Age of Wonders III V1.6 now live on Steam and GoG!

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Age of Wonders III V1.6 now live on Steam and GoG!

This topic contains 67 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by  nvc_for_the_soul 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author

BB Shockwave

And I see my post asking for giving something to “do” to Evangelists worked too. Denounce Heretic sounds useful – I started using the spell less and less as my armies and units gained level.

Found a bug with this though, in my already started game, my gold-medal Evangelist did not have the ability by default… even though all other changes applied automatically from the patch.
    Also, the ability name is incorrectly “Denouce”, missing a second ‘N’.

BB Shockwave

Found a few more bugs, unfortunately.
    I read that “Meditate” got turned into automatic – sadly this didn’t seem to affect existing games, only as in that it removed “Meditate” completely from my Dedicated to Good units. 🙁

Not sure if it is a new bug or old – after I got the Special spell “Great reawakening”, and used it in a battle against some Reapers, I was dismayed to find out it only resurrects your units in-combat, they die at the end of combat… if this is so by default, the text should say so – though, I find it rather useless in this case.

Fenraellis

I find it rather useless in this case.

Reviving a unit every turn is ‘rather useless’?

BB Shockwave

I find it rather useless in this case.

Reviving a unit every turn is ‘rather useless’?

Like with most strategies, I play AOW3 for “no-loss” (except some unavoidable deaths like your scouts being caught by neutrals). So I take care never to lose a unit (unless it has resurgence). So yeah, I would not lose a unit every turn normally and hence, would need no such spell to win a battle… But facing enemies that can kill you with a word (the reapers) this would have been very useful in avoiding losses and cheaper than casting Phoenix Warriors or Resurgence on every unit.

Fenraellis

I suppose that is common with some Single Player(and I don’t mean that as a pejorative) play, so fair enough.

Stormwind

whoops wrong thread

Ben Dover

As an old school AOW mp player I totally agree. Entangling strike is one of the most powerful unit features in the game. I expect THG to be quite OP in multiplayer, especially if compared to other whimpy lvl 4 units like the frost dragon, which should at least gain freeze on its breath.

Kind of late reply because of holidays: looks great especially added features and improving the Random Map Generator!

I immediately started a new map; now the only thing I miss in the RMG is a possibility to randomize each specific terrain type, making a map more random and less predictable. See my suggestion at another thread: http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/random-geography-for-rmg/

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.