Age of Wonders III set to release Q1 2014

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Age of Wonders III set to release Q1 2014

This topic contains 51 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  EvilEmpire 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 31 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Unknown250

Oh, thanks goodness. This is the best news I’ve heard all day. Not to sound like a partypooper, but I was extremely skeptical of the Fall 2013 release date, and was very worried we’d have another Eador – or worse, Elemental – on our hands.

Edi

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Edi wrote:</div>
    However, for anyone who wishes to know more about the Dominions series, please ask at the proper venue (the Dominions forums over at Desura). I wish to respect the request from Triumph to not advertise other products here since this forum is intended to discuss AoW3. I do not want to trespass and abuse their hospitality in that regard. So back to the regularly scheduled programming.

you shouldnt ask ppl to leave the forum for another games forum either! lol

*dies inside as people leave for another forum*

Quick someone build a wizard tower for me before the next turn is up !!! :O

I don’t mean for anyone to leave this forum in the sense of abandoning it for another. I certainly will not, even though I don’t post a whole lot here. However, I would be very surprised if this forum was the only one anyone here frequents and so it is not unreasonable to try to comply with Triumph’s wishes regarding other products.

Oh, thanks goodness. This is the best news I’ve heard all day. Not to sound like a partypooper, but I was extremely skeptical of the Fall 2013 release date, and was very worried we’d have another Eador – or worse, Elemental – on our hands.

lol i never thought of it like that, but i do guess that the planned release date was very close to the first announcement date of the game … :O but they were working on it in the shadows before then too so i dunno – just glad the games getting the attention it deserves >:D

I don’t mean for anyone to leave this forum in the sense of abandoning it for another. I certainly will not, even though I don’t post a whole lot here. However, I would be very surprised if this forum was the only one anyone here frequents and so it is not unreasonable to try to comply with Triumph’s wishes regarding other products.

Hehe, i was only kidding bud 😀

warrax

the only sad thing about that is, AoW3 is not mmo, so we probably don’t get a chance to see game before release (alpha\beta\demo)

Ghaleon

That’s a bit disappointing, I’m not one of those people who lose it because of a few bugs here and there. (Though Eador’s NO KARMA DURING CAMPAIGN bug was past my limit for sure…especially when the patch that fixed it couldn’t fix your saves.. blah). But it is nice to get delay notices as early as this one came (normally they come at like the final month before supposed launch lol).

Seems like everyone takes longer to develop games than they anticipate these days, so it’s nothing really shameful at this point. TBH, I think game companies should simply stop predicting release dates at this point, at least publicly.

NEHZ

Seems like everyone takes longer to develop games than they anticipate these days, so it’s nothing really shameful at this point. TBH, I think game companies should simply stop predicting release dates at this point, at least publicly.

While I’m disappointed that I have to wait longer to play the game, because I want to play it NOW, I actually never really put a lot of faith in the initial date because they set it when they still hadn’t decided on quite a bit of design stuff. The developers often mentioned reading the forum and that they really changed some stuff because of what they read. All of that testifies that they keep designing and changing the design as they go along, which is needed when creating games because you don’t always know what’s fun before you tried it. But it does make for very unstable release dates.
    No matter how much experience you have, I know that with programming at least, the time it will take you will always be at least slightly off from what you’ve predicted. Every code is different, because if what you’re making is the exact same as something you’ve done before, you can just copy/paste 🙂

1Q14!? Crap! That means I gotta get writing! Sheesh… always the last to know… 😛

1Q14!? Crap! That means I gotta get writing! Sheesh… always the last to know… :P

Time to finally figure out what happened to the Archons Ray 😉

NuMetal

1Q14!? Crap! That means I gotta get writing! Sheesh… always the last to know… 😛

😀

well, good luck with your task! I hope you can finish it in time…
    Oh, and don’t forget to add the lore part about Penguikong, the glorious king of the Dire Penguins, and his unforgettable martyrdom at the battle of Los Krakos! 😉

Brother JO

1Q14!? Crap! That means I gotta get writing! Sheesh… always the last to know… :P

Time to finally figure out what happened to the Archons Ray

I’m curious about Archon’s fate too. Hey Ray, please don’t kill/banish/turn into undead all archons 😀 We still want to see a few bunch of living archons kicking & fighting in Blessed Continent. Please don’t break your fans’ hearts 😛

Calmar

I’ve been waiting for ten years, a few months more won’t kill me. 🙂

Nexium Night

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU *Roar! Rage-quit; table-flip!*

Oh well :/ I have a couple of things to say about this:

1: At least it gives you time to think about putting in more than merely six races (please do that)

2: When in 2014 is it coming out (I hope it’s in early 2014)

terrahero

2: When in 2014 is it coming out (I hope it’s in early 2014)

They are aiming for Q1. So the first quarter of 2014. Could be anywhere from January to April i suppose.

Apparently the devs see the need to delay the game in order to assure a better state of quality. Disapointing to many no doubt, but its for a good reason. We’ll probably get teased to death in the meantime.

Any chance of a demo release prior to that? ^^

I’ll be waiting, just not very patiently 😛

Mazamune

You know, i’ve been on the age of wonders game since the very first one and i really loved all of them. And so i’d rather get a well polished game next year than a unfinished buggy game right now.

And i really want the devs to hear me out: just take your time, don’t rush it and make us something GREAT, in honor to the two first games, we all count on y’all!

I actually find it very reassuring that Triumph Studios are willing (and able) to delay the release of the game in order to make sure it is ready for release. Too many good games has died (or gotten in serious troubles) because they have been released too early. (SotS 2 is a prime example)

TirAsleen

So, Dominions4 and a polished AoW3?

After such a long wait for some good tbs games we get it all at once.*lol*

RedDino

OMG, I would pre-order right away. Triumph is proving my patience, I was so excited when I heared about AoW3 to be released in fall, BUT take your time Triumph. The Netherland haven´t been dehumidified in a day, right? 😉
    I played from day one and AoW+AoWSM were great games (still playing SM), I expect even more from AoW3, that takes it´s time I guess…EVEN IF IT DRIVES ME CRAZZZZZY!!!

Brulaap

The 50 gold i had set aside will now probably go to Dwarven ale and a Battering ram.
    The battering ram obviously i will use on triumph studio gates if the game is not released before February 2014 ! ~_^

So glad AOW 3 will come, i played hundreds of hours on AOW 2, exellent game !

Zozma

I wasn’t really expecting a Fall release, and am glad it wasn’t pused back farther than it was. Dom3 and other games will tide me over.

Knight9910

To quote Shigeru Miyamoto: “A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is forever bad.”

In other words, I’m okay with it.

EvilEmpire

and are currently planning a great pre-order promotion

Need some help on the planning? 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 31 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.