Age of Wonders III V1.6 now live on Steam and GoG!

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Age of Wonders III V1.6 now live on Steam and GoG!

This topic contains 67 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by  nvc_for_the_soul 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author

esvath

It is on the gog, its called:

“Patch 1.565 (gog-17) 1.549 (gog-15)+ -> 1.565 (gog-17) 82 MB”

This is version 1.6
    You can check it in changelog page of the game tab, it says “version 1.6 (build 1.565)”

I can confirm that GOG-17 is Patch 1.6.

You can patch it and start a new game. You will see that there are six build queue slots in city, a feature of Patch 1.6.

middyjd

Good update!

Marcus

Great job Triumph!

Khelle

You can patch it and start a new game. You will see that there are six build queue slots in city, a feature of Patch 1.6.

There is faster way – in the main game panel in the corner there are written both version and build 🙂

Taykor

Awesome improvements!

Helgrind

Halflings now build Prototype Party Robots instead of Golems.

Haha, thats awesome!

Rillifane

“Added Vampire Spider Baby and Tiger to Call Wild Animal.
    Added Polar Bear, Dire Panther, Mammoth and Dire Bear to Call Eldritch Animal, removed the Gold Wyvern and increased the chance for Gryphons a bit to compensate.

Root Spears is now strength 12 physical (was 9 physical) and removes all move points (was 50%), leaving the target with a single action point, but unable to move.

Hunters now get +1 ranged damage from High Elf Military 1 race governance upgrade as well.”

Woohoo! I love you,Dev. 🙂

Arlow

couple of odd graphic things happened post patch on my imac.

when scrolling the shadows would stay behind on the screen – changing from the general high setting to custom and removing shadows fixed it, of corse.

also, the minmap in the lower right a couple of times was tinted blue all over when loading a game, but scrolling out to the paper map and back in fixes.

otherwise no probs at all and having the best time.

CSav10

Just reading through the patch notes I noticed

Horned God now has Entangling Strike Ability. No longer gets Entangling Touch on gold (we have a new thing planned to replace it, but we ran out of time for this update)

Yet I also noticed

The Horned God now has Summon Erymanthian Boar on Gold medal.

Am I to understand with call lightning, a boar summon, and a 2 turn passive on strike disable, that they receive even more in addition to Summon Erymanthian Boar on Gold medal? I always thought the boar summon was the replacement. I also don’t feel they need anything else added in there current state.

ImpactEdge

Were the crashes related to Undead Plague fixed?

Sadorhael

Great with another update 🙂

Two annoying graphical issues on a Mac (steam):

1. Some mounts seems to be textured in half. E.g. manticores and raptors have sometimes their left side covered with the correct texture while the right side is white. This bug has been around since 1.5.

2. After 1.6, shadows on the strategic map takes a second or so to update. After I have moved the map, the shadows for the previous location persist for a second until they update.

And another thing: Could you please include somehwere in the unit detail info what bonus the skill Meditate automatically gives in combat? I can’t find it anywhere.

happyworld

Another excellent patch from the greatest development team ever.
    (Insert many cheers)

just test-played the tutorial.
    It covers the most important basics and has a nice design. For a game as complex as AoW3 it might have been a bit more intense though.
    Here some thing I found missing:
    – interface explanation (especially information tab in the upper left corner)
    – casting global spells like poison mastery and the importance of reinforcing spells
    – diplomatics! There are some hints when you click on the icon but you are not pushed to it (maybe add a third faction?)
    – maybe I missed it but was there anything on alignment? A mercy/no mercy situation might be a good situation to explain it.
    – you mention the shortcut to send more units but never advice to build them. There should be a follow up message after finishing the storehouse
    – There is a fey dwelling hidden on the map. If new players just stuck to the path, they will probably never find it. IMO there should be a short explanation on the differences between cities and dwellings
    – I miss Sundrens responses to some of the dialogs
    – vassals! important part of the game entirely neglected

Triscopic

I’ve not played it yet but assuming Seamus is correct, missing out vassals and dwellings seems like fairly big holes in the tutorial. Whilst other 4X games have minor races in them AoW3 does it differently enough to warrant explanation, and vassalling cities is quite a new – and critical to understand – idea.

demoix

Any changes in 1.6 from latest 1.52 beta?

Eomolch

Party Robots …
    Entangling Strike …
    better Underground …
    Righteous Zeal + Denounce Heretic …

and: Party Robots – muhahahahaha 😀

(now seriously this sounds extremely promising, even though I have to check out the underground to see how it’s actually looking like now)

Leto2626

Thanks for the great work, that’s quite an update !
    I just started a new random map yesterday sadly, but looking forward to the one after that and I’ll have underground turned on for a change to check it out !

