in their favored terrain.

Didymus1492

[nitpick]
    Builder — in my experience, building roads changes dense vegetation into fertile soil not barrens (per description of build road)
    Path of decay says it changes to ‘wastelands’ which is not an AOW3 terrain type. Presumably it should say blighted (or possibly barrens).
    [/nitpick]
    [request]
    Class units for AD/Sorc — perhaps at top of page note that units with “Dedicated to …” have those stripped when summoned by the appropriate class spell?
    [/request]

Now if only I could recall where I saw the word ‘travers’ when it should have been ‘traverse’.

Gloweye

[nitpicking about nitpicking]

Builder — in my experience, building roads changes dense vegetation into fertile soil not barrens (per description of build road)

If it does, it’s incorrect. And I don’t believe it does, though booting the game takes to long to me. See http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Machines#Builder for reference

Path of decay says it changes to ‘wastelands’ which is not an AOW3 terrain type. Presumably it should say blighted (or possibly barrens).

Agreed. We use “Blighted Wastelands” on the wiki, which I believe is what in-game also says.

Quite a bit of efford put into this! Looking great!

zephyrcloud

Awesome database. Thanks, Tibbles!

Tibbles

Update!

-Fixed various links, tooltips and abilities
    -Added Unit Cost(or Value when it’s a Summon)
    -Added Summon Cost and Upkeep
    -Added Building and Research requirements
    -Added new tab “Campaign and Other” for the Party Robot, Elder Eldritch and Tame Troll

Still adding Race Governance links
    Collecting data for Locations 🙂

NuMetal

Ooooh, lovely!

Those Party Robots are damn sexy! 😀

I noticed searching for something doesn’t include medals.
    So searching for “Path” yields no results as all the units that gain a “Path of X” gain it via medals.
    Think you could change that or add an option?

Tibbles

You have to search for “-path of frost” or “-path of life”
    I’m limited to 20 searchable tags per post, have to add full abilities, can’t add single words/

SiaFu

Aww… man. I was really looking forward to going up against Elder Eldritches in random maps. Guess I’ll have to finally make my own or start playing the campaign.

Great work in updating your Unit Database, Tibbles.

<br>

You’re right, and just to clear this up:

Build road (Builders and some Heroes in EL) changes dense vegetation into Fertile plains with road and costs 10 gold/hex;

Tree Crusher (Juggernauts and Dreadnaught heroes) changes dense vegetation into barrens and you gain gold.

Didymus1492

Looking around and I noticed that the entry for Halfling Brew Brother, their ability Throws Cleavers, the popup says “Shoots poisoned bolts at target”

NINJEW

The costs for the Goblin Warg Rider is incorrect, it’s listed as 90 gold when it’s actually 81. Similarly, the Dwarf Boar Rider is listed as 90 gold, but is actually 99.

Fenraellis

I do believe that Tibbles took the data straight from the Tome of Wonders, which itself doesn’t account for the Dwarven/Goblin racial cost modifiers.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.