Age of Wonders III V1.6 now live on Steam and GoG!

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Age of Wonders III V1.6 now live on Steam and GoG!

This topic contains 67 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by  nvc_for_the_soul 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Lennart Sas
    Keymaster

Zaskow

Any info about future plans?

esvath

Finally! Love this!

Epaminondas

Indeed. The anticipation is killing me! ;(

Helgrind

Great update! The tutorial will be a good bait to attract and introduce new players to the game

Ravenholme

Excellent work guys, can’t wait to give the Tutorial a spin just to see how it is.

Indeed. The anticipation is killing me! ;(

Likewise.

Arlow

wow, the amount you guys do
    and thunderstorm for sorcerers makes me so happy
    tyvm

Jolly Joker

Great. Lots of stuff to check. Really curious about the RMG changes.

Future plans? Summer holiday, I suppose… 🙂

Socratatus

Wow indeed, some great improvements here. For example I never touched Underground because there was no ‘random’ choice (I put almost every game on ‘random’ because I love being in a world that forms itself rather than to suit me) – Now I will stick it on random and if Underground comes up, I’ll go with it!

I love that the AI is more likely to ally with you if it NEEDS to rather than how big your army is. Often it takes two or more small nations to take on a powerful one, so how big the army is should not be the only reason to making an allience, especially if you are losing (you’ll ally with anyone the worse it gets). Obviously you’ll try to ally with the Nation with the biggest army first, but the more the merrier, no matter how small. Team up and fight the bully!

Great work and thanks for the ongoing support Dev Team! I am glad my trust in purchase the game on GOG was well rewarded. 🙂

p.s. I find it curious that people are asking about future plans before the paint on this new patch is even dry. It seems impatient and a bit silly to me. Give those guys a chance to catch their breath and rest!

Gloweye

Horned God now has Entangling Strike Ability. No longer gets Entangling Touch on gold (we have a new thing planned to replace it, but we ran out of time for this update)
    ……..
    The Horned God now has Summon Erymanthian Boar on Gold medal.

This seems a bit contradictionary….and I know the first one is false.

bam65

Lots of good changes, thanks.

Didymus1492

Love the Prototype Party Robots, but note that they lack the Fireworks ability of the campaign robots (unless this has changed since yesterday’s version of the beta, which seems unlikely). Which is kinda a shame since the Fireworks artifact is named ‘Party Fireworks’. But that would probably have driven the price up, as well as making them insanely versatile.

Gloweye, I have seen the Entangling Strike in action. Are you confusing it with Entangling Touch?

Athei

It never ceases to amaze me how awesome you guys are 🙂 Keep up the great work!

great, great, great! Hope to test it asap! And that it does not mess up my current savegame 😉 Was really looking forward to this.

Dr_K

Gloweye, I have seen the Entangling Strike in action. Are you confusing it with Entangling Touch?

The contradiction is “(we have a new thing planned to replace it, but we ran out of time for this update)” with the thing that is replacing it “Summon Erymanthian Boar on Gold medal.”

Not the Entangling skills.

Gloweye

The contradiction is “(we have a new thing planned to replace it, but we ran out of time for this update)” with the thing that is replacing it “Summon Erymanthian Boar on Gold medal.”

Not the Entangling skills.

^This

quo

Love the Prototype Party Robots, but note that they lack the Fireworks ability of the campaign robots (unless this has changed since yesterday’s version of the beta, which seems unlikely). Which is kinda a shame since the Fireworks artifact is named ‘Party Fireworks’. But that would probably have driven the price up, as well as making them insanely versatile.

If 1.6 is the same as the beta patch I’ve been playing for a while, the Robots get Fireworks on Gold medal.

Bjmolf

amazing update! thanks a lot!

Motasa

Great work! Very nice patch.

zeelilus

RIP cheetahs.

Looks forward to using druid even more now though, even if the tigran shaman isn’t as useful now.

CSav10

wow, the amount you guys do
    and thunderstorm for sorcerers makes me so happy
    tyvm

Im incredably glad to see thunderstorm in game too ;), I mentioned in a number of posts that I would love the ability to appear on more than just lords of the deep. The only thing I don’t understand is why this is the only level 13 ability in game. The fact you have passives like regrowth, invoke death, and Divine justicars giving your entire party resurgence at level 11, I find this highly absurd. Admitedly if your leader is a sorcerer the 20% shock weakness will add 1-2 damage to most of your units, but the actual spell damage if your unlucky with the number of bolt strikes does less damage than chain lightning over 3 rounds.

Rhaeg

I just did the tutorial and it’s a nice level with some cool foreshadowing to the story of the campaign, BUT(…):

1. it’s a bit “mosterd na de maaltijd” – the Dutch devs will know the meaning, but the literal translation would be “mustard after the meal” 😉
    2. while it probably helps new players, it is still not nearly as comprehensive as the AOW:SM tutorial campaign. I understand that a lot of info is in the Tome of Wonders, but if you ever do a new AOW game, you shouldn’t link players to walls of text. New players want to get into the game immediately, so you cannot expect many to stop to read large chunks of text – no matter how well written they are (and the ToW is great).

Really, the AOW:SM campaign tutorial was great, make sure to include something like that again next time you make a game that is considered complex (and yes, turn-based strategy games like these are considered more complex than most types of games). If you want to attract newcomers to turn-based strategy, you need something like that, me thinks.

Didymus1492

If 1.6 is the same as the beta patch I’ve been playing for a while, the Robots get Fireworks on Gold medal.

Oooh, I didn’t think to check. Thanks!

skragx

A fantastic update – thanks. Especially keen to see the changes to the random map generator and the underground in particular in effect.

“Water and lava rivers in random ganerated maps are more likely to be classified as badass”. Ha. Sounds interesting, but wondering what this means exactly? Simply longer/wider? Guess i’ll find out soon enough.

I am seeing no new 1.6 update in my GOG library. Is it showing up for anyone else?

Motasa

I am seeing no new 1.6 update in my GOG library. Is it showing up for anyone else?

Update 1.565 is the most recent version of the patch I can find on GOG. My version of the game on Steam is updated correctly to 1.600. Hope this gets resolved quickly. It must be either delayed – thanks to Summer Sale – or there might be something wrong with the GOG patch(?).

Tibbles

Update 1.565 is the most recent version of the patch I can find on GOG. My version of the game on Steam is updated correctly to 1.600. Hope this gets resolved quickly. It must be either delayed – thanks to Summer Sale – or there might be something wrong with the GOG patch(?).

A GOG employee has to manually turn the files Triumph gives them into a patchfile for their system, that’s probably the bottleneck.

It’s not developer controlled like Steam.

rilian-la-te

Just tested it with my belowed Cat Earth Godness in Wine:) It is called GOG-17:)

Motasa

A GOG employee has to manually turn the files Triumph gives them into a patchfile for their system, that’s probably the bottleneck.

Yeah, I thought as much.

Khelle

It is on the gog, its called:

“Patch 1.565 (gog-17) 1.549 (gog-15)+ -> 1.565 (gog-17) 82 MB”

This is version 1.6
    You can check it in changelog page of the game tab, it says “version 1.6 (build 1.565)”

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.