Motasa

missing out vassals and dwellings seems like fairly big holes in the tutorial

I think the tutorial covers the basics quite adequately. It introduces new players in short fashion to the majority of strategic and tactical elements in the game. I regard a tutorial that does that – summarizing the most essential parts the game to start playing it – as a good tutorial. No matter how extensive a tutorial is, learning by playing the game results in my experience always to a better understanding of how to play. I also think the Tome of Wonders and the newly added hints in the loading screens help enormously with familiarizing players with the game. Maybe it’s just me, but I enjoy discovering new things while playing (strategic) games for myself and hate it when every detail is lectured to me.

ffbj

Struck dumb in Awe at your greatness!

Khelle

It seems independent forces now totally ignore player’s cities and fortresses and never tries to claim them. Has anyone other encountered this behaviour?

Fenraellis

Such a simple thing, but so easy to miss(how often does anyone even think of Brain Rot?). Anyway, the unit target tooltip for Brain Rot still states -10 CP, even though the Tome of Wonders and ability tooltip properly display -20 CP as the effect.

esvath

It seems independent forces now totally ignore player’s cities and fortresses and never tries to claim them. Has anyone other encountered this behaviour?

I got the Penguin cosmic event and the Dire Penguins and the Archdruid hero beelined to my cities.

Khelle

I got the Penguin cosmic event and the Dire Penguins and the Archdruid hero beelined to my cities.

What about bandit camps, graveyards etc.? In my last two games they totally ignored cities. They wandered around, stand next to the city, attacked my units outside the city, but they never tried taking cities or fortresses – even empty ones.

xenopat

Nice work, devs, thanks a lot!

But i would have loved some corrections of translation bugs in my language that still sound like bad google translate trys. Sounds like amateur work even though i’m sure it was not.

Jolly Joker

What about bandit camps, graveyards etc.? In my last two games they totally ignored cities. They wandered around, stand next to the city, attacked my units outside the city, but they never tried taking cities or fortresses – even empty ones.

Isn’t there a countdown in place, that they start attacking towns only after turn 20 or some such?

Didymus1492

… they never tried taking cities or fortresses – even empty ones.

I would say especially empty ones, and this has been true since at least AoW:SM. When I cannot defend a city I send my troops out of it and quite frequently the AI walks WAY AROUND the (completely unguarded) city to attack my troops. The AI isn’t optimized for grabbing targets of opportunity, which is one huge advantage humans have over the AI.

Khelle

Isn’t there a countdown in place, that they start attacking towns only after turn 20 or some such?

I completed two whole L-size games with no signle bandit or undead dragon taking my empty cities. They were standing next to it, but did nothing more than looking at it.

would say especially empty ones, and this has been true since at least AoW:SM. When I cannot defend a city I send my troops out of it and quite frequently the AI walks WAY AROUND the (completely unguarded) city to attack my troops. The AI isn’t optimized for grabbing targets of opportunity, which is one huge advantage humans have over the AI.

The problem is, before, bandit camps and graveyards were specially designed for this and they did take empty cities. Now something seems to be broken.

@xenopat, why don’t you submit the translation fixes as bugs/issues? 🙂

@triumph, thanks for this great patch! I was just half-heartedly playing when bam! I got the All-Knowing quest completion and got Explorer and Master of Creation for the first time since before the last patch. I didn’t see it in the notes anywhere but all throughout the last patch I could only get the elemental specializations from AK quest.

Now I am a happy camper because I can have my temperate empires with my Arch Angels.

Any chance we can convince you to make the number of starting specializations customizable in a future patch? 🙂

Eomolch

What I forgot to mention in my last post, I’m not sure I really like the change in meditate. Having to spend action points on it seemed like an interesting trade-off and more importantly it made it a rather defensive ability, suiting the theme of a keeper of peace, since as an agressor you rather want to engage the enemy fast which is in direct conflict with the slow meditate ability (the way it was pre-patch).

BB Shockwave

Wow, so many changes and fixes… some are stuff I reported actually, like the webbing animation missing for Sphinxes or the attacking after defensive strike (with killing momentum) bug.

I hope the AI independents not seeing invisible units really works now, I just got some nightshade faeries. 🙂
    I sure am gonna miss the Cheetahs throw net, though. Still, at least this makes Prowlers more relevant even after you get class infantry.
    I was asking for the new animals to be added to the druid summon pool, nice to see it done. Good thing I still haven’t played the campaigns, now I will be able to experience these in full. 🙂

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